Prince Edward, County of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Prince Edward, County of

Associated terms

Prince Edward, County of

158 Archival description results for Prince Edward, County of

88 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

The Gladys Rollins Collection

This file contains: 1) A photocopied typed article titled "Telegraph Island Light", about the lighthouse erected 1870 in the Bay of Quinte; 2) A timetable for the steamer Varuna, circa 1920, Captain A. Hicks; 3) A photocopy of the obituary for Rev. James Rollins born 28 October 1865 in Madoc and died 7 February 1943 in Kingston.

Picton - papers

File contains:

  • Original Custom House permit dated 27 May 1876, for F.H. Green to pass to Mill Point from Deseronto Customs House Papers
  • Original Deed for Burial Plot, The Glenwood Cemetery (Town of Picton) sold to Elisha Sells 14 May 1879
  • Two original copies of newspaper clipping dated 19 July 1962 from the Ontario Intelligencer referencing Hundred Year-Old Cabin, moved from Cloyne area to Picton

Weller Family

The file contains a letter dated 9 May 1924 from Harwood Weller Quipp looking for information about the Weller Family of Carrying Place. Also, two newspaper articles; one on the death of Lottie Weller (nee Bingley) and one dated 14 April on the 105th Birthday of Mrs. Laura Weller (nee Roberts). Both women descending from local pioneer families.

Hydrographic Map of Bay of Quinte, Picton to Presqu'ile Bay

A hydrographic map of the area surrounding the Bay of Quinte, Picton to Presqu'ile Bay in Ontario, Canada. With maps of Trenton Approaches, [racist slur redacted] Narrows, Belleville Harbour & Telegraph Narrows inset. Surveys completed in in 1952-53 and 1957. Map printed June 15, 1962. Published by the Canadian Hydrographic Service, Marine Sciences Branch, Department of Mines and Technical Surveys, Ottawa. Sheet number 2069.

Canadian Hydrographic Service

Materials relating to the Kente Portage Heritage Conservation Society

  • CA ON00156 2020-068
  • File
  • 1998-2020

File containing:

  1. 9 photographs of the construction of the restored Block House at Fort Kente in Carrying Place, 1998
  2. Photocopy of article by Paul Germain in Historic Kingston journal 'Rediscovering Kente', 1999
  3. Letter from Jane Beecroft to Paul Germain concerning a Trillium Foundation application relating to Fort Kente, 21 May 1999
  4. Article by Kente Portage Heritage Conservation Society on 320 year old documents, 1999
  5. Article by Mary-Lynne Morgan on the history of the Kente portage, 2020

Morgan, Mary-Lynne

Topographical maps of Wellington

  • CA ON00156 M/M470-1559 - 1573, 1576 - 1579, and 1585 - 1621/1620 and 1621
  • Item
  • 1951
  • Part of Map collection

A topographical map of Wellington - Canada sheet #30 N/14, both east and west half sheets. Published by the Army Survey Establishment, Department of National Defence in 1951. Scale 1:50,000.

Canada. Department of National Defence

Topographical map of Duck Island

  • CA ON00156 M/M470-1559 - 1573, 1576 - 1579, and 1585 - 1621/1593
  • Item
  • 1932
  • Part of Map collection

A topographical map of Duck Island- Canada sheet #30 N/15. Published by the Army Survey Establishment, Department of National Defence in 1932. Scale one inch to one mile - 1/63, 360.

Donated by Gerry Boyce.

Canada. Department of National Defence

Discovery Tour of Loyalist Country (pamphlet)

A pamphlet describing a 250km tour of historical attractions within Hastings, Prince Edward, Lennox and Addington counties. The history of each destination (e.g. the Macpherson House) is given, as well as its location on a map.

Ontario Heritage Foundation

Results 1 to 20 of 158