Religions

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Religions

Equivalent terms

Religions

Associated terms

Religions

149 Archival description results for Religions

149 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Belleville Central School and St. Thomas church photographs

  • CA ON00156 2015-13
  • File
  • 1891-1901

Four photographs:

  1. Class photograph of children at Belleville Central School (later Victoria School), c.1891
  2. Class photograph of children at Belleville Central School (later Victoria School), c.1891
  3. Choir of St. Thomas's Anglican Church, Belleville, 1893
  4. Helen Corby's Young Men's Class of St. Thomas's Sunday School, Belleville, 1901

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Belleville) records

  • CA ON00156 MG 29
  • Fonds
  • 1885-2006

This fonds comprises two accessions. Materials donated by church officials in 2002 include:

  • 36 annual reports dating from 1898 to 2000
  • 'St. Andrew's Church Weekly News', 1888-1890
  • 'St. Andrew's Church News', 1968-1969
  • 'Open Door', 1972-1983
  • 'St. Andrew's Newsletter', 1984-1994
  • 'The Lamp and the Thistle', 1995-2001
  • 100th Anniversary Services, 1927
  • History of the church (4 pages)
  • Correspondence
  • Report: Hastings-Prince Edward Children's Services Committee, 'Directory of Services for Children in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties', 1980
  • Report: Community Care for Seniors, 'A Study of the Needs of the Disabled in the Belleville Area', 1980
  • Report: Community Development Council of Belleville and District, 'Task Force on Hunger Report', 1992

The remaining materials were extracted from the Hastings County Historical Society's textual records in the summer of 2014:

  • File of documents relating to the church's history such as a 1901 article in the Daily Intelligencer and a history of the church written by Kenneth S. Hill
  • File of correspondence and newsletters
  • 15 assorted annual reports and financial statements up to 1970, with a fund-raising proposal.
  • Minutes from the St. Andrew's Society from February 12, 1885 and a menu from the St. Andrew's Day anniversary from 1890
  • File of notices, a program from a service dedicated to Queen Victoria's funeral; a list of soldiers from the congregation who fought in World War One; a program from Sunday, December 4, 1932; programs from Stainer's "The Crucifixion" from 1958, 1959, and 1961; the itinerary from the 1959 annual council meeting of the Women's Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church in Canada; the list to elect the church's elders from 1959; a program from the church choir's production of Handel's Messiah in 1960; a program from the Girl Guide – Brownie Sunday service in 1961; a catalogue of art painted by Allan and Donnah Cameron for an exhibit held in 1964; a program and an advertisement for an organ recital from 1968; there is also a 1968 retelling of a performance by the Ladies of St. Andrews Church from 1889; and a copy of Talk 405 given by Gerald Boyce on Anniversary Sunday 2006
  • File of newspaper clippings

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Belleville)

Stone Church

The file contains copies of the Programme for the "Unveiling and Dedication of Historical Plaque at Stone Church, Fourth of Sidney, Sunday, October 23, 1977", along with handwritten notes of the address given by the then President of the Hastings County Historical Society, Mrs. Patricia Bennett.

World Day of Prayer Meeting Minutes

The file contains the minute book containing the minutes of the meetings of the executives that arrange for the program on the "International Day of Prayer". The book was started in 1926 by the Women's Missionary Society in Belleville, Ontario and records the minutes through to 1984.

Sons of Jacob Synagogue and Belleville Centennial collections

  • CA ON00156 2019-110
  • Collection
  • 1956-2012

Collection includes:
1) Digital copy of Dedication Book to commemorate the opening of the Sons of Jacob Synagogue in Belleville, Ontario, 1956; Constitution and by-laws of the Sons of Jacob Congregation, c.1989; Nudnik newsletters from the Sons of Jacob congregation in Belleville, 2005-2012; flyers and programs for events, 2005-2010
2) materials relating to the 1978 Centennial celebrations in Belleville, Ontario and subsequent events: headed paper; map of locations for 1 July 1978 event; Quinte International Presentation Ball invitation, 1979; Quinte Ethnic Festival passport, 1982

Bochnek, Selma

Scrapbook - Unknown Owner

The file contains numerous photocopies of new of newspaper clippings taken from a scrapbook circa 1880. Some of the information contained in the file: Obituary for Hammiette Lyon wife of Dr. J.R. Jaques; Program for Art Exhibition of Woman's Christian Association held June 1884; Newspaper clipping dated September 26, 1884 titled "The New Hospital and Home" Belleville; Obituary for Rev. S.D. Rice; Newspaper clipping dated July 30, 1885 titled "Home Again. Belleville's Welcome to the Heroes of Batoche; Newspaper clipping dated January 7, 1886 (with picture) titled "Destroyed by Fire. Bridge Street Methodist Church Consumed"; Programme for Dedication of the Sunday School Rooms of Bridge Street Methodist Church, Sunday, December 12, 1886; Programme of the Opening Services of the new Bridge Street Methodist Church May 1887; Wedding announcement Ella (Nellie) Bancroft Jonesto Mr. W.H. Holden; newspaper clipping about the "Strickland" family (May 1887); obituary Rev. Dr. Nelles (Samuel Sobieski Nelles); Programme for Grand Farewell Concert and Presentation "Organ Committee Bridge St. Methodist Church"; wedding announcement Florence Howard to Lewis Wallbridge; obituary Mrs. Billa Flint (Phoebe Sawyer Clement); obituary Mr. George C. Holton, Mrs. Geo. Meudell, Catherine Elizabeth Staring, Frederic Rous.

Choristers of Christ Church Belleville

This file contains a photocopy of 2 articles pertaining to the Choristers of Christ Church in Belleville, Ontario regarding the Canadian premiere of "The Children of the Chapel" a two act opera composed by Sir Sidney Nicholson. Coral group directed by George N. Maybee with dramatic direction by D.C. MacKenzie Hume.

Plan of Glebe Property in the Town of Belleville

A certified reproduction of the "Plan of Glebe Property, north of Bleakers Grove in town of Belleville, Owned by (Rev.) John Grier, part of Lot # 4 in the 1st Concession of Thurlow." Surveyed by John J. Haslett, P.L.S. in 1851.

This copy was made in 1972 of plan #11, as registered in the Hastings Land Registry Office.

Donated by Walter I. Watson, O.L.S.

Haslett, John James, P.L.S. & D.P.S.

Papers relating to John Street United Church

  • CA ON00156 2018-047
  • File
  • 1937

George Wishart's file of minutes and correspondence relating to the winding up of the congregation of the John Street United Church in Belleville after it was destroyed by fire on 31 October 1936.

John Street United Church

Results 1 to 20 of 149