- 1953-2020 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
3m of textual and photographic materials
Name of creator
The Belleville Recreation Committee was established in 1949 with oversight of two playgrounds. By 1953 the committee had charge of eleven playgrounds and a number of recreation programs. It became Recreation and Arena Committee in 1966, and later the Parks and Recreation Department and then the Recreation, Culture and Community Services Department.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Materials transferred from the Recreation, Culture and Community Services department between 2011 and 2020.