Showing 19 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Collection Buildings and structures
Print preview Hierarchy View:

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Allen Montgomery photograph collection

  • CA ON00156 2015-26
  • Collection
  • c.1900-2009

Photographs of members of the Ruttan family of Belleville, Ontario and houses in the Great St. James Street area of Belleville. The photographs include some reproductions, including one of a fire at Trudeau Motors in 1948. 111 photographs show construction work for the Quinte Conservation Green Energy Hydro Project at the McLeod Dam on the Moira River between College Street and Cannifton Road in Belleville between 2007 and 2009.

Montgomery, Allen

Architectural plans for the proposed Quinte Cultural Centre

  • CA ON00156 2019-041
  • Collection
  • 1995, 2002

Architectural plans for the proposed conversion of the former Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School into a shared arts, library, and archives space. Include:

  • 6 site plans, elevations and floor plans, 1995 by Philip Goldsmith & Company
    The following plans were produced for the City of Belleville by Goldsmith, Borgal & Company and Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd.
  • 62 architectural plans, 2002
  • 28 structural plans, 2002
  • 13 mechanical drawings, 2002
  • 18 library plans

Philip Goldsmith & Company

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Belleville Fire Department

Belleville Fire Department photographs

  • CA ON00156 2018-100
  • Collection
  • c.1920-1990

Photographs of Belleville Fire Department activities and personnel.

Belleville Fire Department

Belleville architecture clippings

  • CA ON00156 2010-30
  • Collection
  • 1963-1979

Newspaper clippings compiled by Mary and Roger Greig, concerning properties in Belleville. Most are Intelligencer articles in a series called 'Our Architectural Heritage' by Lennie Williamson on particular houses. These include:
1) St. Agnes Manor, Bridge and Ann Streets, published 9 April 1964
2) George Bleecker house, 260 Dundas Street East, 16 April 1964
3) John Taylor house, 155 Dundas Street East, 23 April 1964
4) Chisholm-McDougall house, Dundas Street West, 30 April 1964
5) Chisholm-Zwick house, 153 Dundas Street West, 7 May 1964
6) McIntosh-McKenzie house, South Front Street, 14 May 1964
7) Simpson-Wallbridge house, Dundas and Front Streets, 21 May 1964
8) Neo-Classical house, 77½ South Church Street, 27 May 1964
9) Lynch house, 75 South Front Street, 4 June 1964
10) Hutton-Ponton house, Dundas Street West, 11 June 1964
11) Moodie Cottage, Sinclair and Bridge Streets, 18 June 1964
12) McNab-Yeomans house, Bridge Street West, 25 June 1964
13) Welbanks house, James Street, 2 July 1964
14) Animal Hospital (Maybee house), Dundas Street East, 9 July 1964
15) Canniff-Lazier house, Cannifton Road, 16 July 1964
16) Reynolds' Block, Front Street and Victoria Avenue, 23 July 1964
17) Turnbull-Campbell villa, Charlotte Street, 30 July 1964
18) Robertson house, 184 William Street, 6 August 1964
19) Murney-Faulkner house, Bridge Street West, 13 August 1964
20) Springer-Burns residence, 103 Dundas Street East, 20 August 1964
21) St. Thomas Rectory, Bridge Street East, 27 August 1964
22) Scott (Bogart) house, Bridge Street East, 3 September 1964
23) Bellvue Terrace, Patterson Street, 10 September 1964
24) Phillips-Faulkner house, Bridge Street and Dufferin Avenue, 17 September 1964
25) City Hall, Front Street, 24 September 1964

File also includes "An Outline History of Belleville" by Gerald E. Boyce, published by the Hastings County Historical Society in 1962.

Greig, Roger

Belleville flood photographs and postcard publication

  • CA ON00156 2016-98
  • Collection
  • 1907-1936

A heart-shaped publication of mini-postcard images of Belleville produced by Charles B. Scantlebury in 1907.
Two photo-postcards of Belleville, Ontario, during spring flooding [possibly 1936], one showing the broken footbridge, the other taken on Bridge Street West.

Scantlebury, Charles B.

Belleville streetscapes project, 1998

  • CA ON00156 2014-22
  • Collection
  • 1998

Videos showing buildings visible from city streets in Belleville and Thurlow wards of the City of Belleville, Ontario. The filming was done in February and March 1998 by camera operator Angela Rowan and drivers Peter Kellett and Reg Stacey.

Heritage Belleville

Century Place and Bell Telephone collection

  • CA ON00156 2019-066
  • Collection
  • 1976-1977

1) Newspaper clipping about the opening of Century Place in Belleville, Ontario, 26 March 1976
2) Brochure for Century Place, c.1976
3) Instructions for employees starting work in the Century Place building on 29 March 1976
4) Text of a talk on 'Hastings County & the Telephone' by R. W. Carleton, given to the Hastings County Historical Society on 15 February 1977

Deseronto Archives photographic collection

  • Collection
  • 1860-

The photographs are arranged by subject matter and cover activities in and around the town of Deseronto, Ontario. The majority date from the late nineteenth century and many depict the lumber-related industries of the Rathbun Company in Deseronto. There are also photographs of school groups, churches, railways, First World War airfields and portraits of Deseronto citizens.

Deseronto Town Hall photograph collection

  • CA ON00156 DA 2015.13
  • Collection
  • 1970s-2011

Photographs of Deseronto, Ontario dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs of the town from the 1980s; the interior of the former Home Hardware store in the Baker Block on Main Street; the O’Connor House on Main Street before its demolition; the 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, photographs of Centennial Park and Rathbun Memorial Park; the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001; the Ontario Provincial Police handover ceremony in 2001; an Easter Parade from the early 2000s; a Santa Parade; the 2002 New Year’s Levee; and the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto.

Most of the photographs appear to have been taken by Town staff. One envelope was donated to the Town by Irene Usher and contains photographs taken by her late husband, Tom.

Don Kellaway collection of plans

  • CA ON00156 2019-011
  • Collection
  • 1954-2003

A collection of plans and other items belonging to Don Kellaway:
1) Copy of a plan of docks in the harbour by Victoria Park, Belleville, by Charles Mott, City Engineer, 1954 (copy made in 1974)
2) File with names of owners of private docks in Victoria Harbour, Belleville,1974
3) Poster for Belleville Waterfront Festival and Folklorama, July 1987
4) Six rolled plans created as part of an inventory of waterfront parkland by the City of Belleville, July-September1987
5) Photocopies of City Hall renovation floor plans by Bel-Con Design (five plans: one for each floor), December 1987
6) 'The Ice Age: Harvesting the Ice, 1850-1950', a printed history of the Callaghan family's ice business in Belleville, 2003

Kellaway, Don

Glanmore information booklets

  • CA ON00156 2014-19
  • Collection
  • c.1980

Two booklets on the history of Glanmore House in Belleville, Ontario. One is called 'Glanmore' written by Sheila Chapline, written for the general public, the other is a compilation of information aimed at guides of the museum and includes information researched by Kerry Abel and Nick and Helma Mika.

Glanmore National Historic Site

Goad fire insurance maps

  • Collection
  • 1878-1957

Chas. E. Goad Company

Materials relating to Chisholm homes in Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2018-049
  • Collection
  • 1991-1995

Digital copies of photographs of 153 and 317 Dundas Street West in Belleville, homes built by John and Alexander Chisholm, respectively. Intelligencer newspaper article on environmental inspection by Green Check of 317 Dundas Street West when it was owned by Mayor Ross McDougall and Marilyn McDougall in the mid-1990s. Copy of an Intelligencer newspaper article about HC00309 - Tweed stagecoach, identifying the driver as Roland Perry.

Materials relating to William Nisbet Ponton

  • CA ON00156 2014-17
  • Collection
  • 1864-1906

Four items originally owned by William Nisbet Ponton:
1) Writ of summons addressed to Francis Papineau, James Blacklock and James Hill of Belleville, defendants in a case brought by Henry Fowler, served on 10 May 1865
2) Typescript copy of Section 11 of By-law 476 of the City of Belleville, prohibiting people from setting off firearms or rockets or throwing snowballs in streets or public places in the city. By-law originally passed on 16 May 1881
3) Sale poster for auction mortgage sale of the Albion Hotel in Belleville, Ontario on 4 July 1900
4) Menu, program, seating plan, and toast list for the Sixth Congress of Chambers of Commerce of the Empire, held at the Hotel Cecil in London, England on 13 July 1906. (W. N. Ponton was one of the attendees.)

Ponton, William Nisbet

Orland French photographs

  • CA ON00156 2019-009
  • Collection
  • 2017-2018

Photographs of people and places in Belleville, Ontario:
1) Crowds enter Yardmen Arena for Senators first home game, Nov. 1, 2017
2) Gerry Boyce, Mr. History, January 1, 2018
3) Belleville Harbour, June, 2018
4) Chisholm’s Mills with millpond, August 2018
5) & 6) Unveiling of a commemorative boulder at Mount St. Patrick Catholic Cemetery, Stanley Street Belleville, Sept. 16, 2018
7) Porchfest: Male choir on porch of 246 Albert Street, Porchfest, Sept. 29, 2018
8) Demolition of former Stephens-Adamson property, fall 2018

French, Orland

Papers relating to Thomas Kelso's property at 161 George Street, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2019-061
  • Collection
  • 1873-2019

Receipts and certificates addressed to Thomas Kelso from suppliers and contractors involved in building his property at 161 George Street, Belleville, Ontario. The work was carried out between 1873 and 1876 under the direction of John D. Evans, architect. This collection also includes notes on the Kelso/Roberts family tree, compiled by Trudi and Bob Banting, with reproduction photographs of family members.

The material has been arranged into the following files:
1) Invoices and receipts relating to the construction of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1873-1876
2) Contractor's certificates relating to the construction of 161 George Street signed by John D. Evans, architect, 1873-1875
3) Summary of expenses relating to the construction of the house at 161 George Street, c.1875; calculation of simple and compound interest, 1869-1882; bill for pine lumber from the Rathbun Company, 1888; specifications for construction work for the sodus Point & Southern Rail Road, not dated
4) Legal papers relating to costs incurred by the Grand Junction Railway in 1877; a case against Henry Covert involving Kelso and Pitceathly in 1879; a report into the condition and affairs of the Union Mutual Life Insurance Company of Maine, 1884
5) Abstracts of title for lots 4 and 5, east side of George Street, Belleville, 1950; newspaper clipping announcing the designation of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1986
6) Reproduction photographs of 161 George Street and Kelso/Roberts family members, c.2019

Kelso, Thomas

Photographs of 43 and 47 Bridge Street West, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2018-144
  • Collection
  • 11 September 2013

Collection comprises 33 digital photographs and coloured prints of the interior and exterior of the 'Riverboat' house at 47 Bridge Street West and the property immediately behind it, when it was up for sale. The photographs were taken by Gerry Boyce and listed by Lois Foster.
1) North east room facing Bridge Street West
2) Front door and hall on the east side of the house accessed from the balcony
3) Dormer from the inside of the house and facing north to Bridge Street West
4) Dormer from the inside and facing east
5) Dormer facing south looking toward the carriage house
6) Stairway and dormer facing west
7) Hall door facing east and newel post of the stairway
8) Balcony on the north side of the house and on Bridge street west
9) Entrance from the balcony on the east side of the house
10) View of carriage house taken from south east corner of the balcony
11) The north and west side of 43 Bridge Street West
12) North side of house facing Bridge Street West
13) Under the balcony on the north east corner, "47 Bridge Street West"
14) Under the balcony on the east side
15) View of the carriage house from the window inside lower (ground) level
16) Fireplace on the lower (ground) level, west of the back door
17) The inside stone walls of a room in the main house at ground level
18) Utility room in the main house
19) Clawfoot bathtub in the main house
20) Kitchen in south west corner of the main floor of the house
21) Fireplace in lower level of house west of back (south) door
22) South side of house showing remains of bake oven connected to inside cooking fireplace
23) Kitchen in the carriage house
24) Bathroom in carriage house, showing height of old stone walls
25) Upstairs room in carriage house showing height of old stone walls
26) View from carriage house upstairs window, looking toward the south wall of main house
27) Walkway, from parking lot, along east side of carriage house
28) South wall of carriage house
29) Walkway along east side of carriage house
30) Remains of bake oven on south wall of main house
31) Walkway under balcony along east wall of main house
32) North side of the house on Bridge Street West
33) North side of the carriage house

Boyce, Gerry

Various photographs and negatives

  • CA ON00156 2014-01
  • Collection
  • 1980-2007

Various photographic items:
1) Colour reproduction of a postcard of the Post Office building on Bridge Street in Belleville, c.1910
2) Reproduction of a view from west Belleville across the railway lines towards the harbour, c.1920
3) Reproduction of a photograph of the interior of a canning factory, c.1920
4) Reproduction of a view of the interior of a cigar store on North Front Street, Belleville, 1952
5) 29 black and white negatives of the Wharf Street Debating Club, 1980
6) Colour photograph of Bill Hunt junior in front of Bayview School (later demolished for a housing development), c.1985-1990
7) 13 colour photographs of the old Stephens Adamson factory in Belleville, built 1910, taken in 2007

Hunt, C. W. (Claude William)