File contains a carbon copy typescript list of materials relating to the Argyll Light Infantry, 15th Battalion, in the holdings of the Belleville Armouries in 1959. The catalogue was compiled by Gerry E. Boyce and includes a brief history of the 15th Battalion.
File contains a photocopied manuscript biographical sketch of lawyer and council member, Andrew Ball Elmer, together with genealogical information regarding the Elmer Family of Belleville, compiled by G.E. Boyce.
File of items relating to the founding of Stirling, Ontario, and to education in Stirling and Rawdon, copied from the holdings of the Hastings County Historical Society and the Archives of Ontario. These items were sent to Stirling Public Library by Gerry Boyce.
File contains a photocopied typescript catalogue prepared by Gerald E. Boyce of materials relating to the Argyll Light Infantry held at the Belleville Armouries in 1959. Also includes a newspaper article dated 21 June 1963 concerning museum exhibits of artifacts relating to the Hastings & Prince Edward Regiment on display at the Regimental Museum, Belleville, Ontario.
File contains photocopied and original manuscript notes concerning the history of Marmora, Eldorado and Bannockburn village. Also contains photocopied manuscript notes on the history of railroads in Hastings County.
File contains photocopies and original printed advertisements of miscellaneous businesses in Madoc. Also contains a printed invitation to the laying of the cornerstone of Madoc High School, July 2, 1934. Also present is a manuscript extract from the Ontario Provincial Board of Health concerning dams in the Madoc area in the 1870s.
File contains a typescript historical survey with questions concerning the geography, settlement and and social and economic development of communities in Hastings County together with manuscript notes completed by D.K. Card in response to the survey of McClure Township. Also present is typescript and manuscript correspondence from and received by Gerry Boyce concerning the history of McClure Township.
File contains typescript correspondence originating from and received by Gerry Boyce, President of the Hastings County Historical Society regarding the installation of a plaque in Victoria Park, Belleville, in honour of Capt. John Walden Meyers. Also contains a typescript press release of the Ontario Department of Travel and Publicity regarding the public unveiling of the plaque on August 23, 1959.
File contains a typescript letter from the Department of Mines and Technical Surveys, Ottawa to Gerald Boyce, 4 August 1966, concerning a list of photographic prints relating to gold mines in the Madoc and Marmora areas.
File contains a photocopied manuscript set of volumes 1 and 2 of The Seaview Gazette, a newsletter produced by members of the 'Bancroft Clan' in Belleville, Ontario, for the period June 1892 to April 1893. Also included are photocopied printed monthly issues of the publication August 1893 to June 1894. The issues largely focus on social news, visits and community events. Also present is a letter of 28 September 1966 from Wlliam F.E. Morley, Curator, Special Collections Queen's University, Kingston to Gerald Boyce accompanying the transmission of the copies.
Five files of photographs and one file containing the 2012 text of Gerry Boyce's book 'Historic Hastings, Volume Two'. The photographs show scenes in Hastings County and include some Boyce family photographs.
Collection comprises 33 digital photographs and coloured prints of the interior and exterior of the 'Riverboat' house at 47 Bridge Street West and the property immediately behind it, when it was up for sale. The photographs were taken by Gerry Boyce and listed by Lois Foster. 1) North east room facing Bridge Street West 2) Front door and hall on the east side of the house accessed from the balcony 3) Dormer from the inside of the house and facing north to Bridge Street West 4) Dormer from the inside and facing east 5) Dormer facing south looking toward the carriage house 6) Stairway and dormer facing west 7) Hall door facing east and newel post of the stairway 8) Balcony on the north side of the house and on Bridge street west 9) Entrance from the balcony on the east side of the house 10) View of carriage house taken from south east corner of the balcony 11) The north and west side of 43 Bridge Street West 12) North side of house facing Bridge Street West 13) Under the balcony on the north east corner, "47 Bridge Street West" 14) Under the balcony on the east side 15) View of the carriage house from the window inside lower (ground) level 16) Fireplace on the lower (ground) level, west of the back door 17) The inside stone walls of a room in the main house at ground level 18) Utility room in the main house 19) Clawfoot bathtub in the main house 20) Kitchen in south west corner of the main floor of the house 21) Fireplace in lower level of house west of back (south) door 22) South side of house showing remains of bake oven connected to inside cooking fireplace 23) Kitchen in the carriage house 24) Bathroom in carriage house, showing height of old stone walls 25) Upstairs room in carriage house showing height of old stone walls 26) View from carriage house upstairs window, looking toward the south wall of main house 27) Walkway, from parking lot, along east side of carriage house 28) South wall of carriage house 29) Walkway along east side of carriage house 30) Remains of bake oven on south wall of main house 31) Walkway under balcony along east wall of main house 32) North side of the house on Bridge Street West 33) North side of the carriage house
Plans for a Proposed Hastings Heritage Centre in former Thurlow Township Municipal Hall and Offices, located at 154 Cannifton Rd. North. By Gerry Boyce, Susie Boyce, Carson Cross. The former Historical Society and Archives until 2016.
File contains a manuscript and typescript essay entitled “Quinte Waterways,” by Gerald E. Boyce. The paper recounts the history of the Bay of Quinte region from ca. 1615 to 1954. Includes hand drawn maps of the area.
File contains extensive typescript notes transcribed by Gerry Boyce from newspaper, archival and secondary sources concerning recruitment of volunteers, and military action in the Rebellion of 1837. Also present are mimeographs of two essays concerning Hastings County connections and military contributions to the defence of Upper Canada during the Rebellion.