CA ON00156 2011-02
Register of marriage licences issued in Thurlow Township
- 1922-1946 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The first two concessions of Thurlow Township were surveyed in 1787 by Louis Kotte, by which time the land adjacent to the Bay of Quinte had already been partly settled by Loyalists. For municipal purposes it was joined with Sidney Township until 1798, when it held its own town meetings. Belleville became a separate town in 1836 and Thurlow's first township council met in 1850. In 1998 the two were reunited and Thurlow Ward became part of the enlarged City of Belleville.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by Lynne Shorey in April 2011.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Register of marriage licences issued between 21 March 1922 and 25 December 1926. There are two later entries, in pencil, for 10 February 1942 and 8 March 1946. In total there are 34 entries in this register.