Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
There was a coal dock at the end of Front Street in Belleville, Ontario, from 1850, when it was owned by the Rathbun Lumber and Coal Company. In 1905 the company moved to Deseronto and the coal portion was purchased by William E. Schuster and Walter Belair. Belair bought out his partner in 1930 and sold the firm to Canadian Fuels Ltd. in 1934. In 1954 the Schuster Company purchased Moira Fuels Ltd. from A. McLean Haig and the company was named Moira-Schuster Ltd. They stopped selling coal in 1969 and the coal dock on Front Street was sold in 1973. A ten-storey apartment block was built on the site.