Materials relating to the Ostrander and Detlor families.
1) [Loaned for scanning] ‘The House of Ostrander’, family history of the Ostranders of Prince Edward County’, compiled by Manly Ostrander, who was Principal of Deseronto Public School
2) Negative of Bismark Detlor’s bake shop on St. George Street, Deseronto
3) a & b – negative and print of horse with ‘B L Detlor Baker & Confectioner, Home Made Bread’ wagon.
4) Laura (Moore?) Blake, Mark Detlor, Winnifred Detlor (nee Moore) and Ken Detlor, son of Mark and Winnifred, outside the Detlor bake shop with a car
5) Interior of shop (possibly Detlor bake shop), early 20th century
6) Woman and man seated at different tables inside a store. Note on back reads ‘Ice Cream Parlour, St. George Street, Bake Shop, Deseronto, Ont., M. Detlor’
7) Group of scouts (duplicate of YCLB-06-01) – standing individuals identified as Francis Brennan, Paul Maloney, ? Harold, Paul Brennan, Mr Vic Pearce, Howard Ostrander, Morley Rendell, Jeff Culhane. Boy on right of seated boys is P. Pearce.
8) Group of scouts (duplicate of YCLB-06-02). Howard Ostrander is identified as the boy carrying the dark flag.
9) Group of children from Deseronto Public School, including grade 4. Taken c. 1953. Back row: Billy Whitton, Mitchel Claus, Dennis Vick, John Wells, Fred Woodcock, Howard Fraser, Helena Loft, Roselean Green, Monica Tinney, Mary Harvey, Marilyn Stuart, Helen Barnhardt, Donna Brant, Mrs. R. Aylsworth Middle row: Brenda Allport, Carole Harvey, Kathleen Marlow, Lanna Pritchard, Donna Whitton, Brenda Potter, Carole Cole, Mary Jane Steeves, Brenda Fitch, Donna Hill, Heather Tompson, Sharon Unger, Joan Green Front row: George Maracle, Leonard Losee, Bert Sly, Michael Claus, Gary Tompkins, Roger Cole, Rodney Stuart, Phillip Bennett, Eugene Marlow, Betty Grey, Bobby Detlor, Billy Perry
10) Typewritten notes on the history of Deseronto, including lists of businesses in the town in 1907.
11) Rules of order of the Municipal Council of the Town of Deseronto
12) Voters’ List of the Town of Deseronto, 1892
13) Photocopy of ‘The D. H. S. Pointer’, published by Deseronto High School, Easter 1920, including a short history of the school
14) Programme for the opening of the new wing of Deseronto Public School, May 27th, 1969.
15) Programme for the official opening of the Deseronto Lions Medical Centre, 444 Main Street, Deseronto, November 19, 1973.
16)-18) Newspaper cuttings about Howard Ostrander, Blanche Detlor and Reg Dawson.
2011.16 Additional items relating to Detlor family:
1) Scan of photogaph of Anna Moore, born Anna Moss, September 24, 1854
2) Scan of photograph of Winnifred Moore, born 1879
3) Scan of photograph of Winnifred Moore, aged about 4
4) Scans of Bell magazine ‘The Blue Bell’ about the Diamond Jubilee broadcast of 1927, in which William Kenneth Detlor played a part. His photo is n the article.
5) Graduation photograph of William Kenneth Detlor, taken by CH Boyes of Kingston
6) Editorial from the Deseronto Post of November 23, 1940, on the departure of editor Maurice Detlor to join the army
7) Issue of the Deseronto Post for January 10, 1951, with obituary for Bismarck Leroy Detlor (died January 6, 1951)
8) Photocopy of list of individuals buried in the Detlor family plot (#119) of Deseronto Cemetery.
9) Photocopied pages of a printed history of the Detlor Family, 1777-1917 (by Allen Detlor).
10) Scan of photograph of William Kenneth Detlor as a child, aged about 8 (c.1911)