269 Archival description results for Religions
269 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ON00156 TR/1746
File contains newspaper clippings about Robert Glendon Brant becoming an ordained priest of the Anglican Church at the Christ Church on the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory at Deseronto in 1960.
- CA ON00156 TR/3347-2
The file contains programs, newspaper clippings and memorabilia for the "World Day of Prayer", Belleville from 1926 to 1984.
- CA ON00156 TR/3347-1
The file contains the minute book containing the minutes of the meetings of the executives that arrange for the program on the "International Day of Prayer". The book was started in 1926 by the Women's Missionary Society in Belleville, Ontario and records the minutes through to 1984.
- CA ON00156 TR/3839
The file contains a newspaper article from the Intelligencer dated October 18, 2004 about the 150th anniversary of Emmanuel United Church in Foxboro, Ontario.
- CA ON00156 TR/1305-2
File contains a transcription of the Old Frankford Cemetery (Wesleyan Methodist Church).
- CA ON00156 DA 2012.09
Collection includes published annual reports of Deseronto Methodist Church for 1902, 1912, 1923 and 1924; souvenir booklet of the Methodist Church, 1911-1912; typewritten history of the Deseronto United Church from the 1860s up to 1976 (apparently extracted from minutes of the Board); newspaper clippings relating to church members and ministers, 1960s; a few photographs of church members, 1960s; printed orders of service 1970s-1980. Also includes a blank contract agreement between public school trustees and a teacher from the 1890s.
- CA ON00156 TR/3320
- June 16, 1890
Photocopy of a letter (in what appears to be a church bulletin) written by R.S. Forneri, B.D., Rector on behalf of the building committee extending an invitation to the opening Celebration of St. Alban's U.E. Loyalist Memorial Church.
- CA ON00156 TR/1180
File contains newspaper clippings about the construction of the new addition to St. Joseph's Separate School.
- CA ON00156 2019-110
1) Digital copy of Dedication Book to commemorate the opening of the Sons of Jacob Synagogue in Belleville, Ontario, 1956; Constitution and by-laws of the Sons of Jacob Congregation, c.1989; Nudnik newsletters from the Sons of Jacob congregation in Belleville, 2005-2012; flyers and programs for events, 2005-2010
2) materials relating to the 1978 Centennial celebrations in Belleville, Ontario and subsequent events: headed paper; map of locations for 1 July 1978 event; Quinte International Presentation Ball invitation, 1979; Quinte Ethnic Festival passport, 1982
- CA ON00156 TR/3300
File contains an original booklet titled "The Story of The Hay Bay Church 1792-1964" written by The Rev. Arthur G. Reynolds and an order of service for the Annual Pilgrimage and Service Hay Bay United Church dated August 29, 1965.
- CA ON00156 TR/3290
- circa 1880
The file contains numerous photocopies of new of newspaper clippings taken from a scrapbook circa 1880. Some of the information contained in the file: Obituary for Hammiette Lyon wife of Dr. J.R. Jaques; Program for Art Exhibition of Woman's Christian Association held June 1884; Newspaper clipping dated September 26, 1884 titled "The New Hospital and Home" Belleville; Obituary for Rev. S.D. Rice; Newspaper clipping dated July 30, 1885 titled "Home Again. Belleville's Welcome to the Heroes of Batoche; Newspaper clipping dated January 7, 1886 (with picture) titled "Destroyed by Fire. Bridge Street Methodist Church Consumed"; Programme for Dedication of the Sunday School Rooms of Bridge Street Methodist Church, Sunday, December 12, 1886; Programme of the Opening Services of the new Bridge Street Methodist Church May 1887; Wedding announcement Ella (Nellie) Bancroft Jonesto Mr. W.H. Holden; newspaper clipping about the "Strickland" family (May 1887); obituary Rev. Dr. Nelles (Samuel Sobieski Nelles); Programme for Grand Farewell Concert and Presentation "Organ Committee Bridge St. Methodist Church"; wedding announcement Florence Howard to Lewis Wallbridge; obituary Mrs. Billa Flint (Phoebe Sawyer Clement); obituary Mr. George C. Holton, Mrs. Geo. Meudell, Catherine Elizabeth Staring, Frederic Rous.
- CA ON00156 TR/3278
This file contains two original copies of the "Life and Labours of Rev. Anselm Schuster" published 1886 Belleville, Ontario. One of the publications was owned by Henry Hall of Belleville (1889)
- CA ON00156 TR/3277
This file contains a photocopy of 2 articles pertaining to the Choristers of Christ Church in Belleville, Ontario regarding the Canadian premiere of "The Children of the Chapel" a two act opera composed by Sir Sidney Nicholson. Coral group directed by George N. Maybee with dramatic direction by D.C. MacKenzie Hume.
- CA ON00156 TR/3268
- c. 1953
This file contains a copy of notes from Ray Moran on the history of Frankford.