- CA ON00156 TSR
Records of Stirling-Rawdon.
Township of Stirling-Rawdon
25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Records of Stirling-Rawdon.
Township of Stirling-Rawdon
The First World War photograph album contains about 164 black and white or sepia photographs, 1 cartoon entitled "The same old moon", 1 coloured pencil sketch of a nurse. The album is Kodak's "Gallia" model (32.5x26x2cm) in plain black, textured leatherette. The photographs vary greatly in size from 21 x 14.5 cm to 8.5 X5.9 cm. About 40 of the photographs are signed either "E.R. Owen" or "E.R.O.". The first photograph is marked in pencil, "Donor G.B.Waters". Many of the photographs depict the Duchess of Connaught Canadian Red Cross Hospital in Cliveden, England. Many images depict the hospital at the time of a visit by King George V and Queen Mary, a visit by Sir Robert Borden, and a visit by Winston Churchill. There are images of the hospital wards both indoors and out, the cafeteria, the linen supply, and many patients (a lot of the patients seem to be wearing special issue hospital shoes) and nurses. Subjects include: nurses of the Canadian Army Medical Corps; funerals; women ambulance drivers; trenches, military hospitals.
The second album dates from 1916 to 1921. Identified locations include: Athabaska Hall; Banff (Alberta); Red Deer; Lake St. Helena; Edmonton; Sylvan Lake; Mount Royal; Montreal (from M.G.H.); Fort William [Thunder Bay]; Lake of the Woods; Moose Jaw; Markerville; Innisfail; New York. There are several photographs of farm scenes and some of medical personnel in white coats, holding human bones.
The third album includes photographs taken at a graduation at McGill University in Montreal; scenes of Niagara Falls; photographs of cars; two photographs of hospital rooms.
This collection also includes an annual report for Kingston General Hospital, 1906; a brochure for Queen's University Hospital in Cairo, c.1915; five panoramic postcards of Le Tréport, France, c.1915; a letter from 'Elsa' of Dickson, Alberta to Ivy, Clifford and Lloyd, discussing her new job as head of a teacher training department in Ethiopia, dated 5 August 1946, and two sheets of song lyrics for the following songs:
Cupid is the Captain of the Army
I've Said My Last Farewell
Those Songs My Mother Used to Sing
The Bull-Frog and the Coon
The Good Old U.S.A.
So Long Mary
The Tale of a Stroll
I Would Like to Marry You
As We Swing, Sweetheart
Dear Old Johnstown
When I Rode on the Choo Choo Cars
I Fell in Love With Polly
Hey! Mister Joshua
Hiram Green, Good-Bye
It Makes Me Think of Home, Sweet, Home
Waters, Grace Brown
Fonds comprises photographs, correspondence and printed materials relating to the activities of members of the Hall family of Deseronto, particularly Flossie Hall (later Flossie Chalmers).
Records of the Ontario Association of Agrigultural Societies (District 3), including:
1/1) Minute book, 1912-1943
1/2) Minute book, 1944-1976
2) Registers of members attending meetings, 1936-1990
3) Constitution and by-laws, policies and procedures, c.1970-1997
4) Financial records and account books, 1944-2001
5) List of judges, 1992 and published list of fair dates in Ontario for 2002
Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies District 3
Records of the Quinte Field Naturalists consisting of:
Quinte Field Naturalists
This fonds is composed of folders of records containing documents relating to the Ontario Business College:
Ontario Business College (Belleville)
Records of Tyendinaga Township, including Council Minutes, 1847-2010, By-laws, 1850-1958; Assessment and Collectors Rolls, 1855-2015; Board of Health Minutes, 1923-1966; and Clerk-Treasurer's Records, 1919-2002.
Township of Tyendinaga
Records of Wollaston Township in Hastings County, including minute books, by-laws, Council resolutions and collectors' cash books.
Township of Wollaston
Records of the Township of Madoc, Hastings County, Ontario, including minute books, by-laws, assessment rolls, collector rolls, financial records, school censuses, vital statistics, road reports and voters' lists.
Township of Madoc
Records of Marmora and Lake Township, including assessment rolls.
Township of Marmora and Lake
Records of the township of Thurlow, Ontario, including assessment rolls, Board of Health minute books, financial records, Council motions and by-laws.
Township of Thurlow
Minutes, rules, correspondence, constitution of the District 16 Provincial Lawn Bowling Association of Ontario, based in the Ottawa area. Includes pins given as prizes and copies of 'The Green' magazine from 1972 to 1993.
District 16 Provincial Lawn Bowling Association of Ontario
Two scrapbooks of photographs and programs recording the activities of the Mohawk Loyalist Council (1970-1994) and the Belleville Life Member Club (1988-2000) of the Telephone Pioneers of America.
Telephone Pioneers of America: Mohawk Loyalist Council
Scrapbooks created by members of the Belleville, Ontario, Chapters of the Beta Sigma Phi sorority, documenting the groups' activities and press coverage.
Bay of Quinte Area Council
1) Memory Book, 1973
2) File including minutes and notes, 1981-2000
Scrapbooks are included for the following Chapters:
Preceptor Alpha Beta
Xi Alpha Mu
31a) 1993-1994 (this volume transferred from Belleville Public Library in April 2019)
Xi Beta Zeta
One file of loose items.
Poster celebrating 50 years of Beta Sigma Phi, prepared by Gwen Aubin, 1981.
Poster with titles of officers of Beta Sigma Phi Chapters, c.1980.
Additional materials received as 2018-137 in November 2018:
Additional materials received as 2019-111 in November 2019. Members of this chapter included: Geraldine Bertin; Margaret Bowes; Janet Bowland; Donna Bruce; Patricia Clayton; Sharon Dracup; Phyllis Etter; Joyce Foster; Dianne Fritz; Susan Jordan; Patricia Meens; Shirley Newton; Lana Reid; Mary Rowland; Diane Turrall, Shirley Wasson.
1) Minutes of the Laureate Sigma Chapter, 1994-2013
2) Scrapbook of Laureate Sigma Chapter, 1996-1999
3) Photographs of the Laureate Sigma Chapter, c.1996-2010
4) Issue of 'The Torch' magazine, November 2000
Beta Sigma Phi (Bay of Quinte Area Council)
Scrapbooks and family photographs compiled by Walter Aselstine of Belleville, Ontario.
Photographs, files and memorabilia relating to Moira Secondary School, Belleville, Ontario.
Moira Secondary School
Family history research notes and photographs relating to the Boyle family of Belleville, Ontario, and their Alford, Armstrong, Blakely, Cooke, Corbett, Doolittle, Magarrell, Merriam, Rainbow and Thompson ancestors. Also includes a file on Walter George Bean, a home child from Kent, England. Electronic files contain Boyle family history information and family trees.
Box 1: Armstrong family, photos of tombstones
Box 2: Cooke, Corbett, Magarrell families
Box 3: Walter George Bean, Blakely, Corbett, Doolittle/Merriam, Thompson/Rainbow
Box 4: family photographs and reproductions of photographs
Boyle, Donald James
Colour photographic slides with views of Belleville taken in 1964, 1974, 1984 and 1994, with accompanying lists of the slide contents. One scrapbook of clippings of 'Our Architectural Heritage' columns by Lenny Williamson, published in the Ontario Intelligencer newspaper, with accompanying colour photographs taken by the Kellers.
Keller, Joyce Pearl
Calendars of meetings for the Quinte Morning Music Club, listing members and the dates and locations of meetings. Includes some notes on musicians featured in meetings and an article by Mary-Lynne Morgan on the closure of the club, which was published in the Umbrella publication of the Quinte Arts Council in 2019. Also includes newspaper clippings with obituaries of some of the club members.
Quinte Morning Music Club
Collection of negatives taken by Cyril Sharp (all black and white unless noted as colour). The negatives were kept by him in a series of 49 envelopes with the following titles and dates:
1) Loyalist College Kente Entrance, 1975 (2 negatives)
2) Belleville, August 1975 (31 negatives)
3) Belleville scenes, October 1975 (7 negatives)
4) Remembrance Day Parade, November 1975 (18 negatives)
5) Belleville - Misc., April 1976 (10 negatives)
6) Bridge Street United Church, April 1976 (1 negative)
7) Belleville City Hall, April 1976 (5 negatives)
8) Belleville general scenes, April 1976 (2 negatives)
9) Belleville general photos, April 1976 (7 negatives)
10) Air Cadet Inspection 408 Belleville, May 1976 (20 negatives)
11) Air Cadet Inspection 408 Belleville, May 1976 (22 negatives)
12) C.N.R. Belleville, June 1976 (5 negatives)
13) Belleville, June 1976 (4 negatives)
14) Belleville Misc., June 1976 (4 negatives)
15) Belleville Aerial Old Bay Bridge (Causeway), July 1976 (20 negatives)
16) Belleville Pipe Band, January 1977 (10 colour negatives)
17) Belleville Pipe Band, January 1977 (12 colour negatives)
18) Belleville harbour, yacht club, misc., March 1977 (7 negatives)
19) Moira River Belleville, March 1977 (27 negatives)
20) Harbour Area Belleville, April 1977 (7 negatives)
21) Zwicks Island Park train display, April 1977 (5 negatives)
22) Belleville scenes, May 1977 (39 negatives)
23) Belleville misc., May 1977 (8 negatives)
24) Belleville misc., June 1977 (10 negatives)
25) Cablevue 4 Belleville, March 1978 (24 negatives)
26) Belleville scenes, April 1978 (15 negatives)
27) Misc. rock cuts, Belleville, Shomicker staff, April 1978 (14 negatives)
28) Belleville - harbour, Towers store, Anchorage apartments, Zwicks Island Park, May 1978 (10 negatives)
29) Moira River dam, May 1978 (3 negatives)
30) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (7 negatives)
31) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (12 negatives)
32) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (8 negatives)
33) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (12 negatives)
34) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (11 negatives)
35) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (6 negatives)
36) Belleville scenes, August 1978 (31 negatives)
37) Misc., September 1978 (6 negatives)
38) Misc. Belleville, September 1978 (6 negatives)
39) New high rise, Belleville, Bridge Street West, September 1978 (8 negatives)
40) Belleville downtown, old Cablevue building & Queen's Hotel, September 1978 (2 negatives)
41) Belleville Armistice Memorial, November 1978 (10 negatives)
42) Belleville Air Cadet Inspection, May 1979 (15 negatives)
43) Belleville Air Cadet Inspection, May 1979 (12 negatives)
44) Misc. City Hall, Belleville downtown, March 1979 (11 negatives)
45) Belleville misc., May 1979 (8 negatives)
46) Church, Harbour, Belleville, June 1979 (3 negatives
47) Bridge, 1980 (1 negative)
48) Sidewalk Sale, August 1983 (30 negatives)
49) Moira River bed & waterfront, September 1987 (12 negatives)