File contains photocopied manuscript field notes by Quintin Johnston, Provincial Land Surveyor concerning resources and quality of land in Faraday Township in 1857. Also contains photocopied manuscript field notes concerning road and land surveys in Faraday Township as surveyed by Forneri and Kennedy, 1869-1870. Undated,[ ca. 1960s?] original manuscript notes containing excerpts of the aforementioned surveys are also present.
File contains a newspaper clipping about the history of the Foster family (from settling in Canada in 1810 from Massachusetts to building business in Belleville until the end of the 19th century). There is also typed biographical information of W.A. Foster (b. 1836 d. 1881).
File contains several manuscript pages listing local businesses in Belleville together with other samples of handwriting by J.S. Eccles. Also contains typescript transcript of “When the Campbells came to Roslin,” first published 1928.
File contains original and photocopied typescript notes prepared by Mrs. Alex McGibbon, L'Amable, concerning the history of the southern section of Dungannon Township and the settlement of Turriff, with additional notes by Mrs Herbert Hawkins on the history of Bronson Settlement, Dungannon Township, Hastings.
File contains a letter from the Department of Agriculture and Public Works to the Warden of Hastings in 1870 regarding immigrants and farm labour, and a copy of the Constitution of the Peterbo Immigration Society.
File contains an 1862 letter regarding immigration and a notice from the Government Immigration Office discussing the increased number of immigrants from the United Kingdom and the United States, proposing farmers hire new immigrants for farm labour and on large farms build a log cabin for a family to stay in.
File contains original manuscript mortgage registration for a mortgage held by William Robertson on a property in Stirling, Rawdon Township, purchased by Edward Fidlar. Also contains a manuscript and printed indenture of bargain and sale between Edward Fidlar and Simon Root for land in the village of Stirling.