Showing 69 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Buildings and structures
Print preview Hierarchy View:

28 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

'Bygone Belleville' calendar

  • CA ON00156 2018-139
  • Item
  • 2012

Calendar for 2012 with images of Belleville, Ontario first published by J. S. Hulett of Napanee in around 1880. The images include:

  • Moira River at Upper Bridge
  • Footbridge over Moira River
  • Dafoe House hotel, Pinnacle and Bridge Streets
  • Hastings County Court House, Pinnacle Street
  • Lower Bridge
  • Bellevue Terrace on Patterson Street
  • Rathbun's boat 'Pilgrim'
  • Interior of Opera House

Knutson, Doug

Aerial photograph of Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2011-06
  • Item
  • c.1985

Aerial view of the waterfront east of the Moira River in Belleville, Ontario, showing the harbour area.

Lumbers, Richard

Aerial photograph of Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2013-62
  • Item
  • 1978

Aerial view of Belleville from the Bay of Quinte, looking north, with the Corbin Lock factory on the left and Bridge Street United Church on the right.

Lumbers, Richard

Allen Montgomery photograph collection

  • CA ON00156 2015-26
  • Collection
  • c.1900-2009

Photographs of members of the Ruttan family of Belleville, Ontario and houses in the Great St. James Street area of Belleville. The photographs include some reproductions, including one of a fire at Trudeau Motors in 1948. 111 photographs show construction work for the Quinte Conservation Green Energy Hydro Project at the McLeod Dam on the Moira River between College Street and Cannifton Road in Belleville between 2007 and 2009.

Montgomery, Allen

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Region Branch records

  • CA ON00156 MG 635
  • Fonds
  • 1983-2002

Contains mostly the Quinte Branch newsletter but also correspondence, minutes, reports and a number of walking tours of Belleville and Picton. Some of the minutes from meetings are also included as are some newspaper clippings associated with historic buildings of the region.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch

Architectural plans for the proposed Quinte Cultural Centre

  • CA ON00156 2019-041
  • Collection
  • 1995, 2002

Architectural plans for the proposed conversion of the former Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School into a shared arts, library, and archives space. Include:

  • 6 site plans, elevations and floor plans, 1995 by Philip Goldsmith & Company
    The following plans were produced for the City of Belleville by Goldsmith, Borgal & Company and Shoalts and Zaback Architects Ltd.
  • 62 architectural plans, 2002
  • 28 structural plans, 2002
  • 13 mechanical drawings, 2002
  • 18 library plans

Philip Goldsmith & Company

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Belleville Fire Department

Belleville Fire Department photographs

  • CA ON00156 2018-100
  • Collection
  • c.1920-1990

Photographs of Belleville Fire Department activities and personnel.

Belleville Fire Department

Belleville architecture clippings

  • CA ON00156 2010-30
  • Collection
  • 1963-1979

Newspaper clippings compiled by Mary and Roger Greig, concerning properties in Belleville. Most are Intelligencer articles in a series called 'Our Architectural Heritage' by Lennie Williamson on particular houses. These include:
1) St. Agnes Manor, Bridge and Ann Streets, published 9 April 1964
2) George Bleecker house, 260 Dundas Street East, 16 April 1964
3) John Taylor house, 155 Dundas Street East, 23 April 1964
4) Chisholm-McDougall house, Dundas Street West, 30 April 1964
5) Chisholm-Zwick house, 153 Dundas Street West, 7 May 1964
6) McIntosh-McKenzie house, South Front Street, 14 May 1964
7) Simpson-Wallbridge house, Dundas and Front Streets, 21 May 1964
8) Neo-Classical house, 77½ South Church Street, 27 May 1964
9) Lynch house, 75 South Front Street, 4 June 1964
10) Hutton-Ponton house, Dundas Street West, 11 June 1964
11) Moodie Cottage, Sinclair and Bridge Streets, 18 June 1964
12) McNab-Yeomans house, Bridge Street West, 25 June 1964
13) Welbanks house, James Street, 2 July 1964
14) Animal Hospital (Maybee house), Dundas Street East, 9 July 1964
15) Canniff-Lazier house, Cannifton Road, 16 July 1964
16) Reynolds' Block, Front Street and Victoria Avenue, 23 July 1964
17) Turnbull-Campbell villa, Charlotte Street, 30 July 1964
18) Robertson house, 184 William Street, 6 August 1964
19) Murney-Faulkner house, Bridge Street West, 13 August 1964
20) Springer-Burns residence, 103 Dundas Street East, 20 August 1964
21) St. Thomas Rectory, Bridge Street East, 27 August 1964
22) Scott (Bogart) house, Bridge Street East, 3 September 1964
23) Bellvue Terrace, Patterson Street, 10 September 1964
24) Phillips-Faulkner house, Bridge Street and Dufferin Avenue, 17 September 1964
25) City Hall, Front Street, 24 September 1964

File also includes "An Outline History of Belleville" by Gerald E. Boyce, published by the Hastings County Historical Society in 1962.

Greig, Roger

Belleville flood photographs and postcard publication

  • CA ON00156 2016-98
  • Collection
  • 1907-1936

A heart-shaped publication of mini-postcard images of Belleville produced by Charles B. Scantlebury in 1907.
Two photo-postcards of Belleville, Ontario, during spring flooding [possibly 1936], one showing the broken footbridge, the other taken on Bridge Street West.

Scantlebury, Charles B.

Belleville newspaper building reports

  • Item
  • 2014

File contains transcripts of newspaper reports on new buildings in Belleville, Ontario. The reports date from 1856 to 1914.

Foster, Lois

Belleville streetscapes project, 1998

  • CA ON00156 2014-22
  • Collection
  • 1998

Videos showing buildings visible from city streets in Belleville and Thurlow wards of the City of Belleville, Ontario. The filming was done in February and March 1998 by camera operator Angela Rowan and drivers Peter Kellett and Reg Stacey.

Heritage Belleville

Belleville's Heritage volumes

  • Series
  • 1978, 1983

These volumes were compiled by the Historic Structures Committee of the Hastings County Historical Society in 1978 and 1983. They contain photographs and descriptions of some of the older buildings in Belleville, Ontario.

Hastings County Historical Society

Beth Green papers

  • CA ON00156 MG 654
  • Fonds
  • 1977-2008

Research notes and other materials relating to Beth Green's work for the Building Research Committee and the Archives Committee of the Hastings County Historical Society in Belleville, Ontario.

Green, Beth

Building Research Committee papers and slides

  • CA ON00156 MG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1963-1992

Files relating to the work of the Building Research Committee, including 35mm slides of Belleville, Ontario, buildings, texts of walking tours and files on individual buildings.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Century Place and Bell Telephone collection

  • CA ON00156 2019-066
  • Collection
  • 1976-1977

1) Newspaper clipping about the opening of Century Place in Belleville, Ontario, 26 March 1976
2) Brochure for Century Place, c.1976
3) Instructions for employees starting work in the Century Place building on 29 March 1976
4) Text of a talk on 'Hastings County & the Telephone' by R. W. Carleton, given to the Hastings County Historical Society on 15 February 1977

Cobblestone houses research

  • CA ON00156 2011-04
  • File
  • 1990-1992

File of research notes, maps, slides, and photographs relating to cobblestone houses in Hastings County.

Foster, Lois

Results 1 to 20 of 69