A map showing, primarily, the depth of the Moira River within Belleville, Ontario. Together with a written report, it proposed a channel to the New Ferry Slip. Major streets and some lots are also labelled. By John D. Evans, P.L.S. on April 28, 1881 or 1887. Scale: 66 feet : 1". Note the interesting colouring at dimmed edges.
A map of the Bellleville Harbour, in July-August 1880, featuring harbour dredging, flood limits of 1879; Flint & Holton's saw mill; Mill Island; Grand Junction Railway. By E. de Bouchinville. Scale: 400ft : 1 inch (original).
Reproduction made in 1976 of an 1875 map of the Belleville Harbour in Bay of Quinte. The map features major streets, buildings and depth readings of travelled waters. Surveyed by F. M. Hamel, C.E. Drawn by J. M. Faga. Scale: 1:6000.
A "Map of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland" published by the Copp Clark Co. Ltd. of Toronto in 1945.
The map served dual commercial and educational purposes. It advertises for a chocolate company with slogans and images: "Neilson's, The best chocolate bars in Canada [and] Neilson's Jersey milk chocolate - The best milk chocolate made." On the top right corner, an inscription writes that the map was for rural, underprivileged schools and was not to be removed from such locations.
1972 copy of an 1837 plan of 'Diseronca' (now Deseronto, Ontario), surveyed by G.J. Clapp on August 26th, 1837. The plan is Plan 43 of the plans registered in the Hastings County Registry.
The north-south streets shown on the right side of the map are, from right to left, First Street, Second Street, Third Street and Fourth Street. Near the end of Fourth Street a wharf is marked on the map. This is Culbertson's Wharf.
Hamilton & Hope Townships, Map (order) 841-5711 showing areas of; Hamilton & Hope Townships-including Cobourg & Port Hope showing Hydro lines and gas & oil pipelines. Dated August 27, 1973. Scale: 1 inch = 2000 feet.
A "Surveyor's Concept Plan of Belleville Waterfront in the future." Drawn by Paul Wiegand circa 1970. Includes heritage buildings moved to new location. Heritage buildings (left to right) Lynch House, [unknown] Patrie House, Margaret Simpson Inn (1820) [church], [house from Pinnacle or Church St.?] . . . 2nd from right: McIntosh, Ridley House, right: [unknown]; in foreground: Petrie Stone building. P. Wreg and Concept of Belleville Harbour.
A blueprint planning the suspension footbridge across the Moira River in Belleville, Ontario. Approved by Charles Mott - April 21, 1936. Submitted by Walter H. Patterson of the Patterson Construction Company.
Reproduction of a map showing "the Routes Lt. Gov. J. G. Simcoe took on trips" throughout Upper Canada from March 1792 to September 1795. The map was charted by Lt. Gov. Simcoe. A good depiction of the area now referred to as Southern Ontario and his plans for a capital there - "London." This map was published as part of "Charting Our Past" from the Archives of Ontario by Stonehouse Publications.
Plan of subdivision creating Bay and Cross Streets in Plainfield, Thurlow Township, Ontario. Text reads: "Plan of Town lots laid out on the front of the East Half of lot number twenty three in the Seventh concession of the Township of Thurlow in the County of Hastings, Surveyed for the proprietor Josephy Fletcher Mackencie [Mackenzie] , By John Emerson P.L.S. October 1877. Scale one chain to an Inch. This plan is correct and is prepared under the provisions of the Registrations of Titles (Ontario) Act. John Emerson P.L.S. Duplicate Plan registered the first day of June A. D. 1878." The lot at the southeast corner is identified as "Halls Tavern Lot".