The file contains a number of newspaper clippings from the 1930s about local residents and buildings. Also contains a piece of writing titled "The History of Friend Andrews told by Alexander Andrews (1959). The item is dated 20 January 1961 and is a genealogy of the Andrews family.
Fonds includes legal papers, photographs, correspondence of Mary Greig's mother, Lily Moult (née Wilson) and school yearbooks for Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School from 1931 to 1941.
This file contains three original Public School Daily Register for Recording the Attendance of Pupils in Belleville School #3 for the years 1893, 1894 and 1895, in the City of Belleville. The registers were kept by Mary Frost.
File contains the funeral cards for Everett Ketcheson (b. 1891, d. 1914) and Edward Ketcheson (b. 1832, d. 1915). There is also a book published in 1958, “The Ketcheson Family”, a newspaper article from 1968 about Mr. and Mrs. Lawrenson L. Ketcheson celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary, and an invite for the Ketcheson family reunion in 1965 at the Memorial Park in Tweed.
File contains a newspaper clipping about the history of the Foster family (from settling in Canada in 1810 from Massachusetts to building business in Belleville until the end of the 19th century). There is also typed biographical information of W.A. Foster (b. 1836 d. 1881).
The file contains a copy of an article, dated October 1991 Issue 96, from the Hastings County Historical Society, titled "200th Anniversary of Arrival in Canada of Tavern Owner, Margaret Simpson of Belleville." The file also contains a family genealogy, several letters pertaining to the family history and a couple of newspaper articles about the family.
File contains a draft copy of the a story for the Intelligencer discussing the story of the Franklin Expedition and the McLure Expedition which looked for the sunken ship. The last living member of the McLure expedition, Henry Gauen, died in 1899 at 77 years old and was buried in Ivanhoe.
The file contains a deed, dated 31 October 1918, for the property on the south side of Lot 26, west side of William Street, Belleville, ON. Owned by Mrs. Mary Matilda Lazier nee McMullen to Mrs. Jane Thomas.
File contains a letter dated 22 November 1969 from Brian Roberts, Carnation, Washington to Mrs. M.G. Plumpton, curator Hastings County Museum requesting information on the Rikley family. Included is a copy of a marriage certificate dated 4 April 1826 for Andrew Rikely (widower) son of Andrew to Eliza Arkles, daughter of John Arkles, married St. Thomas' Church, Belleville.