CA ON00156 M/M430-2448
- c. 1870 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 paper sheet (43 x 28.5cm)
Name of creator
John D. Evans was born in Goderich, Ontario, and educated at the Upper Canada College in Toronto. He trained as a land surveyor and moved to Belleville, Ontario, in 1867. He worked as a surveyor and architect, being responsible for a number of buildings in Belleville including what is now City Hall (built 1871-1873). He worked as the Chief Engineer of the Central Ontario Railway from 1881, retiring in 1925. Evans died in Toronto in 1930.
His son, John Walter Evans was a prominent engineer and surveyor in the City of Belleville.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Donated by the Belleville Public Library. Accession #2014-64.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
A photocopy of a Plan of the Village of Tweed, Lots # 11 & 12, Concession X, Hungerford Township. Surveyed by John D. Evans, P.L.S., circa 1870. Scale 3 chains to an inch. Written on the back is "16 x 16 original at Tweed Museum."
Donated by the Belleville Public Library in 2014.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Scanned and available online at https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabhc/48495580351/
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata