File contains manuscript notes by Mary Plumpton including lists of Thurlow Town Clerks, 1798-1846; transcripts of pages from an unidentified diary 1870-1872, and notes on individuals appearing in Plumpton's work, The Rambling River. Also present is a photocopied printed excerpt from the 1879 Hastings County Directory with entries for Canifton[sic] listing residents by name and occupation.
File contains a printed booklet entitled “Report on the most eligible route for a canal between Lake Simcoe ..and Georgian Bay...to the Bay of Quinte...” by N.H. Baird, C.E., published at Belleville in 1855. The report discusses proposed routes for a Trent-Severn Canal project.
File contains a newspaper article and a photocopy of the same, with a reproduction of a sketch of Bleecker's hotel and ferry as they appeared in the 1830s. The ferry served as a crossing for the Trent at the location of the present Highway 2 bridge in Trenton.
File contains a manuscript license issued by the Province of Ontario on 13 October 1879 approving the operation of a ferry from Sidney Township in Hastings County to Ameliasburgh Township in Prince Edward County. Also present are two printed, completed bills of sale, dated 5 November 1880 transferring 64 shares in the steam paddler, Mary Ethel, built at Trenton, to the Bay of Quinte Navigation Company (Limited).
File contains clippings of local newspaper articles about local groups generally with Christian faith based backgrounds, that do charitable work to promote a sense of goodwill in their communities. Some of these institutions include; Trenton Masonic Temple, Boy Scouts, the Oddfellows, and others.