CA ON00156 DA 2011.05
- 1918 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Deseronto, Ontario was incorporated as a town in 1889. The settlement had become a village in 1871, known as Mill Point. It was given the name Deseronto in 1881, after Captain John Deserontyon, the leader of the 20 families who settled in the area as the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte in 1784.
Originally donated to the Deseronto Archives by Tom Dowling in February 2011.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Transferred to Community Archives in September 2016.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Property tax bill addressed to Reuben Cronk of Deseronto.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata