- CA ON00156 2019-098
Six digital photographs of the Hotel Quinte after the fire of December 2012.
256 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Six digital photographs of the Hotel Quinte after the fire of December 2012.
Two digital reproductions of photographs of the 155th Battalion of the Canadian Expeditionary Force, raised in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties in 2015. The Battalion sailed for Europe on October 18th 1916.
Various Yardmen and Quinte Sports Centre items:
1) Photograph of Belleville Memos O.H.A. Senior men's hockey team, 1953-1954 with team members' names
2) Souvenir brochure about the Belleville McFarlands, 1959 (donated by Robert and Joyce Wallbridge)
3) Belleville Winter Carnival souvenir programmes, 1971 & 1974
4) Recruitment brochure and letterhead for The Yardmen Drum & Bugle Corps with constitution of the Red Carpet Senior Drum & Bugle Corps Association, c.1973
5) Hastings County Museum brochure and edition of the Belleville Advertiser with front page story on the opening of Glanmore National Historic Site, 18 July 1973
6) File of correspondence between Moira River Conservation Authority and Belleville Yardmen Benefit Fund concerning the purchase of the 1,153 acre Haley-Mellon Lake area in Sheffield Township, with brochures from the Nature Conservancy of Canada, 1973-1975
7) Belleville Yardment Benefit Fund blank stationery and cheques
8) Two photographs: four members of the Belleville Yardment Benefit Fund and the Belleville Yardmen hockey team, c.1976
9) Four Belleville Bobcats Junior Hockey Club souvenir programs, 1977-1978 and 1978-1979
10) Belleville Centennial calendar of events, 1978
11) List of manufacturing industries with addresses and name of person in charge, prepared by the Belleville Economic Development Commission, 1979
12) Quinte Sports Centre brochure and floor plan, c.1980
13) Flyer for two events at the Quinte Sports Centre: Al Martino in concert on 20 April 1980 and dancing to the Carlton Show Band on 3 May 1980
14) Invitation from the Belleville Yardmen Benefit Fund to the C.N.R. Great Lakes Region Ball and plaque unveiling on 10 May 1980
15) Directory of Services & Activities for Belleville Children, c.1980
16) Flyer for the 200th Wintario draw, held at the Quinte Sports Centre on 11 June 1981
17) Five colour photographs and two newspaper clippings about the opening of the Belleville Yardmen dam at West Riverside Park in Belleville on 4 October 1987
18) Flyer for the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets, asking for donations for the Building Fund of the Navy League, Quinte, c.1987
1) Plan of Belleville Harbour area, South Front Street, South Church Street, South John Street and South George Street, showing filled-in city dump area and former shoreline, by John T. Ransom, 1947
2) Plan of the mouth of the Moira river, showing the CPR railway bridge and filled-in land, by Tom Ransom, 1961
Ransom, John Thomas, P.L.S.
Photographs, files and memorabilia relating to Moira Secondary School, Belleville, Ontario.
Moira Secondary School
Reproduction of an 1862 map showing the names of lot owners in Monteagle Township, Hastings County.
Digital photograph of a City of Belleville Local Board of Health notice requiring residents of the city to clean their premises and empty and disinfect closets and privies before May 15. The poster was found in the basement of 280/282 Front Street in Belleville, Ontario.
City of Belleville
Box of materials relating to the Moira Conservation Authority and O'Hara Mill, formerly owned by Lois Wishart (the donor's mother).
Moira River Conservation Authority
Photographs of paintings, newspaper clippings, correspondence and research notes relating to the book 'Manly Edward MacDonald (1889-1971): Interpreter of Old Ontario' (2010) by Charles Beale, with two copies of the book.
Detailed listing provided by Charles Beale:
Box # 1: Photos of Manly MacDonald Paintings taken by Clark Cunningham and Hollis Arnold, 1910 onward. * From Binder # 1 (Some images are missing)
File 001 - 048
File 049 - 084
File 100 - 196
File 197 - 276
File 277 - 356
File 357 - 424
Binder # 2/As Per Binder # 1/ - Paintings, Sketches, Photos, Catalogues
File 429 - 500
File 501 - 556
File 557 - 618
File 621 - 700
File 198 - 341 Enlarged Photos
Binder # 3/As Per Binders # 1 & 2 - Family Photos
File 701 - 748
File 749 - 800
File Enlarged Photos with Assorted Numbering
File Photo Shoot Folder, Revue Design, Belleville Ontario, 2009
Box # 2: Newspaper Clippings, Magazines Re: Manly MacDonald
File A - General Information
File B - 1910s
File C - 1920s
File D - 1930s
File E - 1940s
File F - 1950s
File G - 1960s
File H - 1970s
File I - 1980s
File J - 1990s
File K - 2000s
File L - Undated 1900 forward
Box # 3: Correspondence
To and From Hollis Arnold
To and From Charles Beale
Charles Beale To and From Duncan & Barbara MacDonald
General Correspondence To and From Interested Parties Concerning Manly MacDonald and the Book - Interpreter of Old Ontario: (alphabetical by last name)
File A - D
File E - J
File K - M
File N - Q
File R - T
File U - Z
Box # 4: Hollis Arnold ‘Mock-Up’ to the Launch of Manly E. MacDonald - Interpreter of Old Ontario
Hollis Arnold ‘Mock-Up’
a) Transfer of Material from Rosemary Brander, Daughter of Hollis Arnold to Charles Beale, January 2007
b) License from the Manly MacDonald Family to Charles Beale, May, 2007
c) Notes To and From Brant Cowie, President of Revue Design, Belleville, Ontario (Producers of Interpreter of Old Ontario)
d) Friesen Canada Contract to Publish Interpreter of Old Ontario, 2010
Official Launch of Manly E. MacDonald - Interpreter of Old Ontario, September, 2010 + Speech by Charles Beale
Sampling of Appraisals of Manly MacDonald Paintings by Charles Beale (alphabetical by last name)
Reference Book: Manly Edward MacDonald (1889 - 1971) - Interpreter of Old Ontario, copyright, 2010, Library & Archives Canada ISBN 978 - 0 - 9865068 - 0 - 2
Family history research notes and photographs relating to the Boyle family of Belleville, Ontario, and their Alford, Armstrong, Blakely, Cooke, Corbett, Doolittle, Magarrell, Merriam, Rainbow and Thompson ancestors. Also includes a file on Walter George Bean, a home child from Kent, England. Electronic files contain Boyle family history information and family trees.
Box 1: Armstrong family, photos of tombstones
Box 2: Cooke, Corbett, Magarrell families
Box 3: Walter George Bean, Blakely, Corbett, Doolittle/Merriam, Thompson/Rainbow
Box 4: family photographs and reproductions of photographs
Boyle, Donald James
Colour photographic slides with views of Belleville taken in 1964, 1974, 1984 and 1994, with accompanying lists of the slide contents. One scrapbook of clippings of 'Our Architectural Heritage' columns by Lenny Williamson, published in the Ontario Intelligencer newspaper, with accompanying colour photographs taken by the Kellers.
Keller, Joyce Pearl
1) Newspaper clipping about the opening of Century Place in Belleville, Ontario, 26 March 1976
2) Brochure for Century Place, c.1976
3) Instructions for employees starting work in the Century Place building on 29 March 1976
4) Text of a talk on 'Hastings County & the Telephone' by R. W. Carleton, given to the Hastings County Historical Society on 15 February 1977
Minutes, constitutions, correspondence and project documents of the Citizens for Downtown Belleville (2000-2003) and the Bridge to Bridge Committee (2004-2006). Both groups were concerned with the revitalization of the downtown area of Belleville, Ontario. The files were compiled by Mary Jane Throop, a member of both groups.
Booklet published by the Ontario Department of Lands and Forests, written by W. J. (Jack) Christie.
Ontario. Department of Lands and Forests
1) 'The Gleaming Edge' is a printed book of Charles Andrew Tupper's poems bound in birch bark and signed by the author in 1970.
2) 'The Royal Variable' is a typescript theory of metre and meaning by Tupper, bound with a copy of a letter by Robert W. Macaulay, Ontario Minister of Energy Resources, dated 8 Nov 1960.
Tupper, Charles Andrew
Promotional materials written by Ron Truman for Northern Telecom:
1) CompQuote (Montreal) Displayphone case study flyer
2) Slater Steels (Hamilton) Displayphone case study flyer
3) Health Care Telecommunications Meridian SL-1 flyer
4) The Canada Council Meridian SL-1 Application Report flyer
5) Meridian Report, Volume 1, Issue 1, December 1986
1) Three photographs of Belleville Collegiate Institute cadet corps marching on Front Street, Belleville, c.1940
2) Printed 'Our Queen is Crowned' brochure published by George Weston Limited on the occasion of the coronation of Elizabeth II, 1953
3) Program of ceremonies and order of drum-head service for Belleville Coronation Day events, 1953 [2 copies]
Four (apparently unrelated) items:
1) Negative of a printed photograph of a frame two-storey building with "St. George" on the side
2) Black and white photograph of George Hees (1910-1996)
3) Black and white photograph of Hugh O'Neil (1936-2015)
4) Black and white photograph of a painting of the iron bridge at Plainfield, Ontario
Postcard promoting the Hastings County Museum when it was housed in the former Registry Office building on Church Street in Belleville. The postcard has a sketch of the museum on the front and "One of Ontario's finest small museums" on the back.
Hastings County Historical Society
Part of a letter from F. H. F. (Henry) Skill referring to photocopied pages of the Grand Trunk Railway System Timetable of 14 Jan 1917 and Canadian National Railways System Timetable of 28 Nov 1948 relating to trains through Anson Junction.