History of the Bakelite property in Belleville
- CA ON00156 2022-066
16 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
History of the Bakelite property in Belleville
Records of Stephens-Adamson plant in Belleville
Records created and accumulated by employees of the Stephens-Adamson manufacturing plant in Belleville, Ontario. Materials include printed catalogues, plans, an order book, photographs, and printed ephemera.
Stephens-Adamson Manufacturing Company, Belleville
Playing with Fire: Trenton and the British Chemical Company
Digital film exploring the history of the British Chemical Company's plant in Trenton, Ontario, and the Trenton Explosion of 14 October 1918.
Research notes on the Gee family of Belleville, gold leaf manufacturers
Copies of newspaper articles and photographs of the Gee family, owners of the Canadian Gold Leaf Company, 14 Bettes Street, Belleville, Ontario from 1947. Includes details of the family's history and the gold leaf manufacturing process. Prepared by Diane Brennan, granddaughter of George Gee, the founder of the business.
Digital photographs of an iron made in Deseronto
Photographs of an iron made by the Redi-Heat Electric Company Limited in Deseronto, Ontario in the 1930s or 1940s.
Digital files of Deseronto match company research materials
Research notes compiled by Edward Wright on the history of match manufacturing companies in Deseronto, particularly the Dominion Match Company, with extracts from minutes of the Council of the Town of Deseronto , copies of advertisements from the Canadian Grocer, 1911-1922 and scans of match boxes.
DVDs of Corby Distillery film and Vernon's Directory of Belleville, 1940
DVD of promotional film made by Westminster Films for Corby Distilleries in 1977. CD purchased from ArchiveCDBooks with PDF file of the 1940 Vernon's Directory of Belleville, Ontario.
Westminster Films Ltd.
Chisholm Lumber 150th anniversary DVD
Video on the history of the Chisholm Lumber business in Roslin, Ontario.
Plans of Belleville Industrial Park and newspaper clippings on famous residents
Three plans of Belleville northeast industrial park area, 1968-1994
File of newspaper clippings about famous Belleville residents, 1994-200
Various Belleville-related publications
Various items, including:
1) Receipt from McLaughlin Carriage Company addressed to Patrick T. Tighe, June 1st, 1912
2) Operating Rules, Welland Ship Canal Construction Railway, 1914
3) Rules of the Electric Power Company Limited, Belleville, Ontario, c. 1916
4) Notice of Disposition Claim for Exemption, under the Military Service Act, 1917 for Thomas Tighe of Read, Ontario
5) Returned Soldiers' Handbook, May 1918
6) Leave or Duty Ration Book, Thomas Tighe, November 1918
7) Western Scales of Prices Governing Wages in Rolling Mills, June 30, 1920
8) Western Scales of Prices Governing Wages in Rolling Mills, of Maurice Callaghan, June 30, 1921
9) Callaghan's Ice & Wood Tickets, not dated
10) The Navy League of Canada Dominion Council, Seamanship Pocket Manual, 1944
11) 13 colour photographs of a model of a proposed park behind Belleville City Hall, not dated [c. 1980]
12 and 13) Program and song sheet for Victory in Europe concert by the Trentones, May 12th and 13th 1995
14) Unemployment insurance stamps
15) 'The Cooks' Companion' recipe book published by the St. Andrews Club of St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, Belleville, 1932
16) Prize List for World's Fair, Shannonville, September 18th and 19th, 1942
17) Preliminary list of electors for Urban Polling Division No. 9 of Belleville, 1972
18) Agenda and papers of the School Closure Committee of the Hastings County Board of Education, 1992
Harold Cheese Manufacturing Company records
Records of the Harold Cheese Manufacturing Company, including minutes of shareholders' meetings, financial records and correspondence.
Harold Cheese Manufacturing Company
Booklet produced at the time of the closure of the Corbyville plant of Corby's Distilleries, containing a history of the Corbys and photographs of employees and site buildings and vehicles.
Corby's Distilleries promotional materials
Promotional materials relating to Corby's Distillery in Corbyville, Ontario, collected by William Dack:
1) "A Proud Canadian" sticker
2) Postcard of a boy fishing in the Moira river next to the distillery buildings at Corbyville
3) Card advertising tours of the J.P. Wiser Distillery at Corbyville
4) Six notecards with pen and ink drawings of buildings at the distillery site in Corbyville by Poul Thrane
Northern Telecom publicity materials
Promotional materials written by Ron Truman for Northern Telecom:
1) CompQuote (Montreal) Displayphone case study flyer
2) Slater Steels (Hamilton) Displayphone case study flyer
3) Health Care Telecommunications Meridian SL-1 flyer
4) The Canada Council Meridian SL-1 Application Report flyer
5) Meridian Report, Volume 1, Issue 1, December 1986
Aerial photograph of Corby's Distilleries site in Corbyville
Framed aerial view of the Corby's Distilleries complex at Corbyville, Ontario.
Lock Companies of Belleville records
A mix of catalogues showcasing locks and associated building hardware for all the companies involved, but focusing on Corbin. Box of files includes inter company correspondence, newspaper clippings, log books, photographs and shares. A number of other books include a job book for cylinder keys, manufacturing order books and department specific log books. Two awards are also included, 1 for the efforts of a flood control team in 1981 and 1 safety award received in 1960. The fonds also includes a plastic Corbin sign and a key made at the plant.
International Hardware Company
A History of the Marlbank Cement Plant
Photocopy of an article by Stella-Marie Brown, a student at Napanee Secondary School, on the history of the Marlbank Cement Plant, written for an essay contest sponsored by the Lennox and Addington Historical Society and published in The Tweed News on 23 August 1978.
Moira-Schuster Coal Company records
The fonds contains a Daily Cash Transactions sheet with a hand-drawn layout of the coal yards, an envelope with the company name "The Schuster Co. Limited", miscellaneous materials copied from original documents including newspaper clippings from 1954; pages 62-66 of the Canadian Fuel Marketer ca. 1878-1978 issues; Weaver Liquifuels pages 55-60, 2 envelopes of negatives, and 110 photographs of various everyday operations at the Bill Schuster Coal and Lumber Company, as well as photographs of Bill Schuster and possibly his family. One is an aerial photograph of the site of the company.
Hastings County Historical Society Brochure collection
Printed brochures, many of them promoting Belleville and its industries.
Hastings County Historical Society