Photocopies taken from 2 Bibles donated to Belleville Public Library by Robert B. Redner in 1984. Records of births, deaths and marriages include family names: Osterhaout, Redner, Huyak, Wright, Conger, Patterson Clute, Goldsmith, Minaker, Tompkins, Wolever, Delong, Gordon and Baird.
A photocopy of a poster created in 1886 proclaiming "Murray Canal Demonstration! The preliminary opening of the Murray Canal will be celebrated on Wednesday, Oct. 6th, '86 at Twelve O'Clock Point, near Trenton, by a grand Demonstration, at which Sir John A. MacDonald and Hon. Messrs. White, Foster & Bowell will be present."
Five newspaper articles clipped from The Tweed News period from Jan 14, 1970 to Feb 11, 1970. Editorial history of Tweed Hydro-Electric Commission written by Cartha Cassidy, Commissioner. "Record of some of the significant happenings relating to the early history of electricity in Tweed and the march of Hydro in the community from 1930 until 1967 - Canada's Centennial Year."
Diary/account book of an unidentified lumber merchant from Belleville, dated 1877. The author mentions shanties, Mill Point and the Rathbun Company, Mr. Wilkie, driving to Robert Bishop's, being at the Mill, attending church, sale of timber in Hungerford Township, daily account for the entire year.
Photocopy of a letter (in what appears to be a church bulletin) written by R.S. Forneri, B.D., Rector on behalf of the building committee extending an invitation to the opening Celebration of St. Alban's U.E. Loyalist Memorial Church.
Parchment-covered paper book containing accounts of Robert Shann, flax dresser of Knaresborough, Yorkshire, England, from 1836 to 1838. The volume also contains the will of Robert Shann, in which he leaves his estate to be divided equally between his borther and sister, Christopher and Jane Shann. The executor was George Elwood, shoemaker and the will was dated 2 June 1827. The will was witnessed by William Jennings, John Turnbull and Rob Butterfield. There are also some botanical and biological notes, a poem, and sketches of buildings and boats.
The file contains a deed, dated 31-October-1918, for the property on the south side of Lot 26, west side of William Street, Belleville, ON. Owned by Mrs. Mary Matilda Lazier nee McMullen to Mrs. Jane Thomas.
File contains originals of Registry Office, County of Hastings, Belleville, dated April 3rd, 1891 “an abstract of all instruments which appear to have been registered in this office upon part of lots twelve and thirteen on the east side of John Street on plan of Ross’ Block laid out on part of lot 5 Con 1 Thurlow” from 1869 through to 1909 also contains origianal mortgages and deeds:
Deed October 2, 1871 - Augusta E. Ross to Wm Boswell and Walter Alford - Lot 12 Rear Street and South Side of Alexander Street, Belleville.
Indenture December 2, 1872 - Walter Alford to Wm Boswell - Lot 12 East Side of Rear Street and South Side of Alexander Street.
Indenture December 2, 1872 William Boswell to Walter Alfrod
Deed February 24, 1874 – William Boswell to Walter Alford
Deed July 21, 1874 – Emma McArthur (Neil McArthur) to Walter Alford
Deed February 28, 1882 - 1st party John Forin, 2nd party Jane Forin, 3rd party Robert Templeton - Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Statutory Declaration dated March 27, 1909 sworn by Annie Wilson
Registry Office County of Hastings, April 3, 1891 an Abstract of all intruments wich appear to have been registered upon part of lots 12 & 13 on the East side of John Street on plan of Ross' Block land out on part of Lot 5 Cons 1 Thurlow from Apr 1869 to Mar 1909
Insurance Certificate from Queen Insurance Company of America, dated April 12, 1912 issued to Mary A. Savage.
Indenture April 29, 1912 - Martha Farley to Mary Asunta Savage - Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Mortgage April 29, 1912 - Marth Asunta Savage to Francis Walsh - Mortgage to secure $2500.22 on Lots 12 & 13 East Side of Rear and Alexander Streets. Lot 5 1st Cons.Township of Thurlow (The Ross Place)
Mortgage April 29, 1913 – Mary Assunta Savage to Michael Francis Walsh.
Agreement for Sale September 1, 1919 - Thomas Mauley and Margaret Barrett Agreement for Sale - House No. 295 John St. on the corner of John and Alexander Streets.