Madoc, Township of

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Madoc, Township of

Madoc, Township of

Equivalent terms

Madoc, Township of

Associated terms

Madoc, Township of

131 Archival description results for Madoc, Township of

131 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Hastings with Town of Belleville and principal villages

A map of Hastings County including the Town of Belleville and other principal villages:

Trenton, Madoc, Marmora, Tweed, Bridgewater, Stirling, Wicklow, Bangor, Herschel, Monteagle, Carl, Dungannon, Wollaston, Limerick, Cashel, Tudor, Grimsthorpe, Elzevir; Rawdon, Huntingdon, Hungerford, Sidney, Thurlow, Tyendinaga.

Scale: 3 miles =1 inch. Published by John P. Evans, P.L.S. in 1869.

Evans, John Dunlop, P.L.S.

Hydro-Electric Power Commission of Ontario, Tweed-Section

  • CA ON00156 M/M430-2995 - 2996, 3018 - 3021, 3031/3018
  • Item
  • 16 Oct 1951
  • Part of Map collection

An original map produced for the Hydro-Electric Power Commission of Ontario, concerning hydro power lines, stations and transformers. However, the map also features railways, roads and land boundaries.

This map is the West Centre Section - Tweed ROA. The total area includes parts of Rawdon, Marmora, Huntingdon, Madoc, Hungerford, and Elzevir Townships. Dated October 16, 1951. Scale: 1.2 inches = 1 m.

Donated by David Pershik.

Lloyd's Map of Hastings County

A map of Hastings County outlining the twelve townships:
Marmora and Lake, Madoc, Tudor, Grimsthorpe, Elzevir; Rawdon, Huntingdon, Hungerford, Sidney, Thurlow, Tyendinaga. The northern townships are pictured on the right side.
As well as, the lots and concessions. Circa 1922. Scale: 1.5 miles: 1 inch. Published by Lloyd's Maps, Map Publisher.

Lloyd's Map, Map Publisher

Madoc : history and churches

File contains a newspaper clipping and photocopied manuscript history of Madoc Township from early French exploration in 1615 to ca. 1965, including a discussion of the creation of roads, schools and local churches. The historical research was composed by Mrs. Ken Bateman for Gerry Boyce as background for Historic Hastings.

Madoc : O'Hara's pioneer home

File contains printed announcements and booklets concerning the opening of O'Hara's Mill Conservation Area in July 1957, the restoration of the property and the official opening of the pioneer house in July 1969. Also contains several newspaper clippings regarding the restoration of the pioneer home.

Results 41 to 60 of 131