Ontario

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Equivalent terms

Ontario

Associated terms

Ontario

5403 Archival description results for Ontario

397 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Paul Lamp Collection

File contains two newspaper articles from The Intelligencer, 8 June 1966 announcing the Hastings Historical Society's acquisition and exhibition of Dr. A Paul's 350-piece collection of lighting devices at the Hastings County Museum.

Paul Lamp Collection : Centennial project

File contains a typescript copy of a letter dated 10 January 1967 from Mrs. G. D. Williamson, Publicity Convener, Hastings County Museum to The Editor, Centennial Ontario, describing the acquisition of the Paul Lamp Collection and its exhibition under the title “10,000 Years of Light,” as part of the City of Belleville's and the Hastings County Museum's Centennial year project.

Penal Systems : essay on proposed relocation of Kingston penitentiary to the Marmora Iron Works, 1837

File contains a photocopied, typescript essay entitled “ The Report of the Commissioners on the removal of the Penitentiary from Kingston to the Marmora Iron Works...” by Nancy M. Dushaw, Carleton University, 1972. The undergraduate essay examines a government proposal to relocate the prison to Marmora and the reasons for the rejection of the plan.

Picton - papers

File contains:

  • Original Custom House permit dated 27-May-1876, for F.H. Green to pass to Mill Point from Deseronto Customs House Papers.
  • Original Deed for Burial Plot, The Glenwood Cemetery (Town of Picton) sold to Elisha Sells 14-May-1879
  • Two original copies of newspaper clipping dated 19-July-1962 from the Ontario Intelligencer referencing Hundred Year-Old Cabin, moved from Cloyne area to Picton.

Pitceathly papers and deeds

File contains manuscript quit claims and deeds concerning the following properties:
i) part of lot number nine, eighth concession, Township of Marmora, purchased by James Madison Tuttle and Laura Maria Tuttle from Richard O. Rothwell, 30 May 1877;
ii)-west half of lot number sixteen in the fifth concession of the Township of Madoc purchased by George Dean Dickson and Marian Ellen Wilson Dickson from Thomas Comerford, 2 December 1882;
iii)-five acres on lot fifteen, fifth concession in the Township of Madoc, purchased by Thomas Comerford from David Pitceathly, Thomas Kelso et al, 11 June 1884;

Plainfield : developmentally challenged children

File contains a printed booklet entitled “Progress Report : Ontario Homes for Mentally Retarded Infants, Plainfield, May 1951-December 1965. Also present is an article from The Intelligencer, 23 March 1970 profiling Leonora Velleman, retiring superintendent of nurses at the Ontario Homes for Mentally Retarded Children at Plainfield.

Plainfield : miscellany

File contains a newspaper clipping from the Ontario Intelligencer, 14 April 1959 concerning the election of officers of the Plainfield Women's Institute. Also includes an obituary of Harry McCreary, Plainfield, telephone pioneer and former owner-operator of the McCreary Telephone Company who created early rural telephone lines in Thurlow and Sidney Townships. Also present is a duplicate copy of a printed booklet entitled “Progress Report : Ontario Homes for Mentally Retarded Infants, Plainfield, May 1951-December 1965. “

Plevna : social news

File contains several newspaper clippings regarding visits and social events in Plevna in January-February, 1968. Also present is a clipping from The Tweed News, 10 July 1968 concerning the history of the Plevna United Church from its founding in 1886 as a Methodist Church.

Results 4221 to 4240 of 5403