- CA ON00156 2020-076
- July 1939
Photograph taken at Camp Barriefield, Ontario.
18 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Photograph taken at Camp Barriefield, Ontario.
A group of glass negatives associated with Herbert 'Burt' Rathbun (1861-1897) and his family.
Photographs taken during the construction of the Community Archives space inside the Belleville Public Library building. Include photographs of the former location of the Community Archives at 154 Cannifton Road, Cannifton, and the physical move of archival materials and shelving from the old building to the new facility.
Photographs found in Deseronto Town Hall, dating from the 1970s to 2011, depicting a variety of Town events. They include a set of aerial photographs from the 1980s (some duplicates), photographs of Centennial and Rathbun Memorial Park, the opening of the Deseronto Public Library in its 358 Main Street location in 2001, the 2010 Olympic Flame run in Deseronto, an Easter Parade from the early 2000s, a Santa Parade, the OPP handover (2007?), interior of the Home Hardware store in the Baker Block, 1989 100th Anniversary celebrations, 2002 New Year’s Levee, the O’Connor House before demolition.
Some were taken by Tom Usher (donated by Irene Usher), others are of unknown provenance: probably taken by Town staff.
Town of Deseronto
Two negative-holders with annotations by Harold McMurrich Rathbun for negatives he took between 1907 and 1914, with loose negatives from 1920-1940. Most of the photographs were taken in and around Deseronto, Ontario, but they also include photographs taken on a journey by rail to Alberta in 1907.
Rathbun, Harold McMurrich
Photocopy of a photograph of John Freeman (1836-1905) and his wife, Ann Naphan (1824-1923). At one time they owned the Arlington Hotel in Deseronto, Ontario.
Photocopy of a group of men in Canadian Army basic training, including a Deseronto-based relative of the donor.
Gagen & Fraser
Photograph of Stanley (Stan) McTaggart (1924-2007) and Lalia Histed (1921-2014) on their wedding day in November 1942 at their home on Dundas Street, Deseronto, Ontario. St. Mark's Anglican Church is visible in the background. Stan worked at Gibbard's in Napanee and later was a police officer in Deseronto for five years.
The individuals have been identified as:
Back row: Stan Sigsworth, Clarence Taylor, Stan Mastin, Elanora Histed, Mrs Robinson, ?, Mrs Mastin [?], ?
Front row: Katherine McTaggart, Herb Histed, Stan McTaggart, Lalia Histed, Blennet Histed, Annie ?, Pastor Leach.
Donated by Esther Wood, September 2015.
Staff of Shannonville Canning Ltd., Shannonville, Ontario, in September 1938.
Back row: Nellie Howard, Maggie Brant, Maggie Maracle, Mae Hill, Ethel Bardy, Georgina Rupert, Edna Maracle, Beatarice Brant, John Weese, ?, Mac FitzGerald, Lena FitzGerald, Edna Fuller, Harold Burtt, Mavis John, ?, Beatrice Smart, ?, Blanche Hill, Ivan Hill, Cora Maracle, Harold Elmy, Mr. Rightmyer, Tommy Howard and Percy "Diner" Howard
Second row: Marjorie FitzGerald, Dorsey Brant, Josie FitzGerald, Ethel John, Lydia Marion, Winnifred Maracle, Julia Maracle, Lydia Maracle, Kathleen Louis, Sadie Maracle, Gladys Brant, Eva Burtt, Anita Goodfellow, Stella Breadman, ?, Mrs Burtt, Winnie Howard and Marjorie Brant
Third row: Vincent Bardy, Madeline Spencer, ?, Pearl Brant, Leola Brant, Evelyn Noye, Muriel Hill, Alice Dow, Marjorie Elmy, Marion Hill, Reta Conley, Edna McCarthy, Helena Sager, Maggie Hill, Bertha Reed, Flossie ?, and Helen Fuller
Front row: Austin Fuller, Ross Brant, Clifford Hill, Eugene Maracle, Lorne Maracle, Harry Uens, ?, William Hill, ?, Carmon Spencer, Laural Burtt, Gerald Louis, Blake Cook and Roy Sager
Digital photographs by Bobby-Jo Morris of:
1-2, 12-13) Mike's Restaurant in Marysville, Ontario, 2018
3-10) the Carman fountain at the Moodie cottage on Bridge Street West in Belleville, 2019;
11) Salmon river at Milltown, January 2020
Four photographs of St. Mark’s Church, Deseronto, Ontario:
1) Interior of church, taken by A. V. Richardson of Deseronto, early 20th century
2) Exterior of church, taken from Dundas Street, looking northwest, early 20th century
3) Interior of church, looking towards the altar, c.1940[?]
4) Exterior of church, taken from Dundas Street, looking north, dated December 1976
Photocopies and scans of newspaper articles and photographs relating to the Dawson and Burley families.
1) Photocopy of Quinte Scanner article about Hudson’s Mill. December 18, 1981
2) Photocopy of photograph of front of Deseronto House Hotel, with Deseronto Bus Line coach and horses.
3) Photocopy of photos of the old Deseronto to Prince Edward County ferry, being made into a houseboat (Reg Dawson did this)
4) Photocopy of article in The Intelligencer about the ferry from October 30, 1974. Mentions Reg Dawson.
5) Photocopy of photos of the ferry in service. Undated.
Materials relating to the Deseronto Fire Department, including photographs and press cutting and fund-raising materials.
Photographs, postcards, and school reports from members of the Covert and Cole families of Deseronto, Ontario. Some photographs are from the First World War training camps in Deseronto.
Photographs and flyers from 1971 Deseronto centennial celebrations
Photographs of members of the council of the Town of Deseronto:
George E. Clement
J. M. Olliver
A. A. Richardson, Deputy Reeve
Frederick S. Rathbun, Treasurer
Edward Wilkes Rathbun, Mayor
Robert Irvine, Clerk
James Dryden, Reeve
J. McCollough, Assessor
George Gonyou, Chief of Police
G. E. Deroche, Solicitor
T. D. Galt
Town of Deseronto
Collection of negatives taken by Cyril Sharp (all black and white unless noted as colour). The negatives were kept by him in a series of 49 envelopes with the following titles and dates:
1) Loyalist College Kente Entrance, 1975 (2 negatives)
2) Belleville, August 1975 (31 negatives)
3) Belleville scenes, October 1975 (7 negatives)
4) Remembrance Day Parade, November 1975 (18 negatives)
5) Belleville - Misc., April 1976 (10 negatives)
6) Bridge Street United Church, April 1976 (1 negative)
7) Belleville City Hall, April 1976 (5 negatives)
8) Belleville general scenes, April 1976 (2 negatives)
9) Belleville general photos, April 1976 (7 negatives)
10) Air Cadet Inspection 408 Belleville, May 1976 (20 negatives)
11) Air Cadet Inspection 408 Belleville, May 1976 (22 negatives)
12) C.N.R. Belleville, June 1976 (5 negatives)
13) Belleville, June 1976 (4 negatives)
14) Belleville Misc., June 1976 (4 negatives)
15) Belleville Aerial Old Bay Bridge (Causeway), July 1976 (20 negatives)
16) Belleville Pipe Band, January 1977 (10 colour negatives)
17) Belleville Pipe Band, January 1977 (12 colour negatives)
18) Belleville harbour, yacht club, misc., March 1977 (7 negatives)
19) Moira River Belleville, March 1977 (27 negatives)
20) Harbour Area Belleville, April 1977 (7 negatives)
21) Zwicks Island Park train display, April 1977 (5 negatives)
22) Belleville scenes, May 1977 (39 negatives)
23) Belleville misc., May 1977 (8 negatives)
24) Belleville misc., June 1977 (10 negatives)
25) Cablevue 4 Belleville, March 1978 (24 negatives)
26) Belleville scenes, April 1978 (15 negatives)
27) Misc. rock cuts, Belleville, Shomicker staff, April 1978 (14 negatives)
28) Belleville - harbour, Towers store, Anchorage apartments, Zwicks Island Park, May 1978 (10 negatives)
29) Moira River dam, May 1978 (3 negatives)
30) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (7 negatives)
31) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (12 negatives)
32) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (8 negatives)
33) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (12 negatives)
34) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (11 negatives)
35) Belleville 100th, July 1978 (6 negatives)
36) Belleville scenes, August 1978 (31 negatives)
37) Misc., September 1978 (6 negatives)
38) Misc. Belleville, September 1978 (6 negatives)
39) New high rise, Belleville, Bridge Street West, September 1978 (8 negatives)
40) Belleville downtown, old Cablevue building & Queen's Hotel, September 1978 (2 negatives)
41) Belleville Armistice Memorial, November 1978 (10 negatives)
42) Belleville Air Cadet Inspection, May 1979 (15 negatives)
43) Belleville Air Cadet Inspection, May 1979 (12 negatives)
44) Misc. City Hall, Belleville downtown, March 1979 (11 negatives)
45) Belleville misc., May 1979 (8 negatives)
46) Church, Harbour, Belleville, June 1979 (3 negatives
47) Bridge, 1980 (1 negative)
48) Sidewalk Sale, August 1983 (30 negatives)
49) Moira River bed & waterfront, September 1987 (12 negatives)
Photograph of a man, dog, and woman standing in a field in front of a barn.
Part of Map collection
An aerial photograph of Tyendinaga Township, Map # TD19684Z01. The total area covered includes, Lots # 22-40, Concession 2, Lot # 22-31, Concession 3 - showing orthophoto right of way Selection Plan. For Ontario Hydro - Route & Site Selection Division. Aerial photo taken on September 10, 1973 and published August 25, 1976. Scale: 1 inch = 200 feet.