Showing 37 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Buildings and structures Image With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Belleville flood photographs and postcard publication

  • CA ON00156 2016-98
  • Collection
  • 1907-1936

A heart-shaped publication of mini-postcard images of Belleville produced by Charles B. Scantlebury in 1907.
Two photo-postcards of Belleville, Ontario, during spring flooding [possibly 1936], one showing the broken footbridge, the other taken on Bridge Street West.

Scantlebury, Charles B.

Desmond H. D. Lowry photographs of Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2017-85
  • Series
  • 1969-2006

Colour photographs of the Norris Whitney bridge under construction between Rossmore and Belleville, Ontario and aerial photographs of Belleville, Wellington, Picton, Tweed, Stirling and the open pit mine at Marmora. Photographs of aircraft, including a replica of the 'Spirit of St. Louis', which visited Belleville in 1977 or 1978.

Lowry, Desmond Herbert Douglas

Aerial photograph of Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2011-06
  • Item
  • c.1985

Aerial view of the waterfront east of the Moira River in Belleville, Ontario, showing the harbour area.

Lumbers, Richard

Negatives and photographs from Northern Electric plant in Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2016-055
  • Series
  • 1951-1956

Negatives and photographs of activities and buildings at the Northern Electric plant on Sidney Street in Belleville, Ontario. These items were contained in a metal Kardex filing drawer. Headings on the file sleeves include:

  • Erecting Gov. Towers [Negative 2019-055-001]
  • Dismantling & Erecting N.E. Wooden Tower [Negatives 2019-055-002 to 2019-055-019 and print of negative 2019-055-017]
  • Wave Guide Flexing Machine Built 1956 by N.E. Co Belleville [Negatives 2019-055-020 to 2019-055-078 and prints of negatives 2019-055-022, 2019-055-023, 2019-055-024, 2019-055-027, 2019-055-028, 2019-055-029, 2019-055-030 and 2019-055-047]
  • City Fire Dept Demonstration 1955 [4 negatives including 2019-055-084 and 2019-055-085]
  • Fire in Shopmen's Wash Rm. Partition. 1955 [5 negatives, 5 prints]
  • Painting Chain Link Fences 1955 Contractor Carter & Son [2 negatives]
  • Parking Lots 1951 [Includes negative 2019-055-089]
  • Employee Infraction on City Parking Regulations 1955
  • Car Parks 1955 [Negatives 2019-055-091 to 2019-055-093]
  • Power House 1954 [11 negatives including 2019-055-094 and 2019-095]
    *Deterioration of 1947 Plant Roof Due to Negelcted Leak in Roof Membrane, 1955 [2 prints, 3 negatives]
  • Deterioration in West Wall & South & North Corners of 1947 BLDG. Repointed Brickwork 1955 [30 prints, 32 negatives]
  • Leaking Flashings [1 print]
  • Slippage of Roof Material on 1951 Extension Saw Tooths Corrected 1955 By Application of S.I.S. Roofing. [3 prints, 3 negatives]
  • 1951 Extension to Plant [44 prints, 106 negatives]
  • Paint Shop Construction 1955 [13 prints, 20 negatives]
  • Shop Partitions Designed & Built in Belleville Plant 1953 [4 prints, 7 negatives]
  • Standard Benches Designed & Produced in Belleville Plant 1952 [1 print (labelled 'Sound Proof Booth'), 3 negatives]
  • Moving Pacific Brake from CN Tracks to Belleville Plant [1 print, 4 negatives]
  • 44 K.V. Substation Installation, 1954 [6 negatives]
  • 1953 Fordson Tractor & Attachments [4 prints, negatives 2019-055-096 to 2019-055-103]
  • Taken to Demonstrate Inefficient Material Handling [6 prints, 4 negatives]
  • Warehouse 1954 [4 prints, 14 negatives including 2019-055-104 to 2019-055-106]
  • Excavating for the 1951 Extension [16 prints, 3 negatives]

Nortel Networks

Papers relating to Thomas Kelso's property at 161 George Street, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2019-061
  • Collection
  • 1873-2019

Receipts and certificates addressed to Thomas Kelso from suppliers and contractors involved in building his property at 161 George Street, Belleville, Ontario. The work was carried out between 1873 and 1876 under the direction of John D. Evans, architect. This collection also includes notes on the Kelso/Roberts family tree, compiled by Trudi and Bob Banting, with reproduction photographs of family members.

The material has been arranged into the following files:
1) Invoices and receipts relating to the construction of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1873-1876
2) Contractor's certificates relating to the construction of 161 George Street signed by John D. Evans, architect, 1873-1875
3) Summary of expenses relating to the construction of the house at 161 George Street, c.1875; calculation of simple and compound interest, 1869-1882; bill for pine lumber from the Rathbun Company, 1888; specifications for construction work for the sodus Point & Southern Rail Road, not dated
4) Legal papers relating to costs incurred by the Grand Junction Railway in 1877; a case against Henry Covert involving Kelso and Pitceathly in 1879; a report into the condition and affairs of the Union Mutual Life Insurance Company of Maine, 1884
5) Abstracts of title for lots 4 and 5, east side of George Street, Belleville, 1950; newspaper clipping announcing the designation of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1986
6) Reproduction photographs of 161 George Street and Kelso/Roberts family members, c.2019

Kelso, Thomas

Post Folder Greetings from Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2012-15
  • Item
  • c.1910

Souvenir folder containing 20 folded images of John Valentine postcards showing scenes in Belleville, Ontario.

Negatives of photographs of houses in Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2018-033
  • Fonds
  • 1978

A series of negatives of properties in Belleville, Ontario, taken by members of the Belleville Camera Club on behalf of the Historic Structures Committee of Hastings County Historical Society. Also a file containing a list of the houses in 'Area C' of Belleville (from the east side of Front Street to East Hill) which were to be photographed.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Photographs of buildings in Tweed, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2018-074
  • Series
  • c.1990

Two photographs taken in Tweed, Ontario:
1) Garage building on Spring Street
2) The old Ketcheson house

Morrow, Sandi Warren

Photograph of Northern Electric Company Plant under construction

  • CA ON00156 2018-092
  • Item
  • 22 August 1947

Four photographs showing the Nortel plant on Sidney Street in Belleville, Ontario, when it was under construction by E.G.M. Cape and Company Limited, contractors and engineers. Photographer not identified.

Oil painting of building known as 'Meyer's Mill'

  • CA ON00156 2007-29
  • Item
  • 1990

Small oil painting of the former Burrell Axe Factory building (commonly known as Meyer's Mill) at 54 Station Street in Belleville, Ontario.

Clarke, Rea Covert

Allen Montgomery photograph collection

  • CA ON00156 2015-26
  • Collection
  • c.1900-2009

Photographs of members of the Ruttan family of Belleville, Ontario and houses in the Great St. James Street area of Belleville. The photographs include some reproductions, including one of a fire at Trudeau Motors in 1948. 111 photographs show construction work for the Quinte Conservation Green Energy Hydro Project at the McLeod Dam on the Moira River between College Street and Cannifton Road in Belleville between 2007 and 2009.

Montgomery, Allen

Aerial photograph of Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2013-62
  • Item
  • 1978

Aerial view of Belleville from the Bay of Quinte, looking north, with the Corbin Lock factory on the left and Bridge Street United Church on the right.

Lumbers, Richard

Photographs of Colp Block, Deseronto, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 DA 2014.20
  • File
  • c.1980

Photographs of the former Colp Block on the southwest corner of St. George and Edmon Streets in Deseronto, Ontario. The building was torn down in the early 1980s.

Digital photographs of the construction of the Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County facility

  • CA ON00156 2020-036
  • Series
  • 2015-2016

Photographs taken during the construction of the Community Archives space inside the Belleville Public Library building. Include photographs of the former location of the Community Archives at 154 Cannifton Road, Cannifton, and the physical move of archival materials and shelving from the old building to the new facility.

Hill, Amanda

Results 1 to 20 of 37