File contains writings by Violet Bowerman, 54 Crestview Ave., Belleville on her activities during the Second World War. The file also contains a copy of a book owned by her mother Violet M. Camken (died 1948) - "The Housekeeper's Companion" published by the Ladies Aid Society of Emmanuel Church, Belleville, 1933.
A "Surveyor's Concept Plan of Belleville Waterfront in the future." Drawn by Paul Wiegand circa 1970. Includes heritage buildings moved to new location. Heritage buildings (left to right) Lynch House, [unknown] Patrie House, Margaret Simpson Inn (1820) [church], [house from Pinnacle or Church St.?] . . . 2nd from right: McIntosh, Ridley House, right: [unknown]; in foreground: Petrie Stone building. P. Wreg and Concept of Belleville Harbour.
Papers of Loral and Mildred Wanamaker including Canada Post records (list of Belleville carriers) and supervisor bulletins, leases for Glebe Lands from Rev. John Grier and St. Thomas Anglican Church (1835-1871), voter's lists for Ameliasburg, 1965 and the Town of Trenton, 1909, and 15th ALI band program at Belleville, 1896.
This fonds comprises two accessions. Materials donated by church officials in 2002 include:
36 annual reports dating from 1898 to 2000
'St. Andrew's Church Weekly News', 1888-1890
'St. Andrew's Church News', 1968-1969
'Open Door', 1972-1983
'St. Andrew's Newsletter', 1984-1994
'The Lamp and the Thistle', 1995-2001
100th Anniversary Services, 1927
History of the church (4 pages)
Report: Hastings-Prince Edward Children's Services Committee, 'Directory of Services for Children in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties', 1980
Report: Community Care for Seniors, 'A Study of the Needs of the Disabled in the Belleville Area', 1980
Report: Community Development Council of Belleville and District, 'Task Force on Hunger Report', 1992
The remaining materials were extracted from the Hastings County Historical Society's textual records in the summer of 2014:
File of documents relating to the church's history such as a 1901 article in the Daily Intelligencer and a history of the church written by Kenneth S. Hill
File of correspondence and newsletters
15 assorted annual reports and financial statements up to 1970, with a fund-raising proposal.
Minutes from the St. Andrew's Society from February 12, 1885 and a menu from the St. Andrew's Day anniversary from 1890
File of notices, a program from a service dedicated to Queen Victoria's funeral; a list of soldiers from the congregation who fought in World War One; a program from Sunday, December 4, 1932; programs from Stainer's "The Crucifixion" from 1958, 1959, and 1961; the itinerary from the 1959 annual council meeting of the Women's Missionary Society of the Presbyterian Church in Canada; the list to elect the church's elders from 1959; a program from the church choir's production of Handel's Messiah in 1960; a program from the Girl Guide – Brownie Sunday service in 1961; a catalogue of art painted by Allan and Donnah Cameron for an exhibit held in 1964; a program and an advertisement for an organ recital from 1968; there is also a 1968 retelling of a performance by the Ladies of St. Andrews Church from 1889; and a copy of Talk 405 given by Gerald Boyce on Anniversary Sunday 2006