Showing 12509 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview Hierarchy View:

3631 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

United Empire Loyalist celebration, 1924

Speeches, correspondence and reminiscences concerning the 1924 Loyalist celebrations, including an account by Gwen Lazier of her ride to deliver an invitation to President Calvin Coolidge and a copy of a letter from Thomas Edison declining his invitation to attend.

W. C. Mikel records

  • CA ON00156 WCM
  • Fonds
  • 1920-1960

This collection represents materials originating or used by W.C. Mikel. The first folder contains three speeches delivered during his time as Police Magistrate and Mayor. The next series of folders contains references and sources for his volume The City of Belleville History. The second folder contains correspondence regarding the book. Folders three through ten contain the notes Mikel used for each chapter. Folder eleven contains the plans for “Quinte City" and documents from the Town Planning Institute among others. Folder twelve contains unattributed reference material and general research for the book. Folder thirteen contains Mikel's collection of material for the 1924 United Empire Loyalist celebration which was held during his first term as Mayor. Folder fourteen contains Mrs. Mikel's obituary, a letter from Mikel to the Bank of Montreal, and a letterhead from the period he served as Police Magistrate. Folder fifteen contains three copies of his book, Godlove Mikel. The sixtenth folder contains a variety of newspaper clippings.

Mikel, William Charles

By-laws and other records

File of papers relating to the Women's Christian Association of Belleville, Ontario, including:

  • Printed 'Constitution, By-Laws and Officers of the Women's Christian Association'. 1880
  • Partial newspaper clipping of 8 June 1895 from a women's edition of the Belleville Sun concerning the history of the Belleville General Hospital
  • Surveyors' plan on waxed linen showing land between the Belleville General Hospital and the Bay of Quinte required for Canadian Northern Ontario Railway right of way, c.1920
  • Typed description of Belleville General Hospital property, c.1920
  • Typed By-Law No. 9, authorizing the execution of a contract for alterations to the Belleville General Hospital, July 1939
  • Typed By-Law No. 10, authorizing the establishment of an isolation unite in the Belleville General Hospital, 1939
  • Typed By-Law No. 11, authorizing the WCA to borrow up to $100,000 from the Canadian Bank of Commerce, 7 November 1939
  • Typed By-Law No. 11, revising the constitution of the WCA, 4 February 1941
  • Typed by-law authorizing the WCA to borrow $40,000 from the Canadian Bank of Commerce, 9 September 1947 (2 copies)
  • Manuscript list of WCA documents, undated

Belleville General Hospital

Belleville General Hospital was established by the Women's Christian Association and formally opened on July 20, 1886. A School of Nursing was established in 1893, graduating its first class two years later. In 1922 the Hospital Board was reorganized to include men. By 1948 the Women's Christian Association felt the hospital was too expensive and complex for them to run, and they donated it as a gift to the City of Belleville.

Results 1 to 20 of 12509