- CA ON00156 TR/3330
St. Agnes School annual booklet 1913-14
1362 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
St. Agnes School annual booklet 1913-14
Various items including:
1) Clerk’s Cash Book for the Third Division Court in the County of Hastings: receipts of money in court cases, with signatures of recipients. 1912, Mar 5 – 1924, Oct 17
2) Procedure Book for the Seventh Division court sitting at Deseronto. Records names of parties in cases of debt. Contains a few loose papers (correspondence and affidavits), 1923, Jan 1 – 1935, Dec 23
3) Lists of recipients of copies of the voters’ lists (under Section 9 of The Ontario Voters’ Lists Act). Has names of various officials in the district. 1920-1935
4) Legislative Franchise Assessment Roll, arranged under the following columns:
No. on roll
Name of assessed person
Age of assessed person
Condition, M., M. W., W’er, W., B. or S.
No. of concession, name of street or other designation of the local division in which residence of Legislative Franchise voter lies
No. of Lot, House etc. in such division
Covers West, Centre and East wards and includes 65 names in total, 1943
5-7) Three sketched floor plans of Clement Block building (western corner of Thomas and St George Streets), showing ground floor restaurant and apartment and apartments on second and third floors. Drawn in pencil on cardboard (two are on the backs of advertisements). c.1950s?
8) Photographs of three Deseronto councillors: Dennis Tompkins, Sam Knapp, Brian Floyd, mounted on card. 1988-1991.
Copies of letters written on behalf of the Deseronto Public School Board.
Deseronto Public School
Minute books and financial records from the Town of Deseronto:
Town of Deseronto
The following volumes are held:
Photograph of nine students and the Principal of Belleville High School. Names are: Fanny Curry (Finkle), Myrtle Peck, Annie Campbell, Stan Barber, Ruth Sinclair, Jack Milne, Lillian Armstrong, P. C. [Peter Crawford] MacLaurin (Principal), Irene Bartlett (Trumpour), Marguerite Roberts.
1) Clarke's drug store, Belleville, calendar, 1908 [Francis Clayton Clarke (1871-1951) had a drug store at 252 Front Street]
2) Flyer for J. & J. Cash labels, with sample ribbons, 1924
3) Yearbook for King George School, North Front Street, Belleville, 1974-1975
File contains a printed bulletin of the Departments of History and Political and Economic Science, Queen's University, entitled "Captain John Deserontyou and the Mohawk Settlement at Deseronto" by M. Eleanor Herrington. The bulletin was published in 1921 and recounts the history of the early settlement of Tyendinaga. Also contains a letter to the editor of the Ontario Intelligencer explaining the origins of Captain John Deseronto [Deserontyou's] name.
Herrington, Margaret Eleanor
File contains information regarding Dr. Jacob Cronk.
File contains a newspaper clipping about Mr. Lott being charged with conspiring to defraud the electors, there is a reference to the Dominion Bank Robbery.
File contains a newspaper clipping discussing the first steam car in the area, around 1900, being driven by Charles Knight after he won a raffle.
Cutting from The Advertiser newspaper about Hart & Lazier crockery.
A guide for new teachers in the Quinte area.
Bay of Quinte District High School Board
Albert College (Belleville, Ont.)
Letter of complaint about the state of buildings in Prince Edward County. In the same file are three pages of extracts from the publication 'Over the Hills of Hastings', 1923.
Chaplin, Colin E.
Concert held at Bridge Street United Church in Belleville, Ontario.
Belleville Choral Society
Photocopy of an article by A. D. McIntosh of Stirling.
Ontario. Department of Agriculture
Tweed-Hungerford Agricultural Society
Handwritten and typed notes for the Minus 100 presentations given at Hastings County Historical Society public meetings, featuring news items from 100 years earlier. From a variety of Historical Society members, including Gerry Boyce and Beth Green.
Printed illustrated card with poem entitled 'The Union Jack'. The card was produced as a souvenir of the raising of the British flag on No. 3 School House, Octavia Street, Belleville on Tuesday 24 May 1892, Queen Victoria's 73rd birthday. "With Compliments of the 'Old Belleville Rifle Co.' (No. 1 Co., 49th Battalion, Hastings Rifles."