File contains a handwritten essay by Florence McKeown and Ida Smith both from Springbrook regarding the history of Springbrook community ca. 1838 to 1965. Includes information on roads, local industry, churches, schools and a brief account of the cheese factories and local families
File contains 2 newspaper articles; one from the Ontario Intelligencer dated 13-November-1964 titled "Nichols Chemical, Sulphide, Will Close at Year's End Due Loss of Mine Market" and the second one (dated 30-May-1957 from the Tweed News) titled "Rawdon Family Have Acquired Sulphide Store.
File contains a printed, completed deed of land to Benjamin Stedman, Stirling, for the purchase of lands seized by the Crown on the east half of lot number twenty-two in the sixth concession of the Township of Rawdon, 22 December 1859.
File contains a typescript essay by C.S. Chard, Stirling, regarding the history of the River Valley and Oak Hills community ca. 1877 to 1965. Includes information on roads, schools and a brief account of the River Valley Pioneer Cemetery.
File contains two manuscript declarations by Thomas Douglas, Rawdon Township Clerk, dated 19 January 1863, certifying that James Cooke, and Robert Lison were duly elected as Reeve and Deputy-Reeve, respectively, for the Township of Rawdon. Also present is a completed printed affidavit certifying George Conley's election as Reeve of the Township of Rawdon, 16 January 1866. Also includes a manuscript By Law no. 85, issued by the Council of the County of Hastings on 8 September 1860 concerning the disposal of road allowances in the Township of Rawdon.
File contains an Ontario Intelligencer newspaper article, 28 August 1962 concerning the upcoming centennial of the Rawdon Municipal Hall at Harold. Also present is a newspaper article of 29 November 1962 concerning a mortgage-burning ceremony by the Plum Grove Cheese Factory, Rawdon Township.
File contains a manuscript petition to the County Council of Hastings by residents of the Township of Rawdon, dated 1 November 1871 requesting the construction of a road between Rawdon Township and Marmora for the purpose of moving goods to market or mill, and for the repair of a causeway to Seymore which was destroyed by fire in the summer of 1871.
File contains several newspaper clippings concerning the election of the Rawdon Township Council, and minutes of its meetings, 1957. Also present is a photocopied excerpt of the Hastings County Directory, 1860-1861, and 1864-1865 with statistics for Rawdon Township including names of property owners listing occupations, and location of properties by lot and concession number.
File contains a notebook entitled Cobourg, Northumberland and Pacific Railway Reference Book with manuscript entries completed by the Registrar, Hastings County 29 March 1898 concerning railroad allowances in Rawdon Township at 10 December 1894.