Showing 7 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf
Print preview Hierarchy View:

2 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

John Doran collection of photographs

  • CA ON00156 2016-22
  • Collection
  • 1950s

These images of Belleville, Ontario locations were used for teaching at the Ontario School for the Deaf (now the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf), probably in the 1950s. The images depict: Armouries Government Dock Deacon Brothers shirt factory Victoria Park and harbour Tabernacle United Church Belleville Public Works building Belleville City Hall and Council Chamber Hastings County Shire Hall and Council Chamber Belleville Police Station St. Thomas Anglican Church Belleville Pump House Registry Office
*Victoria Avenue Baptist Church

The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, commiteeted to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

Digital images of blueprint of Gibson Infirmary

  • CA ON00156 2016-43
  • Collection
  • 1893

Elevations and plans of the Gibson Infirmary building on the site of the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

Digital copies of negatives from the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

  • CA ON00156 2018-023
  • Fonds
  • 1936-1939

Scanned copies of negatives and one photograph taken by staff of the Ontario School for the Deaf (now Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf). They include photographs of children taking part in classes, sports and activities at the school. The photograph shows City Hall in Belleville, Ontario, decorated for the visit of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in May 1939.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf

'The Way It Was' articles by J. W. Hodgson

  • CA ON00156 2018-048
  • Item
  • 1985-1986

Photocopies of two articles published in 'The Canadian' publication of the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf concerning the appropriation of the school by the Commonwealth Air Training Programme in 1941.

Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf