- CA ON00156 2016-37
Tickell, Lizzie Josephine
25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Tickell, Lizzie Josephine
The collection consists of financial papers, genealogy books, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, postcards, business cards, music books, horoscope, poll book, address books, ledgers, notebooks, birthday cards, letters, photos/photo album, cartoons, highschool entrance exam, recipe book, stamp book, programs/brochures/concerts, dance cards, yearbooks, certificates, reciepts, invitations, membership cards and text book/teaching book.
Photographs relating to the career of Leonard Fry, who was a member of the 34th Belleville Field Artillery and an employee of the Grand Trunk Railway and Canadian National Railway. Includes aerial view of the roundhouse in Belleville at the end of the Second World War, March 18, 1939 edition of 'Saturday Night' magazine and a souvenir edition of Canadian National Magazine with photographs of the 1951 royal visit.
A mix of catalogues showcasing locks and associated building hardware for all the companies involved, but focusing on Corbin. Box of files includes inter company correspondence, newspaper clippings, log books, photographs and shares. A number of other books include a job book for cylinder keys, manufacturing order books and department specific log books. Two awards are also included, 1 for the efforts of a flood control team in 1981 and 1 safety award received in 1960. The fonds also includes a plastic Corbin sign and a key made at the plant.
International Hardware Company
Research notes by Lois Walkling on the Wilmot and Turner families of Sidney township, Hastings County, Ontario. Includes notes on Sidney township cemeteries and copies of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (Quinte Branch) walking tours.
Walkling, Lois Margaret
Albums and files of newspaper clippings and photographs compiled by members of the Marmora Women's Institute.
The files cover the following years: File 1 1930-1945 File 2 1943-1951 File 3 1952-1982 File 4 1973-1979 File 5 1975-1977 File 6 1976-1982 File 7 1979-1983 File 8 1979-1984 File 9 1979-1984 File 10 1974-1994 File 11 1980 File 12 1983-1984 File 13 1984 File 14 1986 File 15 1986-1988 File 16 1989-1994 File 17 1989-1994 File 18 1995-1996
*File 19 1996-1998
Marmora Women's Institute
Fonds includes legal papers, photographs, correspondence of Mary Greig's mother, Lily Moult (née Wilson) and school yearbooks for Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School from 1931 to 1941.
Annual reports, minutes, publications, photographs, knitting patterns, newspaper clippings and a ledger relating to the Belleville and District (later Quinte) branch of the Canadian Red Cross.
Canadian Red Cross. Quinte Branch
The fonds consists of 48 letters written during World War I, transcriptions of the letters, 1 CD and a book titled 'Just a Few Lines: A Memoir of William Thomas Miles from the Great War, 1916-1919'. The book is written by Thomas N. Miles and William J. Miles, Will Miles' sons and is based on this collection of letters. 47 of the letters are from Will Miles to his mother and 1 is from his cousin Maud to Will Miles. The letters are written between Sept. 30, 1916 and Feb. 18, 1919. Most of the letters are sent from France with a few of them sent from England, Barriefield Camp and Bramshott Camp. The letters discuss Will Miles' day to day life being a soldier during WWI, Flanders mud, lice, hunger and poison gas, meeting girls, complaining of the the food he eats, people being injured or sick, himself being injured, the weather, thanks for receiving parcels, running into old friends and looking forward to coming home in 1918.
Miles, William Thomas
Three volumes of accounts of the Moira Cheese Manufacturing Company and one volume (with missing boards) of shareholders' minutes and lists of shareholders.
Moira Cheese Factory Company
The fonds contains a Daily Cash Transactions sheet with a hand-drawn layout of the coal yards, an envelope with the company name "The Schuster Co. Limited", miscellaneous materials copied from original documents including newspaper clippings from 1954; pages 62-66 of the Canadian Fuel Marketer ca. 1878-1978 issues; Weaver Liquifuels pages 55-60, 2 envelopes of negatives, and 110 photographs of various everyday operations at the Bill Schuster Coal and Lumber Company, as well as photographs of Bill Schuster and possibly his family. One is an aerial photograph of the site of the company.
The fonds contains 12 postcards with images of various locations throughout Ontario, mailed to members of the Morrison family in Tweed, Ontario.
A series of negatives of properties in Belleville, Ontario, taken by members of the Belleville Camera Club on behalf of the Historic Structures Committee of Hastings County Historical Society. Also a file containing a list of the houses in 'Area C' of Belleville (from the east side of Front Street to East Hill) which were to be photographed.
Hastings County Historical Society. Building Research Committee
This fonds is composed of folders of records containing documents relating to the Ontario Business College:
Ontario Business College (Belleville)
These records comprise: five minute books of the Paudash Women's Institute, 1947-1978; files of news clippings; reports to the North Hastings District; notes on local history.
Paudash Women's Institute
Photographs from World War Two, Philip Etter's identification cards, literature on the navy and military, correspondence with the Canadian Merchant Navy Veterans Association, newspaper articles, newspapers from World War Two, House of Commons releases, the journal "The Red Duster".
Etter, Philip Herbert
Separate pages of a photograph album with 35 photographs taken in and around Belleville, Ontario around the end of the nineteenth century.
Jones, Phillip Clement
Colour photographs taken by Bobby-Jo Morris of two events:
1) Protests on the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory concerning missing and murdered Indigenous women, 4 March 2014 (16 photographs and four pages of explanatory notes)
2) Flooding in Foxboro, Belleville and Millton, Ontario in April 2014 (30 annotated photographs)
Photographs of flooding and ice in Belleville in 1918, taken by Kathryn Cummins (born Kathryn Millan in 1900).
Photographs taken of activities and locations in Belleville, Ontario between 1990 and 2005.
1) Unveiling ceremonies, 1990-2003, including: Belleville Garden Club plaque, 1990s; War Memorial Park dedication, 18 October 2001; J. Russell Scott Park, Robin Jeffrey Park, Jane Forrester Park, Gerald B. Hyde Park, R. T. Potter Park, all 2002; Bruce Faulds Track, Wilbur C. Purcell Bridge, J. Ben Corke Footbridge, Jean Smith Housing Complex, Tom Gavey Alemite Park, Putman Bridge, Gerry Masterson Community Centre, Thurlow, all 2003; Riverside Trail groundbreaking [c.100 photographs]
2) Parks and arenas, c.2001, including: Wally Dever Arena opening; Quinte Sports Centre/Yardmen Arena internal and external views; Corby Rose Garden; Lioness Park opening; aerial views of Zwick's Island; Parkdale Community Centre; Meyer's Pier; skating in Victoria Harbour; Wharf Street Debating Club; [55 photographs]
3) Moira River views, including aerial photographs and views of the route of the future riverfront trail, c.2001 [34 photographs]
4) Aerial views of Belleville and Thurlow, c.2001, including: Belleville General Hospital, Hastings Manor, Corbyville distillery site, Quinte Hotel, Belleville Collegiate Institute and Vocational School, the Armouries, Mary Ann Sills park, Zwicks Park, Quinte Sports Centre, Loyalist College, industrial parks [c.100 photographs]
5) Aerial views of Belleville, c.2004, including: Loyalist College, downtown Belleville, Hastings Manor (new building), Reid's Dairy, riverfront trail (under construction), Albert College, Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf [50 photographs]
6) Aerial views of Bay of Quinte northern shoreline, c.2004, including Bakelite plant, Belleville General Hospital, Belleville Cemetery [49 photographs]
7) Unveiling of the Belleville McFarlands mural on the Memorial Arena, 18 September 2002 [49 photographs] with note from Mayor George Zegouras to Marjorie Buck concerning her role as official photographer for the event
8) Competitors at the Games for the Disabled event held in Belleville, c.2002 [32 photographs]
9) Photographs of a celebratory event at Glanmore National Historic Site, marking 30 years as a museum, July 2003 [c.100 photographs]
10) Photographs of Belleville Farmers' Market, c.2002 (taken in summer and in fall) [8 photographs]