- 1963 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
On April 1, 1937, the Department of Northern Development was created and merged with the Department of Highways of Ontario.
In 1971, the Department of Highways assumed the responsibility for Communications, which prompted it to be renamed as the Ministry of Transportation and Communications in 1972.
It later became the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario in 1987.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Southern Hastings County in 1963. Map features boundaries, roads and railways. Scale: 1:63,360. Published by the Department of Highways, Ontario. Made by Hunting Survey Corp. Ltd. Dimensions 107.5cm x 92.5cm.
A unique "one-inch" map because all one-inch series maps were converted to 1:50,000 after 1950. However, this map was converted to 1:63,360.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of » Hungerford, Township of
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of » Huntingdon, Township of
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of » Tyendinaga, Township of
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of » Thurlow, Township of
- Canada » Ontario » Hastings, County of » Sidney, Township of