- CA ON00156 2023-095
Canadian Federation of University Women - Belleville and District
103 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Canadian Federation of University Women - Belleville and District
File contains a Rules and Regulations handbook for the Belleville Cemetery, 1873, and an 1899 By-Laws, Rules and Regulations handbook. Also rules and regulations from 9 April 2002 (donated by Gerry Boyce).
Belleville Cemetery Company
The Quinte Scanner was a newspaper published in Deseronto, Ontario, between 1968 and 1981.
Part of Gerry Boyce records
Records of Gerry Boyce's research on a number of published and unpublished subjects relating to the local history of Belleville and Hastings County. Research for published books include:
Photocopied minutes of Deseronto Skyway group, 1970-1972
Press clippings of stories relating to alcoholism, 1972-1998
Eastern Area Assembly minutes, 1974-1980
Quinte Area General Service Meeting minutes and general information, 1974-1981
New Hope Group (Pine Street, Belleville) minutes, accounts and member lists, 1975-1980
Quinte East District 34 General Service Meeting minutes, 1977-1988, 1990, 1993-1996
Tri-County Roundup programs, 1978-2001
Cannifton Group minutes, 1984-2001
Notes regarding District 34 project regarding back issues of 'Grapevine' magazine, 1988
Notes on local AA groups' histories, 1983-2013
File relating to Quinte District East events, 1992
Tablecloth from Moira Group, established 1977
Tablecloth banner made for Cloyne AA group, 1993
Notes on the histories of local AA groups, 2002-2013
Minutes, budgets and reports from Quinte East District 34, 2005-2011
Digital recordings of 'AA Oldtimers' meetings, 2009-2016
Quinte East District operating procedures, 2014
Quinte East District 34 agendas and minutes, 2015
Book: 'Alcoholic Anonymous' published 1955
Publication: 'Twelve Concepts for World Service' by Bill W. 1962
Publication: '30th Anniversary Year and International Convention, Toronto, Ontario, Canada July 2-4, 1965'
Publication: 'Fifty Years with Gratitude: a Family Album and Souvenir of the International A.A. Convention, Montreal, Quebec, Canada July 4-7, 1985'
File of AA District 34 and 36 Annual Conference programs, 1981-2013
File of AA District 34 Gratitude Day programs, 2001-2013
'Alcoholics Anonymous' printed book, 1955
Districts 34 and 36 annual conference flyers and minutes, 1989-2016
Group 41 (Cloyne) minutes, annual Gratitude Night materials and tablecloth, 1995-2010
Mohawk Unity group tablecloth, 1979
History of the Happy Destiny group, Belleville (formed 1998), by Marvin Yantha, 2018
Five files of newspaper clippings, Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School yearbooks and ephemeral materials.
Research materials, including:
The file contains two papers on the history of the public library in Belleville. The first on titled "From Mechanics' Institute to Corby Public Library; The Development of library service in Belleville, 1851-1908", was prepared by Elizabeth Mitchell, Information Services Librarian, Belleville Public Library (date unknown). The second one titled "The Belleville Public Library; A History of Service" was prepared by Leona Hendry, Chief Librarian and presented March 17, 1992 at the Hastings County Historical Society.
Part of Beth Green papers
This file contains a booklet titled "Pier and Neighbourhood - A Brief History; On the shores of the beautiful Bay of Quinte", written by William S. Wills February 1996 and presented to the Hastings County Historical Society.
Wills, William Syms
This file contains a booklet with the rules and regulations of the Cemetery (published 1992), along with a promotional leaflet, a copy of the program from the 125th anniversary celebration (June 1997) and a rate sheet from 1997.
The Wanamaker fonds consists of textual records and graphic materials of genealogical histories of various families. The fonds also contains records, brochures, pamphlets, publications, books, and other textual records from towns and cities throughout Ontario, predominantly from the Quinte Area and Hastings County.
Genealogical family research names:
Wanamaker, Castello Loral Roy
Files contains copies of newspaper notices from the 1800's regarding auction of property, notice to debtors, tender and sale of farm.
File contains several newspaper articles from the Ontario Intelligencer about the Shannonville Fair and the closing of the Old Shannonville Store.
Materials collected by Ruth Boyce, comprising:
1) 1905 Supplement to Mail and Empire, with photograph of members of the 11th Ontario Legislature (including Marshall B. Morrison, Hastings West https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabhc/36379548670/ ; Major E. Walter Rathbun, Hastings East https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabhc/36637303291/ and Josiah W. Pearce, Hastings North https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabhc/36379549210/ )
2) c.1910 'Greetings from Belleville' postcard brochure
3-4) 1911-1915 and 1917-1920 savings bank pass books for The Standard Bank of Canada, Belleville
5-6) 1912 Postcard of the Dominion Match Company factory in Deseronto, and undated postcard of Deseronto Public School
7) 1914 Book 'Manners: recommended by the Minister of Education for use in School Libraries in Ontario': etiquette guide published by McClelland, Goodchild & Stewart, Toronto. Name of Ina M. Calbury, 142 Charles Street, Belleville written inside front cover
8) c.1930 photograph of Case tractors and staff outside Riggs Garage on Pinnacle Street in Belleville. Individuals identified from left as Jack Kent, saleman; Harry Moorman, general manager; Leo Riggs, owner; Roy Thompson, salesman; Cy Jones, Case tractor representative; Carl Gunter, tractor mechanic; George Vanner, tire repair and vulcanizer, Jack Mather, bookkeeper; Gordon Burley, mechanic; Don Brown, mechanic; Archie Brown, mechanic and Perc Hart, mechanic and foreman https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabhc/36379548000/
9) 1945-1946 'Elevator' yearbook for Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School
10) c.1950s Flyer for Belleville Creameries 'Mountain Gold Belleville Better Butter Box 59 Belleville, compliments of Mack Robertson'
11) 1952 Booklet 'Story of Cannifton Church: 100th anniversary'
12) 1978 Printed sketch of Belleville Collegiate institute and Vocational School, with threads in the school colours
13) c.1979 'Booklet to commemorate the more than 70 years of service to the community provided by S. S. #6 Thurlow Cannifton Corbyville Public School
14) 1985 'Ratepayers Information' leaflet from the Township of Thurlow
15) c.1990 Printed article on Dr. W. M. Mather of Tweed, Ontario
16-17) c.2010 Two reproductions of photographs: a young Ethel and Nettie Ketcheson, and the same women in later life, with Jack Mather and Mabel Boyce
Entry for Historical Fiction Writing Contest by Wilfrid A. Forestell. Includes newspaper clipping. 7 pages.
Forestell, Wilfrid Aloysius
File contains several newspaper clippings regarding social and local business activities in Roslin in 1956-1957 including the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Chisolm's lumber mill in June 1957. Also present is a printed booklet commemorating the 100th anniversary of St. Paul's Anglican Church in Roslin on 3 June 1945 and another marking the 125th anniversary in 1970.
Part of Leona Riggs records
This series is composed of the following textual records and graphic materials created during the life of Dr. Lester David Riggs:
Riggs, Lester David
File contains writings by Violet Bowerman, 54 Crestview Ave., Belleville on her activities during the Second World War. The file also contains a copy of a book owned by her mother Violet M. Camken (died 1948) - "The Housekeeper's Companion" published by the Ladies Aid Society of Emmanuel Church, Belleville, 1933.
Bowerman, Violet Irene
Part of Map collection
A "Surveyor's Concept Plan of Belleville Waterfront in the future." Drawn by Paul Wiegand circa 1970.
Includes heritage buildings moved to new location. Heritage buildings (left to right) Lynch House, [unknown] Patrie House, Margaret Simpson Inn (1820) [church], [house from Pinnacle or Church St.?] . . . 2nd from right: McIntosh, Ridley House, right: [unknown]; in foreground: Petrie Stone building. P. Wreg and Concept of Belleville Harbour.
Wiegand, Milton Paul