This fonds comprises two accessions. Materials donated by church officials in 2002 include:
36 annual reports dating from 1898 to 2000
'St. Andrew's Church Weekly News', 1888-1890
'St. Andrew's Church News', 1968-1969
'Open Door', 1972-1983
'St. Andrew's Newsletter', 1984-1994
'The Lamp and the Thistle', 1995-2001
100th Anniversary Services, 1927
History of the church (4 pages)
Report: Hastings-Prince Edward Children's Services Committee, 'Directory of Services for Children in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties', 1980
Report: Community Care for Seniors, 'A Study of the Needs of the Disabled in the Belleville Area', 1980
Report: Community Development Council of Belleville and District, 'Task Force on Hunger Report', 1992
The remaining materials were extracted from the Hastings County Historical Society's textual records in the summer of 2014:
File of documents relating to the church's history such as a 1901 article in the Daily Intelligencer and a history of the church written by Kenneth S. Hill
File of correspondence and newsletters
15 assorted annual reports and financial statements up to 1970, with a fund-raising proposal.
Minutes from the St. Andrew's Society from February 12, 1885 and a menu from the St. Andrew's Day anniversary from 1890
File of notices, a program from a service dedicated to Queen Victoria's funeral; a list of soldiers from the congregation who fought in World War One; a program from Sunday, December 4, 1932; programs from Stainer's "The Crucifixion" from 1958, 1959, and 1961; the itinerary from the 1959 annual council meeting of the Women's Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church in Canada; the list to elect the church's elders from 1959; a program from the church choir's production of Handel's Messiah in 1960; a program from the Girl Guide – Brownie Sunday service in 1961; a catalogue of art painted by Allan and Donnah Cameron for an exhibit held in 1964; a program and an advertisement for an organ recital from 1968; there is also a 1968 retelling of a performance by the Ladies of St. Andrews Church from 1889; and a copy of Talk 405 given by Gerald Boyce on Anniversary Sunday 2006
Five copies of photographs showing Louise Fitchett's house in Deseronto and Ken Melhoff as a young boy, c.1944-1946. Photocopy of an article from Our Canada magazine by Carolyn Lori about Joseph Laverture of Green Street, Deseronto, and his miniature cannons. Lavature was at one time the projectionist at Naylor's theatre in Deseronto.
Photographs found in Deseronto Town Hall, dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs from the 1980s (some duplicates), photographs of Centennial and Rathbun Memorial Park, the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001, the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto, an Easter Parade from the early 2000s, a Santa Parade, the OPP handover (2007?), interior of the Home Hardware store in the Baker Block, 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, 2002 New Year’s Levee, the O’Connor House before demolition.
Some were taken by Tom Usher (donated by Irene Usher), others are of unknown provenance: probably taken by Town staff.
Photographs: 1) Bev and Vern Boomhour on their wedding day, 28 July 1956 2-10) Quinte Classic boat races in Deseronto in 1980 11) Dignitaries at the entrance to Deseronto Town Hall for the Terry Fox Run in 1982
Outline of Professor Donald B. Smith's forthcoming book The Blind Spot: Canada and the "Indians" in Canada's First Century. A Study of non-Indigenous Canadians' perspectives on the First Nations from 1867 to the White Paper of 1969, with copies of some research materials including:
'The Indian in "the Great" Canadian Society: A Newspaper Series on People of Tyendinaga': series of articles in the Kingston Whig Standard, February 22nd to 27th, 1965
'As A Teacher On The Reserve She Came To Know The Indians': photocopied article from the Napanee Beaver of October 12th, 1966 by Celia File
1) Order of Service for the inauguration of the Foresters’ Orphanage on Foresters' Island, Deseronto, August 5, 1905 2) Scanned photograph of Herbert Joseph Howard (1864-1920), accountant at the Bank of Montreal, Deseronto between 1906/7-1920 3) Scanned photograph of Florence Ashworth, wife of John P. Ashworth, manager of the Bank of Montreal, Deseronto, 1903-1923 (c.1914) 4) Scanned photograph of John Brian Ashworth, son of John P. Ashworth, manager of the Bank of Montreal, Deseronto, 1903-1923 (c.1914) 5) ‘Souvenir and Programme’ of the 1929 Loyalist celebrations in Deseronto 6) Article on the history of the Layer Cake Hall in Bath, Ontario, by Muhammad Arif, Larry Pearson and Godfrey Spragge, September 1976