St. Mark's Anglican Church, Deseronto, Ontario

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Mark's Anglican Church, Deseronto, Ontario

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1876-2001

History

The Anglican parish of St. Mark’s was founded in Deseronto (the Mill Point) in 1876 under The Rev. E. H. M. Baker and named after his church of ordination in Britain. In 1880 The Rev. Thomas Stanton was appointed the first incumbent of the new St. Mark’s church and, according to Anglican tradition the first ‘official’ service did not take place until the building was nearing completion in 1887. Consecration of the building did not occur until 1892 when the debt for construction was paid off. The church was deconsecrated at the end of 2001 and became a private residence in 2003.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places