Nota(s) de âmbito
Nota(s) da fonte
61 Descrição arquivística results for Politics
61 resultados diretamente relacionados Excluir termos específicos
- CA ON00156 HCHS TR/0633-16
File contains a petition by William Martin Jr. requesting the use of the marketplace for a public dinner.
- CA ON00156 HCHS TR/0655
File contains c.1964 newspaper clip on the rivalry between Ontario and Quebec, an advertisement for Canada Day, c.1963 clip on multi-media campaigning in political campaigns.
- CA ON00156 TR/1249
File contains a newspaper article about an election in 1842, the “Most Violent Election in the City”.
- CA ON00156 TR/1249-2
File contains newspaper clippings about the 1965 election, newspaper clipping about possibly the first Canadian to vote under the age of 21, and a program from the Nomination Convention of South Hastings Liberal Association.
- CA ON00156 TR/2463-2
File contains a two-page manuscript biography of Sir Gilbert Parker with a list of the books which he authored, 1888-1910.
- CA ON00156 TR/3855
- c. 1970
The file contains newspaper clippings from the 70's primarily from The Intelligencer. Titles such as: Dr. Horne Ends Practice for Guelph Hospital Post; Carrying Place Church Marking 150th Birthday; 15 Years Ago - The World Championship; Ontario to Test Nursery Here; Potter Says Bridge To Be at Old Site; Anniversary Couple Mirrors City Growth (Jim and Alice Cordes); Ladies of the Locks Work Well; Till Real Thing Comes Along; Medical Pioneer Dr. Sam Is Dead (Dr. G.S. Cronk)
- CA ON00156 TR/2611
File contains printed copy of "House of Commons Debates" fourth session - tenth Parliament, speech of Mr. W.B. Northrup, M.P. on G.T.R. -- Belleville & North Hastings Railway; Ottawa, Monday, February 10, 1908.
- CA ON00156 TR/2677
File contains a newspaper article from the Toronto Daily Star, dated 24-February-1965 about the 90th Birthday of Senator Arthur Wentworth Roebuck, born in Hamilton, and at the time of the article the oldest active member in the Senate.
- CA ON00156 2013-20
1) Transcription by Lois Foster of an interview from the Daily Intelligencer of 21 November 1903 with Arthur McGinnis, Moira Lodge historian, on 'The Fraternal Societies of Belleville', focusing on the Freemasons
2) Biographical information compiled by the Historical Committee [of Hastings County Historical Society?] in 1982, and introduction to Betsy Boyce's book 'The Accidental Prime Minister', 2000
3) Newspaper clippings relating to Mackenzie Bowell, 1982-2005
4) Correspondence, research materials and speech by Gerry Boyce in relation to the Ontario Heritage Foundation plaque on Mackenzie Bowell's former home at 194 William Street, Belleville, 1982-1984
5) Print of a drawing of Glanmore and the fountain in front of the house by Phillipa Faulkner, 1984
6) Poster 'Beautiful City, Belleville, Ontario' by Terri L. Horricks for the Canadian Mental Health Association, 2006
- CA ON00156 HCHS TR/0762
File contains a 1967 Intelligencer article on Sir Mackenzie Bowell and an anecdote about Mackenzie Bowell as remembered by Mr. M. Pope in 1958. There are also newspaper clippings about life in Belleville during the 1890s.
- CA ON00156 HCHS TR/0633-8
File contains petitions for liquor licenses, including: Thomas Royal for liquor license at reduced cost, C.L. Coleman and 47 others for a saloon license for James Nixon, John Court petition for an inn license, D.S. Vandervoort and 8 others on working on the Sabbath, Thomas Redner petition and Daniel Crysdale petition for tavern license.
- CA ON00156 HCHS TR/0633-12
File contains tax petitions, including: petition by Hugh McGinnis, petition by James Cardwell, petition by Sobiski Smith, petition by John Kerr, and a petition by John Hanigan.