Showing 143 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions File
Print preview Hierarchy View:

53 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Research notes on John McLoughlin and Prideaux William Gillum

  • CA ON00156 2018-155
  • File
  • 2008-2009

Research notes and correspondence relating to Dr. John McLoughlin, 'The Father of Oregon', and Prideaux William Gillum, who married John's daughter, Marie Elizabeth McLoughlin. The Geen family was related to the Gillums by marriage.

Geen, John

White family marriage certificate and family tree

  • CA ON00156 2019-007
  • File
  • 1901, c.2000

Marriage certificate of Richard White and Alma Beer, married in Corbyville, Ontario on 25 December 1901 (fragile). With family tree showing the ancestors of William Ross White (grandson of Richard White and Alma Beer).

Materials related to Farley Mowat

  • CA ON00156 2013-19/2
  • File
  • 2013

Collection includes correspondence between Donna Fano and Claire Mowat about the circumstances in which Alice was donated to the Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf. Includes a photograph of Farley and Claire Mowat. Also includes 51 digital images taken at an event in Belleville Public Library on 27 June 2013 at which a caricature of Mowat by Susan Moshynski was presented to the library by John Lowry.

Postcards

  • CA ON00156 2013-19/1
  • File
  • c.1940

Postcards of the Administration Building at R.C.A.F. Trenton and of the London Lunch restaurant at 174 Front Street, Belleville, Ontario.

Notes on Hastings County photographers

  • CA ON00156 2011-07
  • File
  • c.2000

Notes on the names and period of activity of photographers in Belleville, Tweed, Stirling and Madoc, Ontario, with photocopies of examples of their work. The photographers covered are:

  • D. Morrice in Madoc, 1878-1895
  • Mrs. M. Christie in Madoc, 1868-1882
  • E. L. Weiss in Madoc, before 1870
  • J. S. Hulett in Napanee, 1870-1900
  • Maitland in Madoc (produced tintypes, early)
  • Ludbrook in Madoc, 1916-1925
  • Leslie F. Morrice in Madoc, 1895-1916
  • Brock & Co. in Belleville, 1879-1886
  • H. Henderson in Kingston, 1864-1898
  • D. Whatmough & Co. in Belleville, 1870-1878
  • E. E. Richardson in Belleville, 1901
  • W. S. Clarke in Belleville, 1888-1925
  • R. McCormick in Belleville, 1884-1925
  • D. A. Weese in Belleville, 1887-1897
  • M. A. Jackson in Tweed, 1888-1907
  • Thomas Donoahue in Tweed, 1906-1920
  • T. A. Eggleton in Stirling, 1888-1925

Photographs taken in 2013

  • CA ON00156 2018-136
  • File
  • 2013

Photographs taken in Point Anne, Picton, and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory:

  • 2 photographs of Kyle Maracle, a volunteer at the KWE Radio Station and his braille typewriter, 2013
  • 2 photographs of Lou Pereira and his ject car at the Picton drag races, 28 Sep 2013
  • 11 photographs taken at the launch of Vern Whalen's book on Point Ann, including pictures of members of the Hull family (Garry, Jackie, Lois and Ron); John Lowry and Richard Hughes; Ray Summers and Tommy MacDonald; Camilla Summers; Gary Anderson and Vern Whalen

Morris, Bobby-Jo

Newsletters of the Belleville District Runners Association

  • CA ON00156 2018-129
  • File
  • 1985-1999

Newsletters for the following dates:
February 1985
December 1985
November/December 1987
May/June 1990
April/May 1991

Also a flyer encouraging people to come to the annual meeting of the Belleville Runner's Club in May 1999.

Belleville District Runners Association

Newspaper clippings about Sheila Turnbull

  • CA ON00156 2018-103
  • File
  • April 2007

Newspaper articles from the Intelligencer and The Pioneer on the death of Sheila Turnbull, a long-serving volunteer with Bridge Street United Church who was actively involved in developing programs to help people in need.

Files from RCCS relating to parks in Belleville

  • CA ON00156 2018-021
  • File
  • 1966-2017

File of materials relating to parks in Belleville, Ontario:

  • Report on proposed redevelopment of Corby Park, [1966]
  • Correspondence concering Duff Park at Dundas Street West and Sidney Street in Belleville, 1970-1971, 2001
  • News clipping from Belleville Intelligencer concerning the start of construction on the Quinte Sports Centre, 8 October 1976
  • Registered plan of land at the corner of Front and Pinnacle Streets in Belleville, later known as Connor Park, 20 October 1976
  • Memoranda about the designation of Corby Park, May 2007
  • Invitation and program of events for dedication of the Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment Parkette at Dundas Street West/Bay Bridge Road intersection, 23 September 2017

File of materials relating to waterfront development:

  • Final Report on Belleville's East Bayshore by the City of Belleville in partnership with the Waterfront Regeneration Trust, Environment Canada and Quinte Conservation, March 2003
  • Belleville Waterfront Master Plan and Development Plan by Brook McIlroy Planning + Urban Design, May 2005
  • Stage 1 Archaeological Assessment for the Belleville Waterfront Redevelopment Master Plan Class EA by Archeoworks Inc., October 2005
  • The Belleville Waterfront Redevelopment Master Plan by Brook McIlroy Planning + Urban Design, November 2006

City of Belleville

Scrapbook compiled by Joyce Bell

  • CA ON00156 2017-69
  • File
  • 2000-2006

Scrapbook of clippings from The Intelligencer newspaper, Belleville, Ontario, compiled by Joyce Bell.

Bell, Margaret Joyce

Photographs of C. W. (Bill) Hunt and Bancroft mineral cairn

  • CA ON00156 2017-52
  • File
  • 2016

Photographs of the Rockhound Gemboree 'Gemstone Patio' cairn in Bancroft, Ontario, one of the text on the cairn, the other showing the whole monument and Bill Hunt standing next to it. Bill owned the Dixie Lee restaurant next to the cairn and was responsible for getting it built.

Morgan, Mary-Lynne

Results 121 to 140 of 143