Southern Hastings County in 1963. Map features boundaries, roads and railways. Scale: 1:63,360. Published by the Department of Highways, Ontario. Made by Hunting Survey Corp. Ltd. Dimensions 107.5cm x 92.5cm.
A unique "one-inch" map because all one-inch series maps were converted to 1:50,000 after 1950. However, this map was converted to 1:63,360.
The file contains a writing by Edgar S. Vandewater born in Sidney Township 1876, titled "Belleville as I remember it in the 1890's", dated 1953 and published in the Ontario Intelligencer 31-Oct-1953. There is also a letter from Richard Moran, great-nephew of Edgar with a brief genealogy.
File contains a publication from the Moira River Conservation Authority, titled “Progress and Achievements 1947-1962; a newspaper article from the Intelligencer dated January 20, 1965 with a photo of the County Warden; a publication from the Corporation of the Township of Sidney, Historic Highlights 1790-1967
This file contains an original wedding invitation from Mr. & Mrs. John H. Vandervoort on the marriage of their daughter Myra E. Vandervoort to Duncan W. Ketcheson, on 4-March-1884 at their home in Sydney Township.
This file contains original documents donated by Charlotte Kuntze, daughter of Fanny Finkle. Papers regarding lot 2, con 6 of Sidney owned by Eliza Ann Simmons, contain abstract record, will, mortgage and correspondence.
File contains a manuscript license issued by the Province of Ontario on 13 October 1879 approving the operation of a ferry from Sidney Township in Hastings County to Ameliasburgh Township in Prince Edward County. Also present are two printed, completed bills of sale, dated 5 November 1880 transferring 64 shares in the steam paddler, Mary Ethel, built at Trenton, to the Bay of Quinte Navigation Company (Limited).
File contains a manuscript history of Glen Ross from its founding ca. 1859 as the settlement of Tupperville to ca. 1918, by Mrs. Arthur Pyear. Also present is a letter from Mrs.Arthur Pyear to Gerry Boyce, 3 June 1965 accompanying the history.
File contains a printed booklet entitled Township of Sidney, A By-Law Relating to Public Morals and Other Matters,” 1909; a Township of Sidney Financial Statement, 1965; and several newspaper clippings relating to Sidney Township Council meetings, 1957-1966, and miscellaneous engraved wedding and anniversary invitations.