Showing 27 resultsArchival description
6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ON00156 2019-056/9/3
Photographs taken by Michael Durante at the request of Robert Houlehen in the week of 14 August 1975, showing aerial views, staff, operations, buildings, and equipment on the Stephens-Adamson site at Belleville. Several of the pictures are duplicates.
- CA ON00156 2019-056/4/1
Plans showing the Belleville site of the Stephens-Adamson plant:
1) Site survey by J. A. Cosman, 1946
2) Plot plan with adjoining properties and purchase opportunities by priority, 1977
3) Photocopy of layout plan of the quality assurance office area, 1980
4) Photocopy of site plan with storage locations marked, 1982
5) Property layout plan with north, east, and west elevations, 1982
6) Survey of site by R. Douglas Boyce, 28 October 1985
7) Survey of property on St. Paul Street by R. Douglas Boyce, 31 October 1985
8) Drawing of the "General Arrangement of New Shops, March & Henthorn Limited, Belleville, Ont. May 1st 1912" by D. J. Batchlor.
- CA ON00156 2019-056
Records created and accumulated by employees of the Stephens-Adamson manufacturing plant in Belleville, Ontario. Materials include printed catalogues, plans, an order book, photographs, and printed ephemera.
Stephens-Adamson Manufacturing Company, Belleville
- CA ON00156 2019-056/8
Printed materials including:
1) Great Canadian Oil Sands publication
2) The Oilsander
3) Signed 50th Anniversary Stephens-Adamson publication, 1977
4) Certificate acknowledging that Stephens-Adamson had contributed to the preservation of HMCS Sackville, 1985
- CA ON00156 2019-056/9/8
Colour photographs (numbered 3 to 17) showing views of the interior and exterior of the Stephens-Adamson plant in Belleville, demonstrating problems with insufficient space for storage of materials and lack of an overhead crane.
- CA ON00156 2019-056/9/5
Photographs of sites outside Belleville:
1-3) Aerial photographs of Stephens-Adamson plant at Clarksdale, Mississippi in 1958, 1965 and 1974
4) Photograph of an H. N. Lund Coal Company truck being loaded with coal by a self-propelled loader in Chicago, Illinois, c.1960
5) Cerrejon Coal Project conveyor in Puerto Bolivar, Colombia, 1985
- CA ON00156 2019-056/9/2
- Reproduction photograph of a painting of the Canada Steamship Lines ship Richelieu sailing past the Expo '67 site in Montreal
- 6 colour interior and exteriror photographs of parts of the Stephen-Adamson site (with 3 duplicates) labelled "Turret lathe machine shop", "Welding operation steel shop", "Steel shop", "Office", "Engineering Department" and "Machine Shop"
- CA ON00156 2019-056/9/1
- Reproduction photographs of the Marsh and Henthorn/Marsh Engineering Works sites
- 4 photographs of a Stephens-Adamson vehicle in a parade, c.1940
- Photograph of men pouring molten metal into a mould at the Stephens-Adamson foundry
- Photograph of horses pulling a roll of conveyor belt through snow at Carol Lake in Newfoundland and Labrador
- 8 photographs of equipment, including a snow plough built for the City of Ottawa Engineering Department
- 4 external photographs of the Stephens-Adamson plant in the 1950s-1960s(one an aerial view)