File contains a photocopied newspaper clipping announcing the dissolution on January 5, 1881, of a business partnership between Harford Ashley, James Moore and Isaac A. Fraser who jointly operated a carriage building business at Ross Corners in Thurlow Township.
File contains an Ontario Intelligencer article, 7 February 1961, concerning a break-in and vandalism of the vault at the Thurlow Township office and the concurrent theft of a camera from the Moira River Conservation Authority, housed in the same building.
File contains manuscript notes by Mary Plumpton including lists of Thurlow Town Clerks, 1798-1846; transcripts of pages from an unidentified diary 1870-1872, and notes on individuals appearing in Plumpton's work, The Rambling River. Also present is a photocopied printed excerpt from the 1879 Hastings County Directory with entries for Canifton[sic] listing residents by name and occupation.
File contains a printed booklet entitled “Report on the most eligible route for a canal between Lake Simcoe ..and Georgian Bay...to the Bay of Quinte...” by N.H. Baird, C.E., published at Belleville in 1855. The report discusses proposed routes for a Trent-Severn Canal project.
File contains a newspaper article and a photocopy of the same, with a reproduction of a sketch of Bleecker's hotel and ferry as they appeared in the 1830s. The ferry served as a crossing for the Trent at the location of the present Highway 2 bridge in Trenton.
File contains a manuscript license issued by the Province of Ontario on 13 October 1879 approving the operation of a ferry from Sidney Township in Hastings County to Ameliasburgh Township in Prince Edward County. Also present are two printed, completed bills of sale, dated 5 November 1880 transferring 64 shares in the steam paddler, Mary Ethel, built at Trenton, to the Bay of Quinte Navigation Company (Limited).