Tape labelled "Hastings County Administration Building, 235 Pinnacle Street, Belleville, Ontario, taped by Heritage Belleville, April /96". The video is 13 minutes and 30 seconds in length, and consists of a visual and audio survey by an unidentified female narrator of paintings and plaques inside and outside the Hastings County Court House and Administrative Building on April 4th, 1996.
Plaque reads: "RED BRIDGE BUILT BY COUNTY OF HASTINGS A.D. 1913 JAMES MOORE. REEVE JUDSON A. GUNTER. CHAIRMAN LUCIUS E. ALLEN. C.E. ENGINEER"
A motion in the minute of Hastings County Council (CH/1/10, p.414) of 1 February 1913 reads "That the Red Bridge over Black Creek in Elzevir be included in the list of Bridges recommended to be built this year, in the report of the Superintendent and Chairman of Roads & Bridges."
Plaque for the Bells Creek Bridge. Text reads "Bells Creek Bridge built by County of Hastings A.D. 1919 Judson A. Gunter Warden, James Welsh Reeve, Peter mcLaren Deputy, Jas. A. Moore Chairman, Fraser Aylsworth C. E. & O.L.S. Engineer".
Proposal submitted to Hastings County Council by the Hastings County Historical Society and the Hastings County Museum on 11 April 1975, to use the old Hastings Road as a historical tourist attraction.
This fonds comprises documents pertaining to the Belleville Harbour Commission. Folders contain:
two copies of the By-Laws and Regulations of the Board of Harbour Commissioners and the amended Harbour Commissioners Act of 1889 from 1947
documents relating to the appointment of Harry Earle as a member of the Belleville Harbour Commission including the official certification from the Registrar General of Canada with the Great Seal of Canada impressed upon it *newspaper clippings
There are also a number of volumes included in this fonds:
volume containing documents relating to an account with the Mutual Insurance Company of the Victoria District, returns from the post of Belleville, and a series of timber licenses
two volumes of the harbour's imports dating from 1879 to 1931
two volumes of exports dating from 1889 to 1935
two volumes of commodities dating from 1873 to 1930
cash book from the Belleville Harbour with dates ranging from 1891 to 1953
three volumes of account books with Canada and Dominion Sugar Company Limited, National Grocers Sugar Stock, Union Elevator, and St. Lawrence Sugar respectively