Materials relating to teaching needlework classes at the Ontario School for the Deaf, 1941-1945
Information concerning subscriptions to the 'Echoes' publication of the Imperial Order of the Daughters of Empire, with list of Belleville subscribers, 1946-1949. Includes handwritten recipes for cocktails
These images of Belleville, Ontario locations were used for teaching at the Ontario School for the Deaf (now the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf), probably in the 1950s. The images depict:
Deacon Brothers shirt factory
Victoria Park and harbour
Tabernacle United Church
Belleville Public Works building
Belleville City Hall and Council Chamber
Hastings County Shire Hall and Council Chamber
Belleville Police Station
St. Thomas Anglican Church
Belleville Pump House
Victoria Avenue Baptist Church
The collection also includes a colour print of 'Keep BCI in the Picture' a reproduction of 'East Side, West Side' by Eve Lucy, printed by Market High as part of the campaign BCIVS 2000, committed to keeping the Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School building as part of the Belleville landscape.
Scanned copies of negatives and one photograph taken by staff of the Ontario School for the Deaf (now Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf). They include photographs of children taking part in classes, sports and activities at the school. The photograph shows City Hall in Belleville, Ontario, decorated for the visit of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in May 1939.
Photocopies of two articles published in 'The Canadian' publication of the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf concerning the appropriation of the school by the Commonwealth Air Training Programme in 1941.