The file contains a number of newspaper clippings from the 1930s about local residents and buildings. Also contains a piece of writing titled "The History of Friend Andrews told by Alexander Andrews (1959). The item is dated 20 January 1961 and is a genealogy of the Andrews family.
This file contains a copy of the publication "Heritage Buildings East of the Moira River" published by Heritage Belleville - 199. It is an inventory of buildings of historical and architectural interest, east of the Moira River.
This file contains copies of the Heritage Belleville Annual Reports for the year 1994 to 1998 inclusive, along with a copy of suggested guidelines and procedures for researching historical buildings in Belleville.
The file contains a deed, dated 31 October 1918, for the property on the south side of Lot 26, west side of William Street, Belleville, ON. Owned by Mrs. Mary Matilda Lazier nee McMullen to Mrs. Jane Thomas.
File contains a brief biography of H.A. Engelhardt (1830-1897): Landscape Designer written by Pleasance Crawford of Toronto. Henry A. Englehardt designer of Belleville Cemetery. The file also contains a copy of a newspaper article from the Daily Intelligencer dated January 20, 1874 regarding an annual meeting of the Belleville Cemetery Company.
File contains a four-page typescript history by Ruth Matheson Buck Concerning Marchmont Home, a Belleville orphanage for British Home Children which was established ca. 1870. Also contains a newspaper clipping regarding the arrival of fifty children at the Marchmont Home in 1924.
A photocopy of a poster created in 1886 proclaiming "Murray Canal Demonstration! The preliminary opening of the Murray Canal will be celebrated on Wednesday, Oct. 6th, '86 at Twelve O'Clock Point, near Trenton, by a grand Demonstration, at which Sir John A. MacDonald and Hon. Messrs. White, Foster & Bowell will be present."
File contains a printed booklet ca. 1961 entitled History of King Baldwin Preceptory, No. 6 Belleville, Ontario. Also contains a printed obituary dated August 4, 1928, of Rt. Em. Kt. Richard Henry Spencer, Presiding Preceptor of the Belleville No. 6 King Baldwin Preceptory. Also present is a printed booklet of by laws of the King Baldwin Preceptory ca. 1928, and blueprints of the Preceptory Hall, 1926.
The file contains copies of the Programme for the "Unveiling and Dedication of Historical Plaque at Stone Church, Fourth of Sidney, Sunday, October 23, 1977", along with handwritten notes of the address given by the then President of the Hastings County Historical Society, Mrs. Patricia Bennett.
The file contains a letter from Philippa Faulkner, dated 22 December 1991 and addressed to the Hastings County Historical Society in Belleville. There is a subsequent response to Mrs. Faulkner from the then president of the society Bernard Wright.
The file contains a letter from the United States Steel Corporation, dated 8-November 1963 addressed to the Mayor of Belleville. It includes an article about Louis Curtiss, reprinted from the August 1983 issue of Progressive Architecture magazine. Louis Curtiss was born in Belleville on 1-July-1865, the second son of Frances Elvira and Don Carlos Curtiss.
The file contains a copy of a letter from The Ontario Heritage Foundation dated 20-February-1992 and addressed to Mrs. Jane Goddard and Captain Christopher Almey. The subject of the letter is with regards to a new plaque to be erected on the site of Captain John Meyers' brick house.
The file contains a letter from Gerry Boyce dated January 6, 1992 and addressed to Jack Arthur and the Directors of Hastings County Historical Society. The subject of the letter is the William Hutton Crypt Stone at the Belleville Cemetery.