CA ON00156 2020-048
- 1868-1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2m of textual and photographic records
Name of creator
The Ontario Business College was established as the Ontario Commercial College in Belleville, Ontario, in 1868 by Samuel G. Beatty and George Wallbridge. In 1871 Beatty purchased Wallbridge's share of the business and was joined by William Byron Robinson (1846-1921) and John Wesley Johnson. Beatty retired in 1879. The College was in operation in various locations in Belleville until it went into receivership in 1999.
Items found in the former Ontario Business College building at 54 Victoria Avenue in Belleville in 2011.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by Garry Pennock on behalf of Steve Baldwin in July 2020.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Textbooks, exercise books, student registers, photographs and press clippings relating to the Ontario Business College and its courses.