Account and property book for William J. Taylor of Belleville. Included account for Mr. William Baker for clothing, tea, cheese, etc., 1851-1853; assessed values of properties on Ann, William, George, Dundas (north side), Hotel Streets plus some sales and trades of lots.
The file contains a booklet "King Baldwin Preceptory, Knights Templar, No. 6 (1928); a ration book issued by Dominion of Canada to Douglas Helen, 173 Ann St., Belleville and a sticker Fred B. Hudson, Artistic Picture Framing, Belleville.
The file contains a number of items donated by Symons Family: 1) labels from Symons' Ladies Store, Belleville; 2) Program from Annual Commencement Exercises Belleville High School 16-Dec-1921; 3) copy of money order, London, England 27-Nov-1924 to Mrs. Clara A. Symons, Belleville; 4) Program from Annual Commencement Exercises Belleville High School 28-Nov-1924; 5) Envelope and card printed 1867-1927 Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Peony Plants from H.R.H. The Prince of Wales; 6) Letter from Susan Tweedsmuir, Elsfield Manor, Oxford, England dated 24-May-1943 addressed to Mr. Watson thanking Belleville Horticultural Society for vegetable seeds.
The file contains a copy of the newspaper obituary for Elizabeth Margaret Purdy, died 23-March-1995. It also contains some of her personal pamphlets for the Quinte Morning Music Club and Quinte Arts Council.
The file contains two copies of the September 1986 issue of the magazine "What's Happening" published 8 times a year by Susan K. Bailey Enterprises Ltd. Belleville. Pages 18-21 contains an article titled "The Belleville Young Men's Christian Association (Y.M.C.A.)" with picture, written by Elaine Preston, Researcher, Hastings County Historical Society.
The file contains three newspaper articles, from the Bancroft Times, dated Sept 2004 about the 100th Birthday of Henry Taylor last of the Fire Rangers, he worked 42 years for the Ontario Forestry Branch.
The file contains brochures for: 1. The Belleville Scout/Guide Museum,; 2. North Hastings Heritage Museum (Bancroft); 3. Hastings County Museum of Agricultural Heritage (Stirling); 4. Quinte Education Museum & Archieves
The file contains two papers on the history of the public library in Belleville. The first on titled "From Mechanics' Institute to Corby Public Library; The Development of library service in Belleville, 1851-1908", was prepared by Elizabeth Mitchell, Information Services Librarian, Belleville Public Library (date unknown). The second one titled "The Belleville Public Library; A History of Service" was prepared by Leona Hendry, Chief Librarian and presented March 17, 1992 at the Hastings County Historical Society.
File contains a paper titled "Conflict and Cooperation: The Cemeteries of Belleville, Ontario" prepared by Gerry Boyce for presentation at Session 5: "Nineteenth-Century Built Environments" at the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Historical Association, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS May 2003.
File contains a publication from the Moira River Conservation Authority, titled “Progress and Achievements 1947-1962; a newspaper article from the Intelligencer dated January 20, 1965 with a photo of the County Warden; a publication from the Corporation of the Township of Sidney, Historic Highlights 1790-1967
File contains a copy of a bulletin issued by the Hastings County Historical Society, Vol. I, No. 2 (April 1965), a copy of the Hastings County Museum Sales Catalog and a program from the unveiling of the Canadian National Railway Locomotive Plaque (June 23, 1968) at Zwick's Island Park.
File contains a letter dated 22-February-1969 from the Canadian Archaeological Divers Society and addressed to Public Archives of Canada, requesting access to records from a lifeboat station situated at Consecon, on the east side of Wellers Bay from 1898 to 1918. No response recorded.