- CA ON00156 DA 2020.10
Sheet music written by Archibald Duncan Macintyre of Deseronto.
Macintyre, Archibald Duncan
7 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Sheet music written by Archibald Duncan Macintyre of Deseronto.
Macintyre, Archibald Duncan
Newspaper clippings, reproduction photographs, popcorn container and partial movie programs relating to Naylor's Theatre in Deseronto and its possible restoration.
Deseronto Arts and Culture Society
The First World War photograph album contains about 164 black and white or sepia photographs, 1 cartoon entitled "The same old moon", 1 coloured pencil sketch of a nurse. The album is Kodak's "Gallia" model (32.5x26x2cm) in plain black, textured leatherette. The photographs vary greatly in size from 21 x 14.5 cm to 8.5 X5.9 cm. About 40 of the photographs are signed either "E.R. Owen" or "E.R.O.". The first photograph is marked in pencil, "Donor G.B.Waters". Many of the photographs depict the Duchess of Connaught Canadian Red Cross Hospital in Cliveden, England. Many images depict the hospital at the time of a visit by King George V and Queen Mary, a visit by Sir Robert Borden, and a visit by Winston Churchill. There are images of the hospital wards both indoors and out, the cafeteria, the linen supply, and many patients (a lot of the patients seem to be wearing special issue hospital shoes) and nurses. Subjects include: nurses of the Canadian Army Medical Corps; funerals; women ambulance drivers; trenches, military hospitals.
The second album dates from 1916 to 1921. Identified locations include: Athabaska Hall; Banff (Alberta); Red Deer; Lake St. Helena; Edmonton; Sylvan Lake; Mount Royal; Montreal (from M.G.H.); Fort William [Thunder Bay]; Lake of the Woods; Moose Jaw; Markerville; Innisfail; New York. There are several photographs of farm scenes and some of medical personnel in white coats, holding human bones.
The third album includes photographs taken at a graduation at McGill University in Montreal; scenes of Niagara Falls; photographs of cars; two photographs of hospital rooms.
This collection also includes an annual report for Kingston General Hospital, 1906; a brochure for Queen's University Hospital in Cairo, c.1915; five panoramic postcards of Le Tréport, France, c.1915; a letter from 'Elsa' of Dickson, Alberta to Ivy, Clifford and Lloyd, discussing her new job as head of a teacher training department in Ethiopia, dated 5 August 1946, and two sheets of song lyrics for the following songs:
Cupid is the Captain of the Army
I've Said My Last Farewell
Those Songs My Mother Used to Sing
The Bull-Frog and the Coon
The Good Old U.S.A.
So Long Mary
The Tale of a Stroll
I Would Like to Marry You
As We Swing, Sweetheart
Dear Old Johnstown
When I Rode on the Choo Choo Cars
I Fell in Love With Polly
Hey! Mister Joshua
Hiram Green, Good-Bye
It Makes Me Think of Home, Sweet, Home
Waters, Grace Brown
Page with four watercolour paintings of homes, entitled "Grey Ladies - West Hill I Belleville". The four homes are 23 Charlotte Street, 8 Holloway Street, 114 Bridge Street West, 14-20 Murney Street, Belleville, Ontario.
Rector, Anne Elspeth
Three prints of pen-and-ink drawings of:
1) Roman Catholic Church, Ormsby, 1973
2) Unidentified brick church, 1973
3) Corby Public Library, Belleville, 1976
Photographs of paintings, newspaper clippings, correspondence and research notes relating to the book 'Manly Edward MacDonald (1889-1971): Interpreter of Old Ontario' (2010) by Charles Beale, with two copies of the book.
Detailed listing provided by Charles Beale:
Box # 1: Photos of Manly MacDonald Paintings taken by Clark Cunningham and Hollis Arnold, 1910 onward. * From Binder # 1 (Some images are missing)
File 001 - 048
File 049 - 084
File 100 - 196
File 197 - 276
File 277 - 356
File 357 - 424
Binder # 2/As Per Binder # 1/ - Paintings, Sketches, Photos, Catalogues
File 429 - 500
File 501 - 556
File 557 - 618
File 621 - 700
File 198 - 341 Enlarged Photos
Binder # 3/As Per Binders # 1 & 2 - Family Photos
File 701 - 748
File 749 - 800
File Enlarged Photos with Assorted Numbering
File Photo Shoot Folder, Revue Design, Belleville Ontario, 2009
Box # 2: Newspaper Clippings, Magazines Re: Manly MacDonald
File A - General Information
File B - 1910s
File C - 1920s
File D - 1930s
File E - 1940s
File F - 1950s
File G - 1960s
File H - 1970s
File I - 1980s
File J - 1990s
File K - 2000s
File L - Undated 1900 forward
Box # 3: Correspondence
To and From Hollis Arnold
To and From Charles Beale
Charles Beale To and From Duncan & Barbara MacDonald
General Correspondence To and From Interested Parties Concerning Manly MacDonald and the Book - Interpreter of Old Ontario: (alphabetical by last name)
File A - D
File E - J
File K - M
File N - Q
File R - T
File U - Z
Box # 4: Hollis Arnold ‘Mock-Up’ to the Launch of Manly E. MacDonald - Interpreter of Old Ontario
Hollis Arnold ‘Mock-Up’
a) Transfer of Material from Rosemary Brander, Daughter of Hollis Arnold to Charles Beale, January 2007
b) License from the Manly MacDonald Family to Charles Beale, May, 2007
c) Notes To and From Brant Cowie, President of Revue Design, Belleville, Ontario (Producers of Interpreter of Old Ontario)
d) Friesen Canada Contract to Publish Interpreter of Old Ontario, 2010
Official Launch of Manly E. MacDonald - Interpreter of Old Ontario, September, 2010 + Speech by Charles Beale
Sampling of Appraisals of Manly MacDonald Paintings by Charles Beale (alphabetical by last name)
Reference Book: Manly Edward MacDonald (1889 - 1971) - Interpreter of Old Ontario, copyright, 2010, Library & Archives Canada ISBN 978 - 0 - 9865068 - 0 - 2
1) 'The Gleaming Edge' is a printed book of Charles Andrew Tupper's poems bound in birch bark and signed by the author in 1970.
2) 'The Royal Variable' is a typescript theory of metre and meaning by Tupper, bound with a copy of a letter by Robert W. Macaulay, Ontario Minister of Energy Resources, dated 8 Nov 1960.
Tupper, Charles Andrew
Calendars of meetings for the Quinte Morning Music Club, listing members and the dates and locations of meetings. Includes some notes on musicians featured in meetings and an article by Mary-Lynne Morgan on the closure of the club, which was published in the Umbrella publication of the Quinte Arts Council in 2019. Also includes newspaper clippings with obituaries of some of the club members.
Quinte Morning Music Club
Two certificates for Joseph Canniff:
1) Elementary certificated in musical memory in time, in tune and in sight singing, 1885
2) Intermediate certificate in reading music, writing it from ear, and of eligibility for an advanced choir, 1886
Tonic Sol-Fa College
"Songs and Marches of 'Auld Scotia' as rendered by the Kilties Band with photos of Kilties soloists and dancers"
Collection comprises the following albums:
1) S. Alec Gordon in an organ recital of his own compositions, c.1967 [3 copies, one with typescript notes by S. Alec Gordon]
Side A: 1. Haliburton Holiday Sketches: A) Sunrise; B) Chipmunks; C) White Water Lilies (vocal); D) Moonlight on the Lake; E) Little Log Cabin (vocal)
Side B: 1. Haliburton Holiday Sketches: F) Stormy Day; G) Evening; 2. Divertissement on 'All Hallows'; 3. Canadianette (Humoresque)
2) Centennial Secondary School Concert Band, 1971 (Director of Music, Monty Emmerson) [2 copies]
Side A: 1. Selections from 'Hair'; 2. Selections from Bizet's 'Carmen'; 3. Five Mellow Winds
Side B: 1. Selections from 'Mr. Lucky'; 2. March of the Bowmen; 3. Selections from 'Oklahoma'; 4. Theme and Rock-out
Band members: Elizabeth McLaughlin; Nancy Tilley; Mary Rowbotham; Kathy Browne; Debbie Twiddy; Pam Flindall; Kathy Moran; Sue Kitcher; Lynda Walker; Ruth Lee; Ann Coombs; Pat Bush; Nancy Keller; Meribeth Rowe; Steve Empey; Anne Burnhan; Linda Vardy; Connie Vardy; Mary Bailey; Pam Warr; Sue Rutledge; Karen McComb; Christie Chase; Evelyn Caswell; Megan McLaughlin; John Wills; Rodger Mountford; John Chambers; Brian Elliott; Nancy Koch; Ross Kemp; Dennis Gunter; Mark Piwowarski; Lloyd Eyre; Terry Richardson; Danny Jones; Dave Lewars; Ken Bertrand; Dan Hoxford; John Bunner; Dan Fell; Tim Shoniker; Robert Smith; Elaine Williams; Chris Lazenby; Blane McOrquodale; John Williams; Jerry Fontyn; Gary Fleming; Glen Mayer; Barry Linn; Paul Jones; Steve Gallinger; Fred Means; John Charles; Haig Chalmers; Pete Stewart; Jim Cole; Ray Marshall; John Dorrington; Tom Kuglin; Glenys Batton; Dave Pascoe; Rick Farrell; Bruce Burnham
3) Al Purdy's Ontario, 1971, written and read by Al Purdy
4) Tom Mason, Belleville Centennial Project, 1978
Side A: 1. Up a Lazy River; 2. Five Foot Two; 3. Getting Sentimental Over You; 4. Albert's Tune; 5. Roses in Picardy; 6. Some of These Days; 7. Heart of My Heart; 8. You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby; 9. Sweet Georgia Brown; 10. Melancholy Baby
Side B: 1. Bye Bye Blues; 2. After You've Gone; 3. Hard Hearted Hanna; 4. Whispering; 5. If I Had My Way; 6. Whose Sorry Now; 7. Ida; 8. It's a Sin to Tell a Lie; 9. Side By Side
5) Mohawk Singers at Her Majesty's Mohawk Chapel, Tyendinaga Reserve, 1984 [with insert of transcriptions of hymns in old and new Mohawk writing, and English and French translations]
Side A: Church Bell; Wa Ont Shea Non Nih; Ye Sus Sken Nen En De Wa Kon; Ne Ya Go Ya Ne Re; Ka Na Ta No Ron; Shi Ha Di Nonh; Ji N'yon Re En We Ne Ha Ke; Jad Kah Thoh Ji Ni Shon Gwa Wi; Ron Wa Nen Tons Ne Ni Yoh; Wa Ka Ton Ha He Re Sa Ia Ner
Side B: Ne Ra Ya Ta No Ron Go Wah; Se Wea Ni Yo Ta Gwa Tonh Dats; Te Gon Nonh We Ra Tonhs; O Ni Yoh Gwa Nen Tonhs; Ye Sus Ro Dens Hen Nyon; Ka Ren Na; Satke Aietenese:ke; O Sa Ya Ner Ta Gwa Thon Dek
Choir members: Lena Elliott, Bernice Maracle (soloist), Donald Maracle (choir master), Muriel Hill, Beatrice Brant, Charles E. Maracle, Jacqueline Brant, Francis Eva Maracle, Albert L. Maracle, Kathryne Fuller, Renford Brant, Shirley A. Maracle, Lorraine Maracle, Michael Brant, Catherine Hill, Violet Clench, Andrew Maracle, sr. (soloist), Mary Maracle, Lorne Maracle, Lillian Maracle, Joyce Blaber
The collection consists of financial papers, genealogy books, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, postcards, business cards, music books, horoscope, poll book, address books, ledgers, notebooks, birthday cards, letters, photos/photo album, cartoons, highschool entrance exam, recipe book, stamp book, programs/brochures/concerts, dance cards, yearbooks, certificates, reciepts, invitations, membership cards and text book/teaching book.
The fonds consists of 1 b/w photograph, 9 notebooks, a projectionist manual, 4 film directories, a pamphlet on selected films, souvenir programme, an envelope, film schedules, banking records and minute notes.
B/W photograph of Jim and Connie Churchill at their wedding, 1935.
Small black notebook listing films at different schools 1945-47.
Black notebook, Treasurer of Foxboro and District Film Council 1948 and 1949 includes information on membership, mailing list, film rentals and receipts.
Black notebook 1950, Jan. 1 – Sept. 1, records memberships, film rentals and receipts.
Blue notebook, 1950-51, records memberships, film rentals, receipts and attendance.
Black notebook 1956-58 records film titles, number of showings and attendance at each.
Small black notebook, Mar. 5, 1945- Jan. 8, 1947, Wanda I. Sine Foxboro Public School, records meeting minutes, pages cut out, poor condition, pages falling out, back cover detached, other things tucked between pages, notices, letter, envelope.
Black notebook, Wanda I. Sine Secretary-Treasurer, 1947 records meeting minutes, receipts, secretaries report.
2 ring notebook, Jan. 14, 1948, report of the secretary of Foxboro and District Film Council for 1947, Treasurers report and meeting minutes from 1948, typed with handwritten notes at the end.
Green minute book, Dec. 1950.
Manual of Projectionist Training, no date.
Film Directory 1962-63.
Films 1963, catalogue of films.
2 loose pages, information on film strips.
Pamphlet on eight programs of selected films featuring stories from our history, no date.
Souvenir programme, NFB Jubilee 25, 1964.
Envelope to Mrs. C. Churchill from NFB.
2 film directories, 1963 and 1965, note from M.T Montgomery, Corrections to 1965 Directory
Pamphlet on history of Ontario Film Association Inc.
2 Annual Meeting and Fall Conference programmes
Envelope to Mrs. Churchill.
Film schedules from 1963 and 1965
2 notes from secretary-Treasurer
Zone B Special meeting Feb. 9, 1963
Minutes of annual meeting, Ontario Association of Film Councils Bulletin Sept. 1965
Minute notes from 1958-59, 61-62, 62-63, 63-64
Sidney circuit and Thurlow-Tyendinaga, list of teachers and schools
Map of Sidney Township
Notice from Mrs. R.B Hamilton
2 letters from Rev. W.A Smith
Banking records, receipts, invoices, statements and 2 bank books.
Zone A schedule 1965-1966
South Hastings Film Council
Photocopies of 1865 Edwin Whitefield sketches of Belleville, made from originals at Library and Archives Canada. Flyer from Foster, Barber and Brignall, dry goods store at the northwest corner of Bridge and Front Streets, Belleville, Ontario (listed at this location in the 1877 directory: https://archive.org/details/bellevilledirect1877hooguoft/page/32) [202 Front Street in 2019].
Two scrapbooks of photographs and newspaper clippings relating to the Melody Bells vocal group of Belleville, Ontario. Video cassette of the Quinte Arts Awards presentation of 1999, at which Dorothy Aitchison and Eugene Lang received awards.
Various items, including:
1) Receipt from McLaughlin Carriage Company addressed to Patrick T. Tighe, June 1st, 1912
2) Operating Rules, Welland Ship Canal Construction Railway, 1914
3) Rules of the Electric Power Company Limited, Belleville, Ontario, c. 1916
4) Notice of Disposition Claim for Exemption, under the Military Service Act, 1917 for Thomas Tighe of Read, Ontario
5) Returned Soldiers' Handbook, May 1918
6) Leave or Duty Ration Book, Thomas Tighe, November 1918
7) Western Scales of Prices Governing Wages in Rolling Mills, June 30, 1920
8) Western Scales of Prices Governing Wages in Rolling Mills, of Maurice Callaghan, June 30, 1921
9) Callaghan's Ice & Wood Tickets, not dated
10) The Navy League of Canada Dominion Council, Seamanship Pocket Manual, 1944
11) 13 colour photographs of a model of a proposed park behind Belleville City Hall, not dated [c. 1980]
12 and 13) Program and song sheet for Victory in Europe concert by the Trentones, May 12th and 13th 1995
14) Unemployment insurance stamps
15) 'The Cooks' Companion' recipe book published by the St. Andrews Club of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Belleville, 1932
16) Prize List for World's Fair, Shannonville, September 18th and 19th, 1942
17) Preliminary list of electors for Urban Polling Division No. 9 of Belleville, 1972
18) Agenda and papers of the School Closure Committee of the Hastings County Board of Education, 1992
Reports relating to the proposed conversion of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School into the Quinte Cultural Centre:
1) Conversion of Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School into a Community Cultural Centre, Phase I Report by Philip Goldsmith & Company Architects for Quinte Arts Council, 1995
2) Report on Survey of Quinte Arts Community's Housing Needs, October 1998 - February 1999 by Quinte Cultural Centre Needs Assessment Committee, 1999
3) Quinte Cultural Centre: A Proposal for Architectural Consulting Services by Philip Goldsmith & Company Ltd. (and others), 2001
4) Responses from cultural and arts groups in the Quinte region to a questionnaire distributed by Steve Hall on behalf of the Needs Assessment and Property Sub-Committee of BCIVS 2000, October 1998
5) Quinte Cultural Centre Needs Assessment Committee Report on Survey of Quinte Arts Community's Housing Needs, August 1999
Quinte Cultural Centre
Collection of sheet music:
1) 'Mighty Lak' a Rose' words by Frank L. Stanton, music by Ethelbert Nevin, 1901
2) 'Down By the Old Mill Stream' by Tell Taylor, 1910
3) 'I Love You Canada' by Morris Manley and Kenneth McInnis, 1915
4) 'Pretty Baby' words by Gus Kahn, music by Tony Jackson and Egbert Van Alstyne, 1916
5) 'When They Come Back (When Our Soldier Boys Come Back)' by Morris Manley (sold by the J. M. Greene Music Co. Ltd., Belleville, Ontario), 1916
6) 'Good-bye Broadway, Hello France' words by C. Francis Reisner and Benny Davis, music by Billy Baskette, c.1917
7) 'Where Do We Go From Here' by Howard Johnson and Percy Wenrich, 1917
8) 'I Ain't Got Weary Yet' by Howard Johnson and Percy Wenrich, 1918
9) 'I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover' words by Mort Dixon, music by Harry Woods, 1927
10) 'You Belong to My Heart (Solamente Una Vez)' by Augustine Lara (with English lyrics by Ray Gilbert), 1944
11) 'I Wish I Didn't Love You So' by Frank Loesser, 1947
Collection includes correspondence between Donna Fano and Claire Mowat about the circumstances in which Alice was donated to the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf. Includes a photograph of Farley and Claire Mowat. Also includes 51 digital images taken at an event in Belleville Public Library on 27 June 2013 at which a caricature of Mowat by Susan Moshynski was presented to the library by John Lowry.
Promotional postcard advertising the Tweed and Company Theatre group's production of 'Hastings The Musical', performed in Tweed, Ontario, between 28 June and 7 July 2017.
Tweed and Company Theatre