- 1967 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 folded paper map (63.5 x 95cm)
Name of creator
In 1916, the Department of Public Highways of Ontario was formed and took on the responsibility of establishing provincial highways.
On April 1, 1937, the Department of Northern Development was created and merged with the Department of Highways of Ontario.
In 1971, the Department of Highways assumed the responsibility for Communications, which prompted it to be renamed as the Ministry of Transportation and Communications in 1972.
It later became the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario in 1987.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by Gerry Boyce.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A road map of the northern and southern portions of the Province of Ontario. Published by the Ontario Department of Highways in 1967 for the Centennial Year. Various indexes and legends are located on the map.