Showing 467 results

People and Organizations
Corporate body

Hastings East District Women's Institutes

  • Corporate body
  • 1901-

Hastings East District first met in 1901. It was an umbrella organization for Women's Institutes branches in the east of Hastings County, Ontario.

The branches covered by the District and their dates of foundation were:
Melrose, March 1902
Quinte, August 1907
Roslin, December 1908
Plainfield, March 1910
Bethel Zion, 1912
Tyendinaga East, February 1929
Moira, April 1946
Carmel, March 1949
Foxboro, May 1949
Cannifton, April 1950
Chapman's, May 1950
Parkdale, November 1953

See http://fwio.on.ca/structure/hastings-district for information on the institutes currently covered by its successor, Hastings District.

Trenton (Ont.)

  • Corporate body

The Village of Trenton, Ontario, was incorporated through a Proclamation effective January 1, 1853 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849.

Moira Cheese Factory Company

  • Corporate body
  • 1869-[1929]

The Moira Cheese Factory Company was formed in 1869 in the village of Moira, Hastings County, Ontario.

County of Hastings

  • Corporate body
  • 1850-

The County of Hastings was incorporated effective January 1, 1850 under the terms of Canada Statutes 1849, Chapter 78.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch

  • Corporate body
  • 1983-

The Quinte Branch of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario was established in 1983 to buy the c.1817 McIntosh-Ridley House on South Front Street in Belleville, Ontario. The founding executive members were: Roy Turner, Rodger Greig, Tom Cruickshank, Alex Herlovitch and Heather McClune. The branch organizes architectural walking tours and talks about historic buildings in the Quinte Region.

South Hastings Film Council

  • Corporate body
  • 1950-?

The South Hastings Film Council was formed in December 1950 by the merger of Hastings County Film Council and Foxboro & District Film Council. Each month the Film Council recieved one box of films from the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) and arranged showings throughout their district, which consisted of Sidney, Thurlow and Tyendinaga Townships. Films were shown to school groups during the day, with a public showing in the evenings. The Film Council advertised the showings, supplied equipment (projectors) and organized the events. Connie Churchill was the secretary and Jim Churchill was "the fixer" the one in charge of setting up everything. Wanda I. Sine was treasurer.

Uniondale Women's Institute

  • Corporate body

Uniondale Women's Institute was based in Sidney Township, Hastings County.

Quinte Women's Institute

  • Corporate body

Quinte Women's Institute was organized on August 7, 1907 at Cleize schoolhouse on Highway 2 east of Pt. Anne Lane. Meetings were held on the second Tuesday of each month in the home of one of its members. The institute was disbanded in 1994.

Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club

  • Corporate body

The Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club was founded in 1943 and was originally called the Sunshine Group. The Club began for women living in Prince Edward County, later expanding its boundaries to include the Belleville area. The Prince Edward Belleville Ladies Club raised money for community projects, made charitable donations to organizations, attended guest speaches, and researched local history. The Club was active for 56 years, officially closing in 1999.

Paudash Women's Institute

  • Corporate body

The Paudash Women's Institute was in the North Hastings W.I. district in Ontario. It was formed in 1947 and disbanded in 1978.

Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School

  • Corporate body
  • 1928-2004

The cornerstone of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School on Church Street in Belleville, Ontario, was laid on 5 October 1927. The school officially opened on 12 December 1928. The school closed its doors to students in 1992 and stood empty for twelve years. It was eventually demolished in 2004.

Quinte Cultural Centre

  • Corporate body
  • 1997-2003

The Quinte Cultural Centre at Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School (BCIVS) was a non-profit corporation composed of concerned citizens in Belleville, Ontario and vicinity whose primary objective was to develop a cultural and information centre in the vacant BCIVS. Registered as a charitable organization in October 1997, it was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in October 1998. BCIVS 2000, also registered as a charitable organization and a not-for-profit corporation registered in Ontario, was the steering committee for the development of the Quinte Cultural Centre.

Results 441 to 460 of 467