- CA ON00156 2016-01
Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf
25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf
486 digital images of the Community Archives' Grand Opening on 7 April 2016.
This fonds comprises documents pertaining to the Belleville Harbour Commission. Folders contain:
two copies of the By-Laws and Regulations of the Board of Harbour Commissioners and the amended Harbour Commissioners Act of 1889 from 1947
documents relating to the appointment of Harry Earle as a member of the Belleville Harbour Commission including the official certification from the Registrar General of Canada with the Great Seal of Canada impressed upon it
There are also a number of volumes included in this fonds: volume containing documents relating to an account with the Mutual Insurance Company of the Victoria District, returns from the post of Belleville, and a series of timber licenses two volumes of the harbour's imports dating from 1879 to 1931 two volumes of exports dating from 1889 to 1935 two volumes of commodities dating from 1873 to 1930 cash book from the Belleville Harbour with dates ranging from 1891 to 1953 three volumes of account books with Canada and Dominion Sugar Company Limited, National Grocers Sugar Stock, Union Elevator, and St. Lawrence Sugar respectively
Belleville Harbour Commission
The Canadian Club of Belleville's fonds contains eight minute books and the following fourteen files:
materials related to the Association of Canadian Clubs including annual reports, invitations, policies and procedures, publications, and conference materials
two files of information pertaining to speakers presenting at the Canadian Club of Belleville
documents relating to the Club's executive
financial documents such as financial reports
regulations and governance papers of the Canadian Club of Belleville
items relating to the Club's membership
newsletters and other published materials distributed to members
newspaper clippings from special events and undertakings
real estate contracts
three folders of news clippings
*one cloth banner 'The Association of Canadian Clubs'
Canadian Club of Belleville
Fonds consist of 3 Tweedsmuir scrapbooks compiled by the Cannifton Corbyville Women's Institute. Also included are 2 minute books and 1 binder of president's notes. Books contain newsclippings, photographs, minutes, brochures, expenditures, handwritten notes, poems, maps and reports of local history and the Cannifton Corbyville Women's Institute. Subjects covered within the scrapbooks are programmes, banquets and miscellaneous events.
Cannifton Corbyville Women's Institute
Fonds consist of three Tweedsmuir scrapbooks compiled by the Carmel Women's Institute and nine volumes of minute books.
The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, photographs, and reports of local history and the Carmel Women's Institute. Subjects covered within the scrapbooks are World War II, excursions of the group, local businesses and news about the community.
The minute books cover the years 1949-2001 and include accounting information for the Institute. Some have lists of meetings, attendance registers and lists of members.
Carmel Women's Institute
Photographs of historic homes in West Hill, Belleville, Ontario. The following houses are pictured:
16 Benjamin Street
35, 45, 70, 83, 110 and 117 Bridge St. West (and three unidentified properties)
2 Catharine Street
House at corner of Cedar/Henry Streets
10 and 12, 11, 14, 22, 23 and 58 Charlotte Street
Coleman (Billa Flint's house)
23, 29, 42 and 49 Dunbar Street
14 Henry Street
2, 11, 16, 25, 51, 74 and 88 Highland Street
Unidentified property on Holloway Street
8, 11, 18 and 26 Isabel Street (and Queen Mary's School)
9 and 102 James Street (and an unidentified property)
169 Moira St. West (and five unidentified properties)
114 Moodie Street
6, 18 and 20 Murney Street
Unidentified house on Octavia Street
125, 149 and 159 Yeoman Street
Fonds consists of 6 albums of family photographs.
This fonds is composed of records from the Halloway Loyal Orange Lodge #251. Four folders each contain a volume ranging from 1859-1875, 1873-1879, 1880-1883 and 1875-1922 respectively. Each of these volumes contains minutes, accounts, members lists and attendance.
Halloway Loyal Orange Lodge #251
Minute books for the Huntingdon East Women's Institute, 1952-1977. File of information including: a history of Fuller and Moira United Churches; reproduction 1954 voters' list for Huntingdon, notes on cemeteries in South Huntingdon Township and 'Memories of Huntingdon Township' by Elmer Wilson as told to Betty Workman.
Huntingdon East Women's Institute
The fonds contains the papers of John S. Turnbull of Belleville, Ontario. Enclosed in the first file is a description of the property of a Mr. Forrin; a notice instructing Mr. Turnbull to pay Mr. James Anderson eleven pounds, ten shillings by Mr. James Turnbull; and a description of the west side of Front Street. The second file consists of items relating to Turnbull's estate including a list of properties he owned, a list of personal effects, the last will and testament of Margaret Campbell, the first and final wills of John Turnbull, and documents pertaining to a dispute over his estate by his family after his death, there is also a map of mineral reserves in Marmora. The third file is composed of various real estate contracts, the fourth file consists of real estate deeds, while the fifth file is made up of real estate leases.
A mix of catalogues showcasing locks and associated building hardware for all the companies involved, but focusing on Corbin. Box of files includes inter company correspondence, newspaper clippings, log books, photographs and shares. A number of other books include a job book for cylinder keys, manufacturing order books and department specific log books. Two awards are also included, 1 for the efforts of a flood control team in 1981 and 1 safety award received in 1960. The fonds also includes a plastic Corbin sign and a key made at the plant.
International Hardware Company
Contains mostly the Quinte Branch newsletter but also correspondence, minutes, reports and a number of walking tours of Belleville and Picton. Some of the minutes from meetings are also included as are some newspaper clippings associated with historic buildings of the region.
Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Quinte Branch
The Belleville Chamber of Commerce fonds is composed of:
Belleville Chamber of Commerce
This fonds contains a variety of documents relating to the Belleville Fire Department which include, but are not entirely composed of, official policies relating to officer's reports, fire logs, health and safety, arbitration, indemnity agreements with surrounding communities, uniform specifications, certificates and cards, labour related issues, scientific studies, records of the city of Belleville and the Belleville Professional Fire Fighters Association in addition to newspaper clippings related to the fire department dated from 1907 to 2001.
Belleville Fire Department
Genealogical research materials on members of the Van Blaricom family, United Empire Loyalists and early settlers of Hastings and Prince Edward Counties in Ontario.
Van Blaricom, Earl Winfield
Research notes by Lois Walkling on the Wilmot and Turner families of Sidney township, Hastings County, Ontario. Includes notes on Sidney township cemeteries and copies of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (Quinte Branch) walking tours.
Walkling, Lois Margaret
The collection consists of financial papers, genealogy books, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, postcards, business cards, music books, horoscope, poll book, address books, ledgers, notebooks, birthday cards, letters, photos/photo album, cartoons, highschool entrance exam, recipe book, stamp book, programs/brochures/concerts, dance cards, yearbooks, certificates, reciepts, invitations, membership cards and text book/teaching book.
Financial and property records relating to the W. R. Prentice store in Foxboro, Ontario, operated by William Robert Prentice and his wife Adelia.
Prentice, William Robert
Research notes and other materials relating to Beth Green's work for the Building Research Committee and the Archives Committee of the Hastings County Historical Society in Belleville, Ontario.