Showing 412 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Belleville
Print preview Hierarchy View:

161 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Collection of Ontario Business College publications

  • CA ON00156 2020-052
  • Collection
  • 1893-1993

Collection of printed materials relating to the Ontario Business College, of which Annetta Brown was Principal in the 1970s.

  1. Belleville Business College Complete Book-keeping text book owned by Arthur C. Frost, 1893
  2. Official Directory of Association of Canadian Commercial Colleges, 1965-1966
  3. Programs for graduation ceremonies at the Ontario Business College, 1977, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
  4. Ontario Business College prospectuses, 1968, [c.1972], 1974, 1975, 1978, 1989, 1993
  5. Programs for official opening of new premises, 29 September 1978
  6. What's Happening in Belleville publication of the Belleville and District Chamber of Commerce, with feature on Ontario Business College, January - February 1976

Brown, Oris Annetta

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Belleville) records

  • CA ON00156 MG 29
  • Fonds
  • 1885-2006

This fonds comprises two accessions. Materials donated by church officials in 2002 include:

  • 36 annual reports dating from 1898 to 2000
  • 'St. Andrew's Church Weekly News', 1888-1890
  • 'St. Andrew's Church News', 1968-1969
  • 'Open Door', 1972-1983
  • 'St. Andrew's Newsletter', 1984-1994
  • 'The Lamp and the Thistle', 1995-2001
  • 100th Anniversary Services, 1927
  • History of the church (4 pages)
  • Correspondence
  • Report: Hastings-Prince Edward Children's Services Committee, 'Directory of Services for Children in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties', 1980
  • Report: Community Care for Seniors, 'A Study of the Needs of the Disabled in the Belleville Area', 1980
  • Report: Community Development Council of Belleville and District, 'Task Force on Hunger Report', 1992

The remaining materials were extracted from the Hastings County Historical Society's textual records in the summer of 2014:

  • File of documents relating to the church's history such as a 1901 article in the Daily Intelligencer and a history of the church written by Kenneth S. Hill
  • File of correspondence and newsletters
  • 15 assorted annual reports and financial statements up to 1970, with a fund-raising proposal.
  • Minutes from the St. Andrew's Society from February 12, 1885 and a menu from the St. Andrew's Day anniversary from 1890
  • File of notices, a program from a service dedicated to Queen Victoria's funeral; a list of soldiers from the congregation who fought in World War One; a program from Sunday, December 4, 1932; programs from Stainer's "The Crucifixion" from 1958, 1959, and 1961; the itinerary from the 1959 annual council meeting of the Women's Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church in Canada; the list to elect the church's elders from 1959; a program from the church choir's production of Handel's Messiah in 1960; a program from the Girl Guide – Brownie Sunday service in 1961; a catalogue of art painted by Allan and Donnah Cameron for an exhibit held in 1964; a program and an advertisement for an organ recital from 1968; there is also a 1968 retelling of a performance by the Ladies of St. Andrews Church from 1889; and a copy of Talk 405 given by Gerald Boyce on Anniversary Sunday 2006
  • File of newspaper clippings

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Belleville)

Needham Throop collection

  • CA ON00156 2017-38
  • Collection
  • 1955-1998

Reports and publications relating to Northern Electric and their Belleville operation. Includes:

  • 'Northern News', 14 Mar 1955
  • Résumé for W. J. Needham Throop, 1965
  • 'Look What's Going On in Belleville' publication, 26 October 1970
  • 'Look What's Going On in Belleville' publication, 25 January 1971
  • 'Northern Electric now...and the future' publication, 1974
  • Proposal for Business Systems to assume responsibility for the office service function, 1980
  • Suggestion Plan Manual for the Subscriber Switching Division, 28 January 1983
  • Certificate of membership in the Telephone Pioneers of America for W. J. Needham Throop
  • Nortel Belleville 50th Anniversary publication, 1997

Other items:

  • Four postcards of the Ontario School for the Deaf; Front Street and United Empire Loyalists monument; Bay Bridge; Moira River, c.1940s
  • Belleville McFarlands decal, 1959
  • Promotional card for Dixie Inn Barbeque on Bridge Street West in Belleville, owned by George A. De Vuyst, c.1959
  • Belleville-Trenton directory published by F & N Directories, 1962-1963

Throop, (William James) Needham

Digital photographs of the construction of the Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County facility

  • CA ON00156 2020-036
  • Series
  • 2015-2016

Photographs taken during the construction of the Community Archives space inside the Belleville Public Library building. Include photographs of the former location of the Community Archives at 154 Cannifton Road, Cannifton, and the physical move of archival materials and shelving from the old building to the new facility.

Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County

Vinyl banners from Under 19 Women's World Floorball Championships

  • CA ON00156 2022-053
  • File
  • 2016

Two large vinyl banners created for the Under 19 Women's World Floorball Championship, held at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre in May 2016.

City of Belleville. Recreation, Culture, and Community Services department

Framed photograph of Queen Victoria School and members of the Board of Education of the City of Belleville, 1913-1914

  • CA ON00156 2022-051
  • Item
  • c.1914

Large framed item with individual photographs of:

  • Queen Victoria School with students outside
    and the following Belleville Board of Education members:
  • B. Mallory
  • S. S. Moore
  • F. S. Deacon
  • William Johnson (Deceased)
  • F. E. O'Flynn, B.A.
  • W. C. Reid
  • A. McGie
  • H. Sneyd
  • T. E. Ketcheson
  • [name missing: possibly Alfred J. McCrodan]
  • A. E. Bailey
  • Frank Sharpe
  • S. T. Harris
  • Thomas Cushing
  • George T. Woodley
  • W. J. Diamond (Secretary Treasurer)
  • A. C. Wilkin (Principal)
  • H. J. Clarke, B.A. (Inspector of South Hastings)
  • John Muir
  • S. A. Gardner (Supernumerary teacher and superintendent)
  • John Elliott
  • L. C. Pascoe
  • L. R. Terwilligar
  • W. R. Taylor
  • J. B. Ives
  • P. Harrison
  • H. L. Ingram
  • Colonel W. N. Ponton M.A. K.C. (Chairman of Board 1914-1915)
  • C. M. Reid (Chairman of Board 1912-1913)

Belleville Board of Education

Papers relating to Thomas Kelso's property at 161 George Street, Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2019-061
  • Collection
  • 1873-2019

Receipts and certificates addressed to Thomas Kelso from suppliers and contractors involved in building his property at 161 George Street, Belleville, Ontario. The work was carried out between 1873 and 1876 under the direction of John D. Evans, architect. This collection also includes notes on the Kelso/Roberts family tree, compiled by Trudi and Bob Banting, with reproduction photographs of family members.

The material has been arranged into the following files:
1) Invoices and receipts relating to the construction of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1873-1876
2) Contractor's certificates relating to the construction of 161 George Street signed by John D. Evans, architect, 1873-1875
3) Summary of expenses relating to the construction of the house at 161 George Street, c.1875; calculation of simple and compound interest, 1869-1882; bill for pine lumber from the Rathbun Company, 1888; specifications for construction work for the Sodus Point & Southern Rail Road, not dated
4) Legal papers relating to costs incurred by the Grand Junction Railway in 1877; a case against Henry Covert involving Kelso and Pitceathly in 1879; a report into the condition and affairs of the Union Mutual Life Insurance Company of Maine, 1884
5) Abstracts of title for lots 4 and 5, east side of George Street, Belleville, 1950; newspaper clipping announcing the designation of 161 George Street, Belleville, 1986
6) Reproduction photographs of 161 George Street and Kelso/Roberts family members, c.2019

Kelso, Thomas

Photographs of members of the Belleville Utilities Commission

  • CA ON00156 2015-60
  • File
  • 1975-1999
  1. 1975-1976: J. B. Corke, Mayor; H. N. Britton, General Manager; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman; L. A. Langabeer, Commissioner
  2. 1979-1980: J. B. Corke, Mayor; H. N. Britton, General Manager; L. F. Reid, Chairman 1979; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman 1980
  3. 1981-1982: P. D. Russell, Commissioner; G. A. Zegouras, Mayor; H. N. Britton, General Manager; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman
  4. 1991-1994: H. N. Britton, General Manager & Secretary; D. R. Parker, Assistant Secretary; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman 1993-1994; S. R. Langer, Mayor; R. A. Barrett, Chairman 1991-1993
  5. 1994-1995: D. R. Parker, General Manager & Secretary; R. L. McDougall, Mayor; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman 1994; R. A. Barrett, Chairman 1995 [2 copies]
  6. 1998-1999: R. L. McDougall, Mayor; D. R. Parker, General Manager & Secretary; E. G. O'Connor, Chairman 1998; J. A. Cox, Chairman 1999

Belleville Utilities Commission

Negatives of photographs of houses in Belleville, Ontario

  • CA ON00156 2018-033
  • Fonds
  • 1978

A series of negatives of properties in Belleville, Ontario, taken by members of the Belleville Camera Club on behalf of the Historic Structures Committee of Hastings County Historical Society. Also a file containing a list of the houses in 'Area C' of Belleville (from the east side of Front Street to East Hill) which were to be photographed.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Research notes on Belleville properties

  • CA ON00156 2021-024
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1990

Research notes and photographs of historic homes in Belleville, Ontario, compiled as part of Elaine Preston's work for the Historic Structures Committee of the Hastings County Historical Society. Includes a file on the Bogart-Carman building (former Cablevue building) at 160 Front Street and files of newspaper clippings relating to historic buildings in Belleville. Includes photographs by Molly Bramley.

Preston, Elaine

Building Research Committee papers and slides

  • CA ON00156 MG 5
  • Fonds
  • 1885-2006

Files relating to the work of the Building Research Committee, including 35mm slides of Belleville, Ontario, buildings, texts of walking tours and files on individual buildings.

Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee

Research notes by Lois Foster

  • CA ON00156 2013-13
  • Fonds
  • 1977-2021

Collection includes:
1) File of copies of newspaper articles on Frank Morse Robb and copy of the patent for his electronic wave organ. Also includes research notes on the William Finkle Machine business at 393 Sidney Street in Belleville (Bristol Aircraft Products during the Second World War) and an article from 'Remember When' on the Argue family home at 338 Charles Street.
2) File of research notes on Belleville buildings constructed by City Hall builder John Forin, c.1988-1898
3) Copy of paper by Gerry Boyce on 'Conflict and Cooperation: The Cemeteries of Belleville, Ontario', 2003
4) Copy of article by Peter Meehan 'The East Hastings By-Election of 1936 and the Ontario Separate School Tax Question', published in 'Historical Studies' 68, 2002
5) Electronic files of research notes on buildings in east Belleville
6) Electronic files of research notes on buildings in west Belleville

Foster, Lois

'Souvenir of Belleville' postcard set and loose postcards

  • CA ON00156 2017-61
  • Collection
  • c.1935

Six loose coloured postcards showing:

  • Front Street, Belleville, Ontario
  • Aerial View of R.C.A.F. Station, looking South, near Belleville, Ontario
  • Moira River, Belleville, Ontario
  • General Hospital, Belleville, Ontario
  • Albert College, Belleville, Ontario
  • Dominion Entomological Building, Belleville, Ont.

    A fold-out 'Souvenir of Belleville' set of postcards produced by Valentine-Black Ltd., Toronto. They depict:

  • Post Office, Quinte Hotel, Churches, Armouries, Belleville, Ontario
  • Church of St. Michael the Archangel (R.C.)
  • St. Thomas' Church (Anglican) Belleville, Ontario
  • Bridge Street United Church, Belleville, Ontario
  • Front Street looking North, Belleville, Ontario
  • Front Street, Belleville, Ont. looking North
  • Moira River looking North from Victoria Park, Belleville, Ontario
  • Bridge St., bridge over Moira River, Belleville, Ontario
  • Main bldgs., Belleville General Hospital
  • Hotel Quinte, Belleville, Ontario
  • High School, Belleville, Ontario
  • Albert College, Belleville, Ontario
  • Main bldg., Ontario School for the Deaf, Belleville, Ont., Canada
  • Club House, Quinte Golf and Country Club, Belleville, Ont., Canada
  • The Armouries, Belleville, Ont., Canada
  • War Memorial, Belleville, Ont., Canada
Results 1 to 20 of 412