File contains original and photocopied manuscript histories of the settlement and early development of Bannockburn including the lumbering and sawmilling industries. Includes a printout of a webpage on Maitland House (available on the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine at https://web.archive.org/web/20010805101431/http://casa-de.vrx.net/buildings/) and an article from the Fall 2019 Country Roads magazine about the conversion of St. Bartholomew Anglican Church in Bannockburn into a private home.
Lower half of a memorial recording the sale of Lot 17 in Concession 1 of Hungerford Township from David Gardiner of to Thomas Goldsmith Gardiner, all of Whitby, for £50. The deed is instrument 1488 in Book L of the Hastings County Land Registry Office.
1972 copy of an 1837 plan of 'Diseronca' (now Deseronto, Ontario), surveyed by G.J. Clapp on August 26th, 1837. The plan is Plan 43 of the plans registered in the Hastings County Registry. This copy is held by the Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County (Map #143 - reference M430-1763).
The north-south streets shown on the right side of the map are, from right to left, First Street, Second Street, Third Street and Fourth Street. Near the end of Fourth Street a wharf is marked on the map. This is Culbertson's Wharf.
The file contains a deed, dated 31-October-1918, for the property on the south side of Lot 26, west side of William Street, Belleville, ON. Owned by Mrs. Mary Matilda Lazier nee McMullen to Mrs. Jane Thomas.
File contains originals of Registry Office, County of Hastings, Belleville, dated April 3rd, 1891 “an abstract of all instruments which appear to have been registered in this office upon part of lots twelve and thirteen on the east side of John Street on plan of Ross’ Block laid out on part of lot 5 Con 1 Thurlow” from 1869 through to 1909 also contains origianal mortgages and deeds:
Deed October 2, 1871 - Augusta E. Ross to Wm Boswell and Walter Alford - Lot 12 Rear Street and South Side of Alexander Street, Belleville.
Indenture December 2, 1872 - Walter Alford to Wm Boswell - Lot 12 East Side of Rear Street and South Side of Alexander Street.
Indenture December 2, 1872 William Boswell to Walter Alfrod
Deed February 24, 1874 – William Boswell to Walter Alford
Deed July 21, 1874 – Emma McArthur (Neil McArthur) to Walter Alford
Deed February 28, 1882 - 1st party John Forin, 2nd party Jane Forin, 3rd party Robert Templeton - Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Statutory Declaration dated March 27, 1909 sworn by Annie Wilson
Registry Office County of Hastings, April 3, 1891 an Abstract of all intruments wich appear to have been registered upon part of lots 12 & 13 on the East side of John Street on plan of Ross' Block land out on part of Lot 5 Cons 1 Thurlow from Apr 1869 to Mar 1909
Insurance Certificate from Queen Insurance Company of America, dated April 12, 1912 issued to Mary A. Savage.
Indenture April 29, 1912 - Martha Farley to Mary Asunta Savage - Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Mortgage April 29, 1912 - Marth Asunta Savage to Francis Walsh - Mortgage to secure $2500.22 on Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Mortgage April 29, 1913 – Mary Assunta Savage to Michael Francis Walsh.
Agreement for Sale September 1, 1919 - Thomas Mauley and Margaret Barrett Agreement for Sale - House No. 295 John St. on the corner of John and Alexander Streets.
This file contains a number of student essays written in the 1960s. Subjects are: The Founder of Belleville, The History of Shannonville (by Betty Ann Portt, which includes photographs), The History of Melrose and The Village of Salem.
File contains a handwritten essay by Florence McKeown and Ida Smith both from Springbrook regarding the history of Springbrook community ca. 1838 to 1965. Includes information on roads, local industry, churches, schools and a brief account of the cheese factories and local families
This file contains a copy of a school project written by Kim Hannah from Foxboro Sr. Elementary School. It is titled Umfraville and contains information about the settlement of the ghost town Umphraville founded in the 1860's by Irish settlers Dermot "Darby" Kavanaugh and his brother Patrick on the Old Hastings Rd. well north of Ormsby.
This file contains a copy of a school project written by Llarian Keilty from Foxboro Sr. Elementary School. It is titled The History of the Keilty Potato Farm originally purchased by Philip Ball in 1834 located in the Township of Hungerford, Lot 9, Concession #7.
This file contains a copy of a school project written by Scott Randolph from Foxboro Sr. Elementary School. It is titled "One Hundred and Eighty Years of Service" The Vandervoorts of Sidney Township and contains information about the genealogy of the Vandervoort Family commencing in 1784 with Peter Vandervoort.
This file contains a copy of a school project written by Jim Chopman from Foxboro Sr. Elementary School. It is titled The History of the Ross Farm originally purchased from the Crown by Artimus Marsh Ross U.E.L. and 600 acres located in the Township of Thurlow, 4th and 5th Concessions circa 1800.
This file contains a copy of a school project written by Lana Ray from Foxboro Sr. Elementary School. It is titled Floyd Ray's Farm and contains information about the history of the farm owned by Floyd Andrew Ray (Lot 19, 7th Concession, Township of Thurlow) purchased from the Outwaters family circa 1867.